Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah know what you mean alright, when work gets repetitive, it gets boring :(

Yeah sure, no harm trying anyways :)

Funny, my dad got eaten alive with midgets (flying ones :) ) there, he came running door. They went in his pants/shirt etc. They bad around here :( - can't go outside

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Webmonkey wrote: »
    That's what you think! - Towel gave it to me!

Probably wrong number now? :p - it delivered successfully ne ways

The number you showed me is completely wrong :confused: I sent you the correct one....don't have a clue whose number it was that he gave you.
    AoifeN wrote: »
    Did you see the crash? I was on the bus but I can't actually remember there being an impact though. But when i was getting off the bus then I think i saw that the back of the car was damaged?

I was at the street performers thing and really enjoyed it too

No I did not see the actual impact but walked past when the police and ambulance were there. The car only had a minor dent in it but the bus had a lot of damage. The whole front of it was caved in and was ready to fall down. Not sure why the car was where it was?? It was facing the wrong way and there was no free parking space where the car was....so maybe the bus hit it at speed from the side and as a result the car got spun around? The bus was old so that would explain why it received so much damage.

Who did you see at the street performers? Mr. Toons was my favourite, the only original act there in my opinion.
    Vinta81 wrote: »
    What number bus? 10?

Evening everyone! Planning our trip right now! Fun times!

Don't know the bus number, Emma will know though, she was on it after all. How are you Vinta? How is the job hunting going?
    Birthdays not until Septemeber, but cant afford my tat otherwise, damn the addiction, swore Id stop at one, then two, but this will definately be the last lol....Im sure hell forget he paid by my birthday, so it will work out in my favour in the long run!

Was the street performers thing any good?! Was so annoyed I was working for it, but Im off for a week and a half so happy times!

Where is your current tattoo? If it is an unmentionable place then do just that...don't mention it ;) I have never got one and never will, the pain is not the issue it is the high chances of me not liking it after a few years time and having to fork out a load for the removal of it. What date in Sept is your birthday? We will have to celebrate it boardsie style :D;) :pac:

The street performers were excellent!! Great fun, I took a few pics, anyone wanna see?
    Hopre Tira isnt finding Dublin too daunting, sucks I missed her last hurrah!

That's it rub it in why don't you :(:(:( just kidding :)
    Funny, my dad got eaten alive with midgets (flying ones :) ) there, he came running door. They went in his pants/shirt etc. They bad around here :( - can't go outside

Damn I was about to joke about the type of midget but then re-read your post :(*insert dissapointed face*:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 AoifeN

kingtut wrote: »

Who did you see at the street performers? Mr. Toons was my favourite, the only original act there in my opinion.

I saw Magic Brian, Betty Brawn, USA Breakdancers, and Mike Wood, and caught the end of Asher Tea's act. Breakdancers were great and also though Mike Wood was very entertaining, though he didn't do much

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Ah I missed ya @ the street performers thingy Tut :(
    I enjoyed it, espically the breakdancers, they had some pretty amazing moves.
    Missed Mr Toon though - what was he like?
    I also seen Bendy Em, alakazam, Betty Brawn and Magic Brian

AoifeN wrote: »
    I saw Magic Brian, Betty Brawn, USA Breakdancers, and Mike Wood, and caught the end of Asher Tea's act. Breakdancers were great and also though Mike Wood was very entertaining, though he didn't do much

I saw Magic Brian, Betty Brawn, USA Breakdancers, Mr. Toons, Alakazam and also some oldish magician who board me to tears :(

Here are my thoughts on them:
    Magic Brian - Was ok, did nothing I had not seen before.
    Betty Brawn - Really good!! I was very impressed.
    USA Breakdancers - Saw them in Los Angeles, they were ok but didn't really offer anything new in my opinion
    Mr. Toons - Fire juggling and uni-cycling was ok but unoriginal. Getting into the balloon and doing things inside of it amazed me!! 100% brilliant. He got a vote from me, I hope he wins! Only person there to offer something new.
    Alakazam - first time I saw this type of act live however many people do what he does. Very impressed! Loved his toilet seat joke.
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Ah I missed ya @ the street performers thingy Tut :(
    I enjoyed it, espically the breakdancers, they had some pretty amazing moves.
    Missed Mr Toon though - what was he like?
    I also seen Bendy Em, alakazam, Betty Brawn and Magic Brian

Mr Toon was brilliant!! Best person there by far. I'll post a few pics if you want...

We should have had a boards trip seeing as many of us were at it. Miss shadow went to it also :)

• Advertisement

IMr. Toons - Fire juggling and uni-cycling was ok but unoriginal. Getting into the balloon and doing things inside of it amazed me!! 100% brilliant. He got a vote from me, I hope he wins! Only person there to offer something new.
    Alakazam - first time I saw this type of act live however many people do what he does. Very impressed! Loved his toilet seat joke.

Mr Toon was brilliant!! Best person there by far. I'll post a few pics if you want...

We should have had a boards trip seeing as many of us were at it.

Yeah stick up some pics.
    I have to say Bendy Em was pretty impressive also, but a bit full of herself.
    She got into a wee box that was 16" perspex box
    Looked like a sung fit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

*waves*
    That "show is coming to Dub next we and i wanna go too, thank you for advice, guys!
    How is there today? cloudy/rainy here but I've got a trial for the job on wed/thurs and I am glad ^_^
    Plus, mebbe, i am moving with my sis... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Where is your current tattoo? If it is an unmentionable place then do just that...don't mention it ;) I have never got one and never will, the pain is not the issue it is the high chances of me not liking it after a few years time and having to fork out a load for the removal of it. What date in Sept is your birthday? We will have to celebrate it boardsie style :D

Have a star on my ankle and 6 various sized stars on my back, and hopefully will have my foot piece done over the weeked, depends on price. I blame my mother for starting my interest, she made me get my first one, damn hippy mother. Pretty confident Ill never not like them, have purposely left about 3 years between each one to make sure I really want them and not just going in on a whim to get one done. Plus they can all be hidden if needs be, which is paramount for future job prospects after college.
    The street performers were excellent!! Great fun, I took a few pics, anyone wanna see?
    Post pics please! Had loads of kids coming into work after it telling everyone and anyone about it, I was very jealous!

That's it rub it in why don't you :(:(:( just kidding :)

Sorry:(! Im sure shell grace us with her presence sometime soon! Hope the weather isnt too bad up there, heading up on Wednesday for a mini break!

Hope everyones day is going well!

The number you showed me is completely wrong :confused: I sent you the correct one....don't have a clue whose number it was that he gave you.

God only knows what this randomer thinks from this text*:
    Hi Kingtut, Webmonkey here. You going tonight?

*It got delivered successfully

God only knows what this randomer thinks from this text

Yep - That'd be a strange one to recieve all right....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

well that means i've also been texting the wrong guy all along :(

was he replying?/.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

was he replying?/.....

yeah.. the fecker was

Just saw "No country for old men" again there. Great film.
    Saw Battle Royal last night, what a strange movie - anyone see it before? It very funny though even if all those students kill eachother off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Saw Battle Royal last night, what a strange movie - anyone see it before? It very funny though even if all those students kill eachother off

Love it, think I'll dig it out and watch it later, have the book of it too but never got into it, really need to start reading again!

Wow didn't realise it was rated so high (IMDB). It was a great movie infairness though.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

Just saw "No country for old men" again there. Great film.

No country old men was good, tho it had been blown out of proportion for me, felt it left some bits untied tho. Battle Royal was great, very original, was alot of fun to watch.

subedei wrote: »
    No country old men was good, tho it had been blown out of proportion for me, felt it left some bits untied tho. Battle Royal was great, very original, was alot of fun to watch.
    Having no music what so ever in No country for old men really made the movie though.
    I found it hilarious to see "Music By" in the credits at the end, prob just the music displaying the cast. Unless there was music somewhere but I can't remember any what so ever.

Odd, never noticed it myself, did a good job so to make me not notice, just atmospheric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

That's one of my favourite films ever. I even have the logo painted on my wall! Avoid the sequel at all costs though. If you haven't seen it, check out Old Boy. Absolutely amazing film.

• Advertisement

That's one of my favourite films ever. I even have the logo painted on my wall! Avoid the sequel at all costs though. If you haven't seen it, check out Old Boy. Absolutely amazing film.

Ya old boy was great too, tho wasnt happy with its ending. And Battle Royal 2 is one of the worst movies of all time! pity the first was so good, but not the sort of movie that a second one should be made of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

sup people's! i think summer has finally arrived.

did anyone see what happened on the bridge in between patrick st. and bridge st.? all i saw was a bucket load of blood and alot of cops :confused:

Nope not a clue!

On a side note work have finally blocked boards.ie so it looks like I'll be doing a lot more work now :(

so your doing this on your phone?
    they probably did it because of you yano

Nope not a clue!

On a side note work have finally blocked boards.ie so it looks like I'll be dogng a lot more work now :(
    That's why proxies are around :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

Teach me more!

Teach me more!
    Prob against work policy but that's up to you haha.

You could try this first however: pie.boards.ie or http://89.234.66.107/ hehehe

Teach me more!

You don't know about proxies? Where have you been for the last 10 or so years :confused::confused::confused: :eek::eek::eek:

I would not recommend using them in work.

• Advertisement

Prob against work policy but that's up to you haha.

You could try this first however: pie.boards.ie or http://89.234.66.107/ hehehe
    Yeah was using them before but looks like they copped on.
    I know about proxies but prob best not using them in work :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement