Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Webmonkey wrote: »
    if ye around for early evening pint or 2, I'd be up for that. Be nice to catch up :)

absolutely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Good good. Yeah the weather is amazing here. Might try the pub now tomorrow!

Ah I'm good now, nice to be relaxing here at home for a change.

No work this weekend then?

What at home or will you come to Cork? No work this weekend, took 3 days holiday so I don't have to go to work till May 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

deRanged wrote: »
    absolutely!

Nice one. I'll post here tonight and see what the story is!
    mudokon wrote: »
    What at home or will you come to Cork? No work this weekend, took 3 days holiday so I don't have to go to work till May 5th.

Ah that's good. I'm in Kerry at the moment but will be going up tomorrow after noon. I'll let ye know, if you've any interest in meeting up.

I'm going to get off this for a while now. Try and make the most out of outside :)

Talk to ye later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Are shops open like normal today? Or is the place a ghost town?

Shops would be open as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

mudokon wrote: »
    Shops would be open as normal.

Perfect, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hey guys. Went to Fota today was lovely. Don't you just feel so good when its nice weather. Anyway majority seems to be Greenes for the meal. How about next Saturday? If i could numbers asap and try book it like tomorrow or Monday. Just one thing about there, my friend went last time and the online menu was totally different to what they actually got on the night. So be prepared..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hey Everyone :)

If it's tomorrow I may be around :)

Make sure that gang show you what you are missing by not being in Cork

...cadyboo I nominate you!....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Pure_Cork

Cork 0-21 Dublin 2-14

Coming back from 8 points down to reclaim the League :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Am I the only one stuck in work today? :(

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    Am I the only one stuck in work today? :(

I don't know about that, but I'm not at work :)

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Anyway majority seems to be Greenes for the meal. How about next Saturday? If i could numbers asap and try book it like tomorrow or Monday. Just one thing about there, my friend went last time and the online menu was totally different to what they actually got on the night. So be prepared..:D

Count me in for Saturday if it's after 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Doesn't seem like many want to go, but this late in the week now I'd say we might not get anywhere anyway. So dunno what to do!:o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Less of the handbags. Anymore and 7 day bans are coming.
    If you dont like the meetups fine but slagging them off here is unacceptable and wont be tolerated.

castie wrote: »
    If you dont like the meetups fine but slagging them off here is unacceptable and wont be tolerated.

Goading folks for not going to them is fine though is it?
    Not in the slightest. If you built up the courage to go to one of the meetups in the last 2 years rather than chickening out you would know that wink.gifcool.gif

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Doesn't seem like many want to go, but this late in the week now I'd say we might not get anywhere anyway. So dunno what to do!:o

Marina and I would be on for saturday.
    sorry for the late response.

catthinkin is a maybe for Saturday too. Were people thinking of drinks after if we do manage to get a booking?

we'd be on for drinks afterwards anyway.

deRanged wrote: »
    we'd be on for drinks afterwards anyway.

Excellent, might be an idea to try and book a table for 6 people unless others decide they want to come along in the meantime. We'll leave it till Cadyboo sees this and then see what the story is then. If we have a table booked at least we could let them know if people drop out and still have our booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

I'm interested :) I pm'd Cadyboo about it. Me + one more.

• Advertisement

FTGFOP wrote: »
    I'm interested :) I pm'd Cadyboo about it. Me + one more.

Pfft you and your sneaky ways. :P Maybe a table for eight then and I'll chase catthinkin for a definite answer.

Cadyboo, let us know if you are able to book it. If not I'll check it out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rebelle

RoverJames wrote: »
    Goading folks for not going to them is fine though is it?

I thought he was just trying to encourage you to go:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Has anyone heard anymore about JD Sports opening up in opera lane? I was told they are supposed to be looking for staff but can't find any new news about it online?

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Haven't graced this thread with my presence in a while :P How's everyone doing? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

akamossy wrote: »
    Haven't graced this thread with my presence in a while :P How's everyone doing? :)

welcome back:P im absent a lot too these days.. so much work it's not even funny:rolleyes: Cant wait for long weekend and some sunshine:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

corkcomp wrote: »
    Cant wait for long weekend and some sunshine:D

Apparently it's supposed to be poor over the weekend but I'm hoping the weather people get it wrong again.

It's absolutely unreal today...I'd love a twister right about now :)

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anymore about JD Sports opening up in opera lane? I was told they are supposed to be looking for staff but can't find any new news about it online?

Thanks,

I thought they were accepting CV's by email to careers@jdplc.com, that being said I wonder if they are going to open in there at all. The sign must have been up for 5 or 6 months now.

I've just booked Greenes for 9pm Saturday for 8 people, hope this is okay with everyone. If anyone cant make it let me know ASAP please.

people coming are:
    me
    Cadyboo
    FTGFOP + 1
    Deranged + 1
    catthinkin is a maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Thanks Mudokon!

• Advertisement

nice one Mudokon!

This discussion has been closed.