Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

towel401 wrote: »
    its noice loike. kinda windy
    Same here actually. Good weather for drying clothes.. Just put them out there

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

Same here actually. Good weather for drying clothes.. Just put them out there"
    Ha ha. I find that funny! :D:D

IMC042 wrote: »
    Ha ha. I find that funny! :D:D
    Well I was right, they dried in no time until I came out and found bird **** on a t-shirt, had to go in and wash it again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

is it not bucketing down in town?
    it's lashing out here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

deRanged wrote: »
    it's lashing out here.

unlucky ..

• Advertisement

it's lashing out here.
    Just arrived in Cork now, it's dry here. Bit wet on the way up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Ground is way too wet though, just slipped putting out the bins and smacked my toe.....owie! Curse the people in my block for putting too much rubbish in the bins!

Ground is way too wet though, just slipped putting out the bins and smacked my toe.....owie! Curse the people in my block for putting too much rubbish in the bins!
    Ground here was dry lastnight, strange one.

Ye see the thread of tunderstorms arriving? - It's getting bit breezy now, hope it starts cause I love it for some reason.

nooooooo!
    no rain tonight - want to see the shuttle launch if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Webmonkey wrote: »

Ye see the thread of tunderstorms arriving? - It's getting bit breezy now, hope it starts cause I love it for some reason.

I love thunderstorms too :pac: it looks unreal (fork) and u can feel it in the air! Ball lightning -> not fun :<

• Advertisement

Maybe it was excreetment from one of the drunken idiots outside my block?

Hey we happen to be model membersh of shociety outshide your block.....hic!

nooooooo!
    no rain tonight - want to see the shuttle launch if possible.

Oh I'd like that too. Just reading up there, apparently, it just not meant to leave, 5 times tried already?
    magicianz wrote: »
    I love thunderstorms too :pac: it looks unreal (fork) and u can feel it in the air! Ball lightning -> not fun :<
    Yeah it's nice now alright
    Maybe it was excreetment from one of the drunken idiots outside my block?
    Perhaps :pac: - house mates came in very late lastnight drunk. Hardly slept :(

Oh I'd like that too. Just reading up there, apparently, it just not meant to leave, 5 times tried already?
    yeah, they've had a bad run of it. they need very good weather conditions, hopefully it'll go tonight. if we've a clear night it should be very easy to see.
    and if it doesn't go I hope they cancel sooner than last night!

Wikipedia gets updated very quickly - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-127 - They also setting records

45 minute hold before countdown resumes at t-9.
    hope they launch this time! (I bet they do too)

what direction should i watch for launch?

you should see it moving from the south west to the south east, about 6 minutes after launch.

it's cloudy as heck in East Cork though.
    they're currently saying it's a no-go for launch due to weather over Kennedy.

and the launch is scrubbed due to bad weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

and the launch is scrubbed due to bad weather.

gosh darnit..

• Advertisement

Oh what an exciting few minutes I just had....chased a gang of lads up Barrack Street for stealing my wheelie bin....probably shouldnt have done it but I saved my bin so yay me! On the plus side they were all apologetic for taking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Oh what an exciting few minutes I just had....chased a gang of lads up Barrack Street for stealing my wheelie bin....probably shouldnt have done it but I saved my bin so yay me! On the plus side they were all apologetic for taking it!

I'm not going to ask why you were on wheelie bin watch at 3.56am....
    The answer might scare me and stop me from meeting you in the future :eek::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

how was friday night then?

I heard only about three showed up

thats only because we weren't able to make it you see :P

chuci wrote: »
    thats only because we weren't able to make it you see :P
    That was my explanation too :pac:

ha ya well it's obvious isn't it?

Indeed! How was your weekend?

work filled in the last8 days iv only had two days off and all my shifts are from7.30 until 8.15 in the evening so didn't leave too much room for fun.but I'm having a duvet day with dvd's and biscuits.how was your birthday?

• Advertisement

chuci wrote: »
    work filled in the last8 days iv only had two days off and all my shifts are from7.30 until 8.15 in the evening so didn't leave too much room for fun.but I'm having a duvet day with dvd's and biscuits.how was your birthday?
    Wow those were long days. Yeah you deserve a day of TV and biscuits after that now.
    I didn't do anything on the actual day but Saturday night went for a few drinks with friends in Rathmore/Millstreet. I never go out in Rathmore and when we came into a pub everyone and I mean everyone (only 20 but still) turned around and gave us some stare down. I had to turn around while I was laughing at it. Incredible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement