Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Vinta81 wrote: »
    *pops head in*
    Been enjoying the weather? - Haven't seen you around here in weeks!
    Must be time for Amsterdam soon now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Yeah I've been busy lol. Tis summer after all! Amsterdam in July methinks :) Although trying to get time off work is laughable, they just hired a bunch of new people so I'm now looking elsewhere!

Weather has been fabulous, I'm SO brown lol. Can't beleive some of my friends shy away from the sun :( so many beach and road trips have been had :) I haven't stopped wearing my denim cut offs tis fab!

How's work? and life and all that jazz mister?

Thats a bit annoying about Work alright, best luck finding new job.
    Nice when you go brown alright besides red :)

Works ok, I'm still waiting on this delivery of phones so quite bored these days... Once they come in I'll be able start work properly.

I'm lucky, I don't really burn! Was just gonna post a pic from my phone of my tan line but it came out kinda pervy lol.

I've applied a few places and one seems interested :) I'm sick of the shoes though and certain aspects, time for a change.

Ah yes, I remember that phone malarky! You've been waiting quite awhile, hope you've been taking advantage of the weather as well.

Vinta81 wrote:
    I'm lucky, I don't really burn! Was just gonna post a pic from my phone of my tan line but it came out kinda pervy lol.
    As in you'd get some perves looking? lol

Vinta81 wrote:
    I've applied a few places and one seems interested :) I'm sick of the shoes though and certain aspects, time for a change.
    Yeah must be hard looking at shoes all day, but then goes for any job I guess :)
    Vinta81 wrote:
    Ah yes, I remember that phone malarky! You've been waiting quite awhile, hope you've been taking advantage of the weather as well.

Well not really, but I have taken a few days off since waiting on them. Still get paid so its great. We had a BBQ Saturday so was out under for a bit then

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Hows all?
    I propose a night out next week Thursday or friday night.
    Go play pool/bowling, have a few beers and a laugh
    Who's up for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone will come now... things are extremely quiet. This place used be buzzing
    I know I remember months ago there were people begging to go out every week and I could never make any of them, the minute I move to the city theres zip happening!
    I propose a night out next week Thursday or friday night.</p>Go play pool/bowling, have a few beers and a laugh</p>
    Thinking we need a mad night out to get things going again! Next weeks pay week so bring it on!

Good stuff - What suits people better - Thurs or Friday
    Fri for me but Thursday is ok too...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I know the answers to 3,5 and 6 but it will cost you.

cost me what? my innocence and sexy looks?
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    2 - are you sure they are off?

Nope but I hear it is a common failure in the NCT....any easy way for me to check myself?
    The weather is a joke.can't it rain at a switch of a button,preferbly at night after 2a.m. Grr

Nope
    On the back of the previous post thinking a boards night needs to be organised....things have gone far too quiet here over the past few weeks!

After no-one expressed interest in the last thing I tried to organise I gave up organising...plenty of others here who can do it :)
    Dunno if anyone will come now... things are extremely quiet. This place used be buzzing

True true.
    *pops head in*

Hey hun how's things? How did ya get on the other night? Sounds like ya had a great time :)
    Weather has been fabulous, I'm SO brown lol.

pics plzzzzzzzzz

We are all friends here, sharing is caring ;)
    I know I remember months ago there were people begging to go out every week and I could never make any of them, the minute I move to the city theres zip happening!Thinking we need a mad night out to get things going again! Next weeks pay week so bring it on!

Ye I used to organise a lot of the outings over the last few months. People started losing interest and only 1 person expressed interest in my last idea (pool tournament) so I gave up. R.I.P. Cork Social Outings :mad:

How are you anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Congrats on the exams webmonk

• Advertisement

Thanks Illkillya.

I just after watching the Green Mile. Such a long but great show - had it all forgotten so great watching again.

Maybe starting a new thread on an event will get more attention, not too sure.

I'm off to Bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Cork is such a classy place that Cork people even doss in style.

3678364922_8afb2ea793.jpg

yes, those are wheelbarrows they're resting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

deRanged wrote: »
    Cork is such a classy place that Cork people even doss in style.

3678364922_2f60bc07e8.jpg

yes, those are wheelbarrows they're resting in.

Haha thats pretty funny.

Nice one deRanged , funny alright now. Fair play to them, finding themselves something to relax in :pac:

How is everybody today?

All good here, have to scrub the Apartment 2nite cause the landlord is coming to check it tmrw....
    Looking forward to the weekend been a feckin tough week in work :(

mik_da_man wrote: »
    All good here, have to scrub the Apartment 2nite cause the landlord is coming to check it tmrw....
    Looking forward to the weekend been a feckin tough week in work :(
    Oh thats annoying, it can't be that bad though :D

Tell me about it, I just want weekend come now just so can relax...
    I'm bit bored in work but that even takes energy out of you!

Ah it's not too bad at all, just general tidy up needed.
    Dont want to give them any reason to complain :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Trying to stay awake, was in work for 8.15 this morning and didnt finish until six, had to help with a window display, which turned out quite impossible without the electric drill and screw driver, I work with idiots, idiots who just have to poke around in the window display packages and attempt to put pieces together but do it wrong which leaves me trying to figure out for half an hour what goes where! ARGH!!! hate having to fill in for management for a whole day! Also sucks when I normally dont rise until after 2pm!! I get cranky :mad:

Sorry for not replying to your last meet up idea tut! Thought I did, but just looked there and realised that I didnt! Opps!

the weather is looking right gloomy here - overcast and foggy and all.
    still better than the heat though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ODP

First post whooo! :D
    And such an interesting one at that!
    Can i not post threads yet :eek:?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

ODP wrote: »
    First post whooo! :D
    And such an interesting one at that!
    Can i not post threads yet :eek:?!

Think you need 5 replys to start threads :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

**** weather == more people on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Just wait until Autumn sets in....

Can't wait...Boards isn't very entertaining lately :(

Evening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Can't wait...Boards isn't very entertaining lately :(

Yeah I know what ya mean. Congrats on the excellent results too!

Anyone have any holidays planned?
    I'm heading to London in November and possibly Glasgow in October too. I'll try and hit the US before the end of the year aswell if the funds allow. I'm planning my masters now too so have to check out some open days in the UK which should be awesome!

evening all.

when did Emmet place get its own taxi rank?

3681512713_836b5691d2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dido1

So that's Emmet Place, jesus I'm a disaster, been living in the city about 6yrs, dat's down by the opera house is it? don't know when it got the taxi rank, then again didn't even know the name of the bloody street :rolleyes:

Dido1 wrote: »
    dat's down by the opera house is it?

'tis indeed.

• Advertisement

Came home last night to find my external monitor has given up now. My laptop's backlight is already gone. I'm doomed. Can't afford anything currently :(

Hows everyone today, any plans weekend?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement