Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ClubOrangeKid

:P
    subedei wrote: »
    Couldnt aggree more, the government did their normal job in dealing with any serious issue, screwed it up.

ah a bit of mad scientist in you "what have I done?". sorry about hijacking the thread, ill let ye get back to more interesting topics

welll this was fun but im seriously tired..ClubOrangeKid out x

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

ah a bit of mad scientist in you "what have I done?". sorry about hijacking the thread, ill let ye get back to more interesting topics

Oh I'm bit of a mad scientist alright! - :) - Nah sorry, can continue away, I'm only messing :pac:
    :P

welll this was fun but im seriously tired..ClubOrangeKid out x

Crap, I'm only after drinking coffee :( - Cya round - enjoy the site, you are going to get hooked!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Oh I'm bit of a mad scientist alright! - :)

Ah only mad scientists say that :P

Always have been ever since I was a baby...blowing things up, breaking all my toys, taking motors out and creating things like wasp killers, trying to connect my VTEC computer to a real PC etc.

Oh well, keeps me going :pac:

So any plans for the weekend?

Always have been ever since I was a baby...blowing things up, breaking all my toys, taking motors out and creating things like wasp killers, trying to connect my VTEC computer to a real PC etc.

Oh well, keeps me going :pac:

So any plans for the weekend?

lol, are these killer wasps or wasp killers? the former would be much cooler. Nah no plans myself, if that question is aimed at me, probably just hide away from daylight (cant remember exactly what that looked like) and work till my eyes bleed, fun, fun ;).

• Advertisement

Bit of a hard worker then, same myself. Dunno if it a good or bad thing.

Don't know what to do with myself these few days since finished up college, I'm starting work wednesday though thankfully. Couldn't cope with these past few days :)

Ah same as myself, time off just means not having anything to do, normally cant last a day without doing some work, otherwise feels like Im wasting time.

What going to work as? Just a summer job thingy mejig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

lol, are these killer wasps or wasp killers? the former would be much cooler. Nah no plans myself, if that question is aimed at me, probably just hide away from daylight (cant remember exactly what that looked like) and work till my eyes bleed, fun, fun ;).

back in 2004 there was a craze in holland for electric wasp killers - they were like a fly swatter but the wasp got zapped if he was touching 2 of the wires. some wasps were notoriously hard to kill - blue sparks and a lovely smell of burnt wasps. years later i saw them for sale over here. really should try to buy one and soup it up. so even asian giant hornets will be zapped instantly. then sell it on ebay for 10x the going rate

Yeah I'm same - need some productivity or I feel bad or something.

I'm working in CIT, the research dept there for summer and then going on from there if I like it as a post grad thing. (IT area)

Looking forward to it.

What kind of work do you do?

towel401 wrote: »
    back in 2004 there was a craze in holland for electric wasp killers - they were like a fly swatter but the wasp got zapped if he was touching 2 of the wires. some wasps were notoriously hard to kill - blue sparks and a lovely smell of burnt wasps. years later i saw them for sale over here. really should try to buy one and soup it up. so even asian giant hornets will be zapped instantly. then sell it on ebay for 10x the going rate

Thats till the evolve and start to hunt you for your misdeeds. Just get a dog, or a cat they seem to love to kill them.
    Yeah I'm same - need some productivity or I feel bad or something.

I'm working in CIT, the research dept there for summer and then going on from there if I like it as a post grad thing. (IT area)

Looking forward to it.

What kind of work do you do?

Wow that is a good job, a nice job to land after college, I will probably end up selling the big issue when I finish (no insult meant to big issues sellers ;)). As for me, I do a masters in Illustration, tis alot of fun, really enjoy doing it but takes alot of time

• Advertisement

Thats till the evolve and start to hunt you for your misdeeds. Just get a dog, or a cat they seem to love to kill them.

if that happens it means my wasp killer isn't powerful enough.more jiggawatts loike

besides i love killing wasps using obscure methods. never been stung but i hate the ****ers. once I got one to kill itself by having it sting the sole of my shoe and dragging its guts out like a bee would. that was 10 yeas ago, yea i was a ****ed up child. still am really

Don't worry I was the same.

I got a plastic tweezer (sp?), put it on this platform and tied a string onto it. The string was tied onto a motor, with a switch. Jam was put in between the tweezer and then when wasp came, i'd turn on the switch and it would squash the wasp until guts come out.

Of course, I'd never be doing such things now - more important things - that was 10 years ago too if not more

if that happens it means my wasp killer isn't powerful enough.more jiggawatts loike

besides i love killing wasps using obscure methods. never been stung but i hate the ****ers. once I got one to kill itself by having it sting the sole of my shoe and dragging its guts out like a bee would. that was 10 yeas ago, yea i was a ****ed up child. still am really

LOL, well lets just hope the buddhists arent right so and u killed one of your ancestors. Never liked wasps myself, their like chavs/scumbags/wa's of the insect world, even the sound they make sounds like them "wwaaaaaaa"

LOL, well lets just hope the buddhists arent right so and u killed one of your ancestors. Never liked wasps myself, their like chavs/scumbags/wa's of the insect world, even the sound they make sounds like them "wwaaaaaaa"

maybe all those undesirables become wasps when they die? so even more reason to kill them, i suppose they're not allowed to move to the next animal until they complete a life as a wasp. i dunno how that works

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

What is a piccola?some sort of cocktail?

It's really addictive....:eek:

maybe all those undesirables become wasps when they die? so even more reason to kill them, i suppose they're not allowed to move to the next animal until they complete a life as a wasp. i dunno how that works

lol, would explain their behaviour, going around stinging for no reason. Perhaps there is some glitch in the system that makes souls meant for the wasps end up being humans, mmmm, would explain alot

Hows people today, temperatures starting to drop... think it raining tomorrow - no doubt this place will get active again then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

yeah well i think if i pray long and hard enough god may just grant my wish for millions of people! :)

i was supposed to be going to a gay bar but i'm not really in the mood for it tbh! i suppose i could go in at 11 so i don't have to be there long,my friend insists its a cool place to be!

yeah well i think if i pray long and hard enough god may just grant my wish for millions of people! :)

i was supposed to be going to a gay bar but i'm not really in the mood for it tbh! i suppose i could go in at 11 so i don't have to be there long,my friend insists its a cool place to be!

apparently gay bars are a great place for a pint. what draws wimmin to em? lots of guys who don't want a shag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

dono,its because in a normal pub, women feel like they get looked at alot and attention is focused on the way they look and act.
    ...in a gay bar! hell... its like a meat fest like! men acting like women and women feeling less pressured!

• Advertisement

dono,its because in a normal pub, women feel like they get looked at alot and attention is focused on the way they look and act.
    ...in a gay bar! hell... its like a meat fest like! men acting like women and women feeling less pressured!
    Yeah say girls get a lot of looks alright, but say if they didn't get them, they'd be complaining too! :)

Just been to the shop, poor girl in till had to walk out and she tripped over a box pulling down a big display of batteries all over place. She handled scene fairly well considering it was packed as was bout to close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've just been to a wine tasting. Smashing fun altogether.
    Definitely on the list for a boards outing.

Yeah say girls get a lot of looks alright, but say if they didn't get them, they'd be complaining too! :)

yea.. they definitely would

<long rant goes here>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Ciao!
    Pouring rain in Dub....kinda job hunting...my gosh...I miss Cork :\

I was at a beers night yesterday night, the Nocturnal Forum one and 'twas lovely...like...20 ppl! :eek:
    But I was uper shy. I love our mini-beers lol

How are you doing guys? Everyone in cozy warm spots?

Ciao!
    Pouring rain in Dub....kinda job hunting...my gosh...I miss Cork :\

I was at a beers night yesterday night, the Nocturnal Forum one and 'twas lovely...like...20 ppl! :eek:
    But I was uper shy. I love our mini-beers lol

How are you doing guys? Everyone in cozy warm spots?
    Oh Dublin Nice, I say the turn out to beers much better there. We should hold a official cork beers now in a few weeks time, like create a dedicated thread. It may influence newbies to join - this and social outings thread could scare them!

My day was fine, went to a BBQ, but it rained and then none of us were drinking and it wasn't much of a party haha, watched Family Guy - still though, enjoyed it away from the house.

Oh Dublin Nice, I say the turn out to beers much better there. We should hold a official cork beers now in a few weeks time, like create a dedicated thread. It may influence newbies to join - this and social outings thread could scare them!

My day was fine, went to a BBQ, but it rained and then none of us were drinking and it wasn't much of a party haha, watched Family Guy - still though, enjoyed it away from the house.

yea these threads should just be left die and start from scratch. maybe we can ask a mod to delete them or something.

can we get a private forum to post all the crazy **** in while at the same time pretending to be normal over here?

Yeah say loads scared off with stuff in this thread alright. Crazy randomness in here alright - just what the thread was designed for I guess :) - should be members only though

this thread is fine as it is.
    the social events are usually spun out into a thread of their own anyway, so I wouldn't change anything.

deRanged wrote: »
    this thread is fine as it is.
    the social events are usually spun out into a thread of their own anyway, so I wouldn't change anything.
    Ah this thread grand alright - only messing bout that.

Hows everyone today, I saw "sawIII" there, what a great movie - bit sick alright though.

• Advertisement

I'm not much of a Saw fan.

went to Terminator Salvation last night, wasn't much impressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement