Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah it's either love or hate.

Could have gone to see it myself, friends were going but didn't bother after. Not so good so, not the same without Arnold?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Webmonkey wrote: »
    not the same without Arnold?

I'm a big fan of the series, and of the genre.
    It's just that the film was disorganised. They didn't seem to have a coherent idea of what to do. They threw in catchphrases from the older films - "Come with me if you want to live" but without the menace that was in the older films, they seemed a little silly. The Terminators just weren't scary. The sense of an overwhelming unstoppable force coming for you wasn't there.

it's grand like, just not great. which is ok, but makes Bale's hissy fit all the more amusing. you wonder what he was filming when it happened.

Cool, I'll go see it soon hopefully.

Any plans for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

I like saw :) i watched the terminator movie,it was good.just not great,nearly fell asleep by the end of it.

I like saw :) i watched the terminator movie,it was good.just not great,nearly fell asleep by the end of it.
    It make ya want to vomit at times alright but worth it alright - really liked how it ended now. No happy ending like most!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Ive only ever seen saw 4 and i laughed the whole way through it! :-P the other 15 ppl were shocked cause of me xD

Must watch that one too now, didn't realise so many out - being ages since I've seen first too.

Cruel Intentions is just after starting now. Good Movie :) -

Edit - it's 3, never seen that one and doesn't look good according to IMDB :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Must watch that one too now, didn't realise so many out - being ages since I've seen first too.

Cruel Intentions is just after starting now. Good Movie :) -

Edit - it's 3, never seen that one and doesn't look good according to IMDB :(

yea cruel intentions is a daycent movie, the sex scene is awsoem. it also reminds me of better times - '98. its one of very few movies i actually like.

Anyone around tonight? Nope? :(

not rly

• Advertisement

Yeah, suppose bit late too.

Played micro machines this evening on Sega with group of friends, was deadly.
    Yesterday I went BB gunning and am all marks after it today. Great fun, inside in dikes hunting people.

funsies. .177?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

hugs everone hi...
    I am still in Dub, coming back today...

I am probably moving very soon...to this big smoke...
    A job on trial next week and if everything is ok starting at the end of the month...
    Don't wanna go.

:,(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

A job on trial next week and if everything is ok starting at the end of the month...
    that's good news - congratulations!
    Don't wanna go.
    that's less good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Evening!

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Evening!

hai

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Evening to u too :)

How's everyone? Been awhile since I poked around here!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ah all good here - Not too happy with the rain TBH :(
    Fecking busy in work - looking forward to the weekend already :P

hugs everone hi...
    I am still in Dub, coming back today...

I am probably moving very soon...to this big smoke...
    Don't wanna go.

:,(
    Well it's good news that you getting job! - Congratulations on that.

Sure nothing stopping ya can always call round to us off and on :)

• Advertisement

Yeah the weather has taken a turn for the worse. All my beach days and bbqs and far behind. We went to the "Franciscan Well" last week, really enjoyed it! We were gonna go again today, but the weather wasn't exactly fab.

Yeah the weather has taken a turn for the worse. All my beach days and bbqs and far behind. We went to the "Franciscan Well" last week, really enjoyed it! We were gonna go again today, but the weather wasn't exactly fab.
    Yeah that's a nice spot alright, nice and quiet in there - can actually talk unlike most pubs!

The weather is supposed to be getting a little better as week goes on. You see the weather forcast, there is just this big cloud over cork/kerry - rest country were fine today.

Yeah that's a nice spot alright, nice and quiet in there - can actually talk unlike most pubs!

The weather is supposed to be getting a little better as week goes on. You see the weather forcast, there is just this big cloud over cork/kerry - rest country were fine today.

It was a different place for me to go too as well, but I liked it. One drink turned into about 5 of course lol. Ever since I got back from London last week the weather has been so-so. We're planning on camping one night next week so hopefully the good weather will be on our side.

It was a different place for me to go too as well, but I liked it. One drink turned into about 5 of course lol. Ever since I got back from London last week the weather has been so-so. We're planning on camping one night next week so hopefully the good weather will be on our side.
    No such thing as one drink - well I never see the point anyways! Might go there few times in summer now, gotta get out more - will have bit of money too.

As for money, starting my job tomorrow, little bit nervous now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Hey everyone!

I've been busy with my bands album for the last while. It's stressful but really good fun though and we're very happy with it. Just waiting on the designer to get back with the finalised artwork and then it's off to the printers. Then the gigging fun begins :D

I think it was asked a while back but we're a metal band and you can check us out here: http://myspace.com/enemylogic

I doubt it'll be to many peoples taste though :p

Ah what job? I really want too look for somewhere different :(

Dez - not my favourite genre, but good luck to ye!

Hey everyone!

I've been busy with my bands album for the last while. It's stressful but really good fun though and we're very happy with it. Just waiting on the designer to get back with the finalised artwork and then it's off to the printers. Then the gigging fun begins :D

I think it was asked a while back but we're a metal band and you can check us out here: http://myspace.com/enemylogic

I doubt it'll be to many peoples taste though :p

Very good! - Reminds me of a phase a few years back - wouldn't mind getting back into listening some this stuff!
    I love the artwork on the myspace site.

Have ye got a real website? - if ye looking for a web developer ;) :pac: ...
    Edit: Oops see ye have site already! Nice! :) - all flash though, I hate flash and so does google ;)
    Ah what job? I really want too look for somewhere different :(

It more an internship in CIT for summer, working on a project but getting paid haha - how bad sure.

Hows the shoes going? - one thing I'd hate about this is having to deal with customers, I hate them - always thinking they right... Who ever came up with that phrase - looking for constant bargains, bet the old ones the worst! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Very good! - Reminds me of a phase a few years back - wouldn't mind getting back into listening some this stuff!
    I love the artwork on the myspace site.

Have ye got a real website? - if ye looking for a web developer ;) :pac: ...

It more an internship in CIT for summer, working on a project but getting paid haha - how bad sure.

Hows the shoes going? - one thing I'd hate about this is having to deal with customers, I hate them - always thinking they right... Who ever came up with that phrase - looking for constant bargains, bet the old ones the worst! :D

Thanks very much. Ha we have a website alright: enemylogic.com

Our drummer just finished his degree in BIS so we're sorted for computer stuff. Thanks though :)

Gonna start watching The Wire for the second time later, absolutley amazing show! In fact all the HBO shows are quality!

Ah the customers can be fairly annoying, got the big "summer sale" coming up - woo flipping hoo. I'm just sick of it :( You get so many crazy people coming in nd they always want ME to serve them :( I'm the most patient with the foreigners though, I can never walk away from their chat lol.

Anyone heard of Michael McIntyre - bloody funny guy! Just popped his dvd in, very good!

• Advertisement

On the crazy lady chat - had one old woman in last Sunday night, 5:55pm, wanted a comfortable walking shoe, handed her over to one of the lads - she was NUTS!!! ended up saying she usually buys kids shoes...for herself! and proceeded to try on small boys shoes upstairs!! So, seeing as how I was in a rare fowl mood, told her in no uncetain terms that we were in fact closed and that my supervisor had a flight to catch and that we had closed all the tills, so she was wasting her time as she would not be able to purchase anything. Said nothing and stayed on for another 5 mins until I went back up to her!

Now as harsh as that sounds, I actually said in a very soft spoken voice *angel*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement