Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

go up went to work came home had my dinner got up again went to work came home had my dinner watched the last ep of er exciting stuff. annoyed at the sunny weather when im in work. next weekend though will be a good one i can feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Got up, town, walked about, went home, ate, comp, sleep, wake up, shower, comp, lunch, town, bus, beach party, home, sleep. Waking up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

WOOOOO! Passed all my exams! Drink on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Congrats! - Enjoy yourself. Mine won't be out till Friday now :(

well done thats class that takes me back :p:

• Advertisement

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Congrats! - Enjoy yourself. Mine won't be out till Friday now :(

It will fly! Then you can celebrate! the last 48 hours were hell because I found out on Saturday about the url that could bypass the system to get your exam results early but by the time I got to try it they had copped on and removed everything!
    So suprised I managed to get a 2.1 didnt do a tap this year, exams were straight after Christmas and I had a horrible experience on placement. Roll on third year....then the big bad world!

It will fly! Then you can celebrate! the last 48 hours were hell because I found out on Saturday about the url that could bypass the system to get your exam results early but by the time I got to try it they had copped on and removed everything!
    So suprised I managed to get a 2.1 didnt do a tap this year, exams were straight after Christmas and I had a horrible experience on placement. Roll on third year....then the big bad world!

enjoy the final year the big bad world isnt as nice

chuci wrote: »
    enjoy the final year the big bad world isnt as nice

Been there before, but at least this time I'll be doing a job that I love, pay wont be great but once Im surrounded by little munchkins I wont care!

you sound very like me and like you are doing the same course.

Think I read previously you're doing childrens nursing? Im doing Early Childhood Studies, it's not just nursery rhymes I'll have everyone know!

• Advertisement

Think I read previously you're doing childrens nursing? Im doing Early Childhood Studies, it's not just nursery rhymes I'll have everyone know!

in ucc ya?thats a good course but hard. have a friend who did the course.so your obv finding it easy enough with your 2.1 smarty pants :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

is it mostly girls doing that? how many lads in the class?

chuci wrote: »
    in ucc ya?thats a good course but hard. have a friend who did the course.so your obv finding it easy enough with your 2.1 smarty pants :)

Yep,UCC provides the glorious background to my education. Find the History aspect of the course tough, I dont really understand how Comenius' educational beliefs have an affect on how I deal/work with children, in my opinion you're either good with children or your not, its not something they can teach you! Pretty much love every other aspect of it so find the essays interesting and easy to do. Gonna have to kick it up a notch next year though, aiming for 1.1, have to start brushing up on my Irish skills as I start placement in a Naíonra in Sept.
    is it mostly girls doing that? how many lads in the class?

Out of 100 students we have 2 guys, had 3 but one dropped out shortly after getting locked at the 1st year Christmas party and stripping off in the newport....I'm sure the incident had nothing to do with him leaving the course lol.

Im surprisingly sober for someone who just got home and started drinking at 6!

Say it would be a great course for a guy to be in :)

The Weather is unreal outside and I'm stuck in an office here bored out of my mind. Well not bored, working away like but just no one to talk to...all you hear is typing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ninibutts

I love the sunshine and the beach :cool:
    went yesterday, got burned, isnt it strange how us irish love lookin like lobsters :o

ninibutts wrote: »
    I love the sunshine and the beach :cool:
    went yesterday, got burned, isnt it strange how us irish love lookin like lobsters :o
    I haven't got burned in a few summers now as simply not out under it :(

I'd say the weather is here to stay for the week. I've a BBQ saturday so it better stay nice until then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ninibutts

I'd say the weather is here to stay for the week. I've a BBQ saturday so it better stay nice until then

im surprised its even nice now, normally its just the week of leaving and junior certs exams and thats all we see of the sun till September :rolleyes:

ninibutts wrote: »
    im surprised its even nice now, normally its just the week of leaving and junior certs exams and thats all we see of the sun till September :rolleyes:
    Yeah it's very strange indeed to be getting these fine days. Won't complain though! - Even though I'm not a fan of the heat :( - better than rain all the same

Hows everyone tonight, this place gone very dead. Suppose the good weather is taking people off boards again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it's too damn hot.
    I'm not a fan of the heat. bring back the cold I say!

• Advertisement

bah i hate working when it nice and sunny outside.i feel like im missing out on loads where in fact im just missing out on getting sunburned. but still.............

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

deRanged wrote: »
    it's too damn hot.
    I'm not a fan of the heat. bring back the cold I say!

Amen brother

I have to agree, this good weather is torture to work in. I get headaches and everything.

I love a nice moderately mild dry day. These extreme temperatures for Ireland are bit much for me.

Hows everyone tonight, this place gone very dead. Suppose the good weather is taking people off boards again :(

Just thinking the same thing earlier! Where is everyone gone?! Then again having a part time job means I have waaaaay too much free time on my hands! Really need to get a hobby or start exercising more!

everyone is living people :D the headaches are something cruel alright. the ward is like a sauna.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭subedei

I have to agree, this good weather is torture to work in. I get headaches and everything.

I love a nice moderately mild dry day. These extreme temperatures for Ireland are bit much for me.

Ya everything but heat is fine for working, intruding on my consciousness, reminding me of something I forgot long ago.

PS A good cure for headaches is lots of water apparently, dehydration is what causes it sometimes

subedei wrote: »
    Ya everything but heat is fine for working, intruding on my consciousness, reminding me of something I forgot long ago.

PS A good cure for headaches is lots of water apparently, dehydration is what causes it sometimes

Funny thing is I'm drinking loads of water, bout 2 litres or 3 a day! They not that bad though, not as bad as the time I had a lumbar puncture done to me a few months back...my god the insane headaches after that were beyound - vomiting with the pain! lol

Just downloaded A clockwork orange. Head it meant to be screwed up. Wonder will I watch it now

Just downloaded A clockwork orange. Head it meant to be screwed up. Wonder will I watch it now
    Remember my mother rented me that with the Exorcist and American Pie about 9 years ago to watch while I was recovering from surgery, high on strong pain killers....not a good combo! But go for it!
    Downloading Alice in Wonderland there, saw some of the pics from Tim Burton's version and got all nostalgic, can't wait to see Burton's twist on it though, that man is a genius!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Hi all :)

I am just back from Cork after a few days away, it was my first time to visit there and I had a ball, what a fantastic place, can't wait to make a return visit, only problem was I got sunburnt and now I look like a walking lobster but in all seriousness, great place :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement