Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

deRanged wrote: »
    did anyone see the dophins in the river today?

Is that what everyone was looking at? I was wondering what was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Heading over there myself in november :) staying in the affania

I am going in November too :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jujibee wrote: »
    I am going in November too :D

where ya staying?:)

where ya staying?:)

At my mother's house on the north side of the city :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

At my mother's house on the north side of the city :)

oh very nice :)

• Advertisement

oh very nice :)

Yup! Haven't been in about 2 years so I am super excited :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Why the feck is everyone suddenly going to Chicago?

Is there an orgy planned nobody is telling me about??

Don't come knocking if the Sears Tower is swaying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Does anyone here know if the Ballincollig bus stops near the old Cineplex still?

It hasn't changed route or anything over the last few years?? And do you know how much a return is? :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 replica

Needler wrote: »

Time moves on... was in Chicago recently and asked several times for the 'Sears Tower'.... people kept saying 'the Willis Tower' I kept saying no the Sears Tower.... feck it went on for ages... Anyways, the Sears Tower is no longer the Sears Tower...it is now the Wilis Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

NoDice wrote: »
    Does anyone here know if the Ballincollig bus stops near the old Cineplex still?

It hasn't changed route or anything over the last few years?? And do you know how much a return is? :o:o

5eu, and as far as i know it hasn't changed route

• Advertisement

NoDice wrote: »

a return is 5.70,same route

Ya theres a massive city one happening in novemeber ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

It feels like it's getting warmer by the minute!

\o/ Yes!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

That is a nice hotel, right in the middle of all the good shopping. If you like modern art the museum of contemporary art is just a few blocks away from there and it has had some really good exhibits.

Museum is on the list (love contemporary art) along with some shopping and plenty drinking! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Cheers guys for the info on the bus this morning. Meant to type this earlier but only in the door now. What an expensive bus!!! ...I got a taxi.. But that's more cause I'm a lazy bitch. :o

Went to Door 51 today for the first time since it's opened! Loved it! What a cool little spot! Tried to get a drink in Electric to enjoy out in the sun - all the tables were full, the benches had homeless people's blankets on them still & the bar staff completely ignored my friend and I in favour of serving a big crowd of fellas. We fecked off anyway. Closest place - Door 51.

Service was great! One fella, and I've never seen a barman work so hard, run off his feet making and serving rolls, chatting to the tourists at their tables, bringing our drinks out. Thought it was so nice!

I always thought it would have been some dingy, house bar or something (no idea why) but they had thin lizzy & Nirvana records scattered around the walls and a huge Rory Gallagher mural on the wall of their stage. Mr Gallagher admittedly sold it for me. Ha ha. Great music, great drinks, great service & great spot!

Ha ha ha ha Rant & review over. :pac: Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Bah, single again after 5 years and need to find a place to live now. 2011 is really starting to suck ass.

Owen wrote: »
    Bah, single again after 5 years and need to find a place to live now. 2011 is really starting to suck ass.

Thats a pure torment. If you're stuck for a place to live you can always trade the Smart in for an old Octavia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Keep the head up. Something better is always over that hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

sorry to hear that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Sorry to hear that man....it'll take a while but you'll bounce back and eventually love having your independence back I'm sure

Plus there's some nice flats in Cork atm - I'm always keeping an eye out on Daft

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man....it'll take a while but you'll bounce back and eventually love having your independence back I'm sure

Plus there's some nice flats in Cork atm - I'm always keeping an eye out on Daft

Is the idle tower getting any cheaper or are they still hoping someone's going to pay Tiger prices for them?

Is the idle tower getting any cheaper or are they still hoping someone's going to pay Tiger prices for them?

There's a few ridiculous rates for sub standard places alright believe don't worry!!

They'll soon come down I'd imagine nobody can afford those types of rates

Last time I checked it was 1200 a month :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Sorry to hear that man.

Pints saturday ??... :p

Last time I checked it was 1200 a month :eek:

and 4000 a year management fees. does NAMA own it yet or is it still in private hands?

and 4000 a year management fees

whattttt???? :O

whattttt???? :O

Thats what I heard anyway, maybe its gone down since. For that price you'd expect to be able to ring the porter to come up and wipe your arse after taking a sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Has anybody been following the Copa America in town? I'm going to be in town Saturday night during the Argentina v Uraguay match and I'm wondering where's the best place to catch it. I wonder if we could grab the self service table in Soho.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

282033_565803363734_37301879_32136458_992468_n.jpg

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    pic

Never realised Cork was so built up :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement