Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

What is a piccola?some sort of cocktail?

It's a wing wong for a goose's bridal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

People get up to much today?

I drove to Cork to see my new house on college road. Its grand - I love college road, going have a good summer now I think.

Unfort my friend and I came upon a crash today to the road, we were first so had to call emergency services. 3 year old child and all :( - they seemed ok, but were lucky.

Never guess reason she lost control - she was saying the rosary with her mother :rolleyes:

Hope they be ok now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Webmonkey wrote: »
    People get up to much today?

I drove to Cork to see my new house on college road. Its grand - I love college road, going have a good summer now I think.

Unfort my friend and I came upon a crash today to the road, we were first so had to call emergency services. 3 year old child and all :( - they seemed ok, but were lucky.

Never guess reason she lost control - she was saying the rosary with her mother :rolleyes:

Hope they be ok now.

whats so good about college road? besides it being a great wiresharking spot

Being there really since 1st year so it bit of a home the area and plus it full young people, and near City but not too near. No need for stealing internet this year, we got corus in the house.

Being there really since 1st year so it bit of a home the area and plus it full young people, and near City but not too near. No need for stealing internet this year, we got corus in the house.

how much upstream u get out of that? gonna run a few servers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

Hope they be ok now.

Happens alot on college road and western road, crashes that is, not rossery readings ;). Poor kid, lucky they got away.

towel401 wrote:
    how much upstream u get out of that? gonna run a few servers?
    Don't know anything about it yet really.
    subedei wrote: »
    Happens alot on college road and western road, crashes that is, not rossery readings ;). Poor kid, lucky they got away.
    Crash happened more towards Kerry, near Millstreet - but yeah lot crazy things happen on college road alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ClubOrangeKid

kingtut wrote: »
    Welcome welcome welcome young man? woman?

To answer your question....nope but let google be your guide.

Woman..cool thanks...If i leave a new post does it go to the bottom or the top?
    :o

It goes to the bottom :pac:

So you voting tomorrow then?

okay thanks..no im not...are you?

• Advertisement

Sorry was just going by your post, something about going for council.

I don't know, I might - I'm not enough up on politics at the moment because finished college there last week so had no time to think. Course my grandfather and my father are huge into politics - they prob be giving out if I don't vote.

Sorry was just going by your post, something about going for council.

I don't know, I might - I'm not enough up on politics at the moment because finished college there last week so had no time to think. Course my grandfather and my father are huge into politics - they prob be giving out if I don't vote.

i enjoy politics i just havent registered to vote..but if i had richard boyd barrett would get my vote..how about u?

Oh you must register? - I seem to be already registered so. :)

I like politics too, find it funny how the parties just constantly argue with eachother - fun to watch some times in dail eireann.

Oh you must register? - I seem to be already registered so. :)

I like politics too, find it funny how the parties just constantly argue with eachother - fun to watch some times in dail eireann.

i aggree completely..even the coilition government dont get on..this election is only a council one unless ur in bye election area but due to the recession people are taking it so seriously to prevent wrong party getting anywhere near control.

i aggree completely..even the coilition government dont get on..this election is only a council one unless ur in bye election area but due to the recession people are taking it so seriously to prevent wrong party getting anywhere near control.

European Elections tomorrow too, kind of important, worth going to imo.

European Elections tomorrow too, kind of important, worth going to imo.
    oh yes europe is quite important..there isnt that much of a choice.there isnt really anyone who jumps to mind when u think of eho to vote though??:rolleyes:

Yeah thats my problem, I don't know who to vote for.

Its bad not voting but it even worse making an un informed vote.

If a General Election does come up, I don't know what I'd do. I wish FG got in the last time to see where we be now. FF have messed up terribly but I don't know what hell happen at such a critical time if we were to switch to new leaders - I mean, it may look simple to us but the decisions in there can't be easy and well I dunno :) - Just don't know enough really.

We want to be careful dont' this thread get moved to politics forum :P

politics just gets people talking..i feel that ff want out no nd then will get back in when fg clean up this mess..anyway enough of that...does anyone no a good movie to see at the weekend?

Yeah thats my problem, I don't know who to vote for.

Its bad not voting but it even worse making an un informed vote.

If a General Election does come up, I don't know what I'd do. I wish FG got in the last time to see where we be now. FF have messed up terribly but I don't know what hell happen at such a critical time if we were to switch to new leaders - I mean, it may look simple to us but the decisions in there can't be easy and well I dunno :) - Just don't know enough really.

Lots of other countries brought their government down and went back to elections over this economic crisis, wish we had done it, FF have been there since before FF4 ;). Something like 30 years, time for a change I hope. But the problem is indeed who the hell to vote for, doesnt seem to any good information out there to help you make a decision unless your bothered spending ages researching. Anyways, as you say, this might be a tad heavy for here.

anyway enough of that...does anyone no a good movie to see at the weekend?

Caroline is supposed to be good, if your into animation, the original comic is pretty famous by Neil Gaiman, not read it tho. Terminator and Transformers are out in the next few days, if ur into ye ole blockbusters.

• Advertisement

meh..im wouldnt be upset if i missed them..has anything heard about tuy story 3...kids film i no but thats something id be sad about it if i missed it..:P

Yep was getting heavy there - ah I might do some research in the morning :)

I really should go and watch a movie some time - haven't gone to cinema in a year now :eek:

yea, they're all a shower of *****. the lot of them. i'm not even registered, no compelling reason to get registered other than to vote down Lisbon 2 so I can vote down Lisbon 3 the year after.

it doesnt matter who you vote for, its always de gubberment who get in

de gubberment is, and always will be corrupt

nothing we do will prevent the eventual EU superstate and mandatory RFID chipping of people

even if the guy you vote for gets in his full time job will be to agree with Biffo or who ever will be the head poncho then. or else opposition which is completely worthless

if you don't like it here, move. moving is easier than trying to change **** here. if everyone did this we would be surrounded by people who agree with us

voting for a shower of lads who can do what they want for the next 5 years is a ****ty system but people are too lazy for anything else.

that pretty much sums up everything there is to politics.

see the Flynn '09 posters around? The FF logo is almost as small as the line that says who printed the poster. Next they'll have a little * after the name and in font size 0 under it "*Candidate may be a member of Fianna Fail, not suitable for vegetarians"

towel401 wrote: »
    yea, they're all a shower of *****. the lot of them. i'm not even registered, no compelling reason to get registered other than to vote down Lisbon 2 so I can vote down Lisbon 3 the year after.

nothing we do will prevent the eventual EU superstate and mandatory RFID chipping of people

even if the guy you vote for gets in his full time job will be to agree with Biffo or who ever will be the head poncho then. or else opposition which is completely worthless

if you don't like it here, move. moving is easier than trying to change **** here. if everyone did this we would be surrounded by people who agree with us

voting for a shower of lads who can do what they want for the next 5 years is a ****ty system but people are too lazy for anything else.

that pretty much sums up everything there is to politics.

see the Flynn '09 posters around? The FF logo is almost as small as the line that says who printed the poster. Next they'll have a little * after the name and in font size 0 under it "*Candidate may be a member of Fianna Fail, not suitable for vegetarians"

i think the lisbon re vote is an absoute joke..they asked us for our vote..we voted and they didnt like our answer so wer doing it again?? some of the eoin ryan posters in dublin dont have ff on them at all...is anyone tuning into vincent brown..they rnt allowed talk about the vote tomorrow..

towel401 wrote: »

Tad paranoid there, chipping? Dont think so, if it does come it wouldnt be EU's fault. Can I ask why people are against Lisbon treaty? Makes no sense to me, the Lisbon treaty guarantees disportionate representation, ie Ireland and smaller countries have alot more seats in parliament than their population should allow while the bigger powers like germany or france have less seats and votes than their population should have. This treaty gets turned down then the big countries will get that overturned and then EU will be bigger countries making all the decisions. A closer EU is coming, whether u want to have a say in that is the issue, or if u want all the decisions made for u by bigger countries. Voting No in Lisbon wont change that, just will screw us up in the long term.

PS sorry couldnt resist.

This discussion is becoming too logical for this thread. Kingtut, come back!

Tad paranoid there, chipping? Dont think so, if it does come it wouldnt be EU's fault. Can I ask why people are against Lisbon treaty? Makes no sense to me, the Lisbon treaty guarantees disportionate representation, ie Ireland and smaller countries have alot more seats in parliament than their population should allow while the bigger powers like germany or france have less seats and votes than their population should have. This treaty gets turned down then the big countries will get that overturned and then EU will be bigger countries making all the decisions. A closer EU is coming, whether u want to have a say in that is the issue, or if u want all the decisions made for u by bigger countries. Voting No in Lisbon wont change that, just will screw us up in the long term.

PS sorry couldnt resist.

lots of ppl r against it i agree..im not against it i just am annoyed by the way the government didnt get the answer they wanted so they r just goign to keep repeating it.....i really think everyone should be told what it means before they revote and in plain english not political terms

What am I after starting :(

okay all further talk of politics banned...em soo..anyone going to any gigs lately..btw thanks webmonkey i completly get this site now:D

• Advertisement

lots of ppl r against it i agree..im not against it i just am annoyed by the way the government didnt get the answer they wanted so they r just goign to keep repeating it.....i really think everyone should be told what it means before they revote and in plain english not political terms

Couldnt aggree more, the government did their normal job in dealing with any serious issue, screwed it up.

ah a bit of mad scientist in you "what have I done?". sorry about hijacking the thread, ill let ye get back to more interesting topics

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement