Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dido1

Know how you feel....:( ...Damn recession!

Thank crunchie it's friday. Long bloody week. Heading to Des Bishop in Marquee tonite. Will be interesting to see how Lenny from Redfm gets on.

Other than that, wkend will involve lots of vegging out..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Dido1 wrote: »
    Know how you feel....:( ...Damn recession!

Thank crunchie it's friday. Long bloody week. Heading to Des Bishop in Marquee tonite. Will be interesting to see how Lenny from Redfm gets on.

Other than that, wkend will involve lots of vegging out..
    How was des bishop?

How is everybody this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Was Des any good?!

Had an interview for a 2nd job today, looks like I got it, just have to get my Garda Clearance confirmed. Yay! Get to work with kiddies again, how I miss the fun I had on placement! Plus the extra cash is an added bonus.

On a downer I am feeling quite ill, have the beginnings of a migrane, havent had one for months and cant afford to get my perscription filled! Going to tear out the cupboards in a while see if I can find a stray tablet some where.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

*Patiently* awaiting my garda clearance too :-|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

ye're all going to be teachers?

• Advertisement

*Patiently* awaiting my garda clearance too :-|

How long ago did you apply for it?!
    I have Garda Clearance for my College course but they wont give me a copy for the job, even though they both involve working with children, saying that its only valid for the course not anything else etc., do they not realise that I have to make money and gain experience and am jumping at any chance I can to work with children?! Thankfully the women interviewing me today knows that my course requires it, showed her my handbook etc. so she asked for me to give her prove of my place within the course and she'll decide on that basis whether or not she'll take me on now or when I get the clearance confirmed.

My interview was last thursday,they have their own garda vetting so i filled it out there and then to speed things up.but i also have my own one from college,the college told us it was our property because it is confidential?! You should check that out, they might have a different policy which differs from course or college. Did they say how long it will take for a garda clearance? It's quite annoying when you want to work straight away!

Nothing was said about how long it would take to get it! God damn U.C.C being sticklers about giving it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

mang that vetting stuff these days is annoying. the worst is even places where you don't get paid are starting to require that **** now :( long live de good old days

Why would you want to work without bein paid?!thats crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Why would you want to work without bein paid?!thats crazy

because i cant find a real job and i'm bored stiff. actually more than stiff

Dankoozy wrote: »
    because i cant find a real job and i'm bored stiff. actually more than stiff

Aw i sowwy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

so how were peoples weekends?

Was ok, bit boring. Yours?

went to visit my grandparents in west cork my grandad isnt that well so i gave my gran a break.did you go out or anything?

chuci wrote: »
    went to visit my grandparents in west cork my grandad isnt that well

Sorry to hear that :( - Hope he gets better.
    did you go out or anything?

Nah, I've no money to do anything. I'm not getting paid as such in my work, its a grant keeping me going but it isn't that much :(
    How about you?

thanks he is much better now after my nursing expertise though :) they must be really skimping you on wages if your not able to manage a few pints.

thanks he is much better now after my nursing expertise though :) they must be really skimping you on wages if your not able to manage a few pints.
    Nah I would but I've a huge car loan (my fault) and I've insurance coming up in 2 months time so must sort that. I'll sort something out though - I do work on the side that is handy money just to get customers lol

ah ok what kind of a car do you drive that the loan is sky high?

http://www.donaloconnor.net/mymg/front.jpg

This, it was 9500 but loan costing me 12000. I've another 7000 to pay. Thing is though, its not just that, its damn insurance, 1100! then tax, 330, then petrol, thankfully just 50 a week now since close CIT and my tyres are starting to wear down low and they 110 each :(

Still though I love it :) I not big drinker so it not so bad :pac:

• Advertisement

Sweet ride :P

Thanks haha. It bit more dirty now :pac:

Webmonkey wrote: »

pretty sweet ride you got there dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭DarkSeraphim

Definitely a nice car!!

I must say i love cars in black, my favourite colour is that charcole grey but black looks so hot when it is waxed and shiney :)

Ya black is the best and white. I hate hate yellow cars, they arn't even real cars. Red sucks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Brilliant weekend :)

Nice, what did you get up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Dido1

Des Bishop was v good. Missed Lenny from Redfm, was at the bar, beat the crowd rushing out at break tho so was worth it. Apparently he did very well for his debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Nice, what did you get up to?

Worked and it was actually fun! Shopped with the girls Sat and had a few people over to mine for drinks and chat then headed into town (club was pants though) - end of night was downer but my house was wicked! Sunday, worked all my girls were on and after I went out for dinner with my friend, 3 course meal and it was lovely to just sit and chat for a few hours in the restaurant lol. Sooo nice and chill! Came home last night to a veryy relaxing night and watched some eps of the Shield S1 in the bath with a few "Lush" products veryyyyyyyy nice lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement