Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

wow this weather is the best :D wont make dinner sorry but hope to see you guys for a drink later , hope everyone is enjoying this tropical weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Thanks catthinkin, shame you can't make it. I've dropped the numbers on the booking to 6. Where would people like to meet up? I was going to suggest the abbot ale house seeing as we never got to go there the last time.

@ Cadyboo, you don't need vouchers from the Echo but there is an extra discount if you have them apparently. €25 is a bargain anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

mudokon wrote: »
    Thanks catthinkin, shame you can't make it. I've dropped the numbers on the booking to 6. Where would people like to meet up? I was going to suggest the abbot ale house seeing as we never got to go there the last time.

@ Cadyboo, you don't need vouchers from the Echo but there is an extra discount if you have them apparently. €25 is a bargain anyway.

Ok well at least we know, thanks. I might not be on line today again so I will text you later if thats ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Where would people like to meet up? I was going to suggest the abbot ale house seeing as we never got to go there the last time.

sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

What time will we say for Abbot's? 8-ish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Ok well at least we know, thanks. I might not be on line today again so I will text you later if thats ok?
    FTGFOP wrote: »
    What time will we say for Abbot's? 8-ish?
    deRanged wrote: »
    sounds good!

All agreed then, Abbots at 8ish. I'll be in Costigans before that if anybody fancies an early drink. :pac:

All agreed then, Abbots at 8ish. I'll be in Costigans before that if anybody fancies an early drink. :pac:

I'd say we might see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Enjoy your drinks guys! Having a BBQ today and not only is the weather shite but my bum is burnt. :( I've never been so uncomfortable. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

NoDice wrote: »
    Enjoy your drinks guys! Having a BBQ today and not only is the weather shite but my bum is burnt. :( I've never been so uncomfortable. :(

How did you manage that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Daegerty

jujibee wrote: »

Maybe from using the bbq as a seat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Thanks Mudokon for organising last night.:D
    The food was fantastic and so was the company. (go on the cheesiness :p:D) Next time we should try for early food so we can have drinks after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Thanks Mudokon for organising last night.:D
    The food was fantastic and so was the company. (go on the cheesiness :p:D) Next time we should try for early food so we can have drinks after.

well said - thanks Mudokon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

kingtut wrote: »

s**t, they went a bit over the top didnt they?:D

corkcomp wrote: »
    s**t, they went a bit over the top didnt they?:D

they took the doors, walls and a bit of the roof! though I suppose if you're taking an ATM out of a bank there's no point in being subtle about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

This rain is so yucky :( I have been spoiled by the nice weather lately and the rain is bringing me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Got drowned. Went out today to do a favour for a buddy who's car wasn't starting. 2 hours of leaning inside a bonnet with rain running down my ass crack wasn't pleasant :D

I have however rewarded myself with beer, and the necessary ingredients for a curry so hot, it may actually cause the end of the universe by a cascading thermal reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭wispyman

Got drowned. Went out today to do a favour for a buddy who's car wasn't starting. 2 hours of leaning inside a bonnet with rain running down my ass crack wasn't pleasant :D

I have however rewarded myself with beer, and the necessary ingredients for a curry so hot, it may actually cause the end of the universe by a cascading thermal reaction.

Paintdoctor - you certainly paint a "memorable" picture with that description...!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I can't believe that it's bad down there. It was a fantastic lovely day in Dublin. Blue skys and all. Very windy though!

Hope everyone is doing good here.

it's a horrible day down here, weather wise.

and those ATM guys apparently didn't manage to take the ATM afterall. I don't know why not, they got just about everything else.

how's Dublin Webmonkey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Ah Dublin's fine thanks. Quite settled here now. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you the last time I was down. The day went a bit fecked up!

How's things there

Webmonkey wrote: »
    How's things there
    no bother, and aside from the weather all is good in Cork. shame we can't shift the rain up to Donegal/Sligo direction - I'd say they'd be glad of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The weather has taken a turn for the worse,got drenched in town today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

jujibee wrote: »

Ha ha just got sunburned, badly. Couldn't move all weekend. :( never sun bathing again!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I have a half hour walk home in the rain to look forward to later. What the hell happened, weather is all over the place lately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Damn this changing weather and making me sick!! Missing out on work and money... grrr :mad:

Lads (and gals) do you think we should keep putting up the monthly meetup threads going or do ye all think that things are better just done as and when in here??

Just wondered what the opinions are?!

Ha!!

Post number 15,000 in this thread. Do I win anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

An odd question but would anyone now of perhaps a pub that was struggle to keep going with the times and that, paying staff etc

Milly33 wrote: »
    An odd question but would anyone now of perhaps a pub that was struggle to keep going with the times and that, paying staff etc

The Woodside Inn in Saleen, Midleton closed down last Autumn due to to those kinds of pressures. If I am understanding your question!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

well your kinds understanding it, I love bar work and at the moment lets say i have time to spare so i would actually voluteer to work in a bar a nice bar that is if they really needed it..To be nice to be nice kinda a thing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement