Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

were the stare downs from young or old people?very good though hope you had a good night.was is drink filled?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Well people 30+ so guess old alright. It was good alright, I didn't spend too much, couldn't anyways but still got drunk enough :) - so yes it was drink filled :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

kingtut wrote: »
    I'm not going to ask why you were on wheelie bin watch at 3.56am....
    The answer might scare me and stop me from meeting you in the future :eek::(

The bins are put out just down from my window for collection....heard the lads taking the bin, so jumped up got dressed into my superhero bin saving gear and saved the day!

Not strange at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

i really dont get why people like to steal wheelie bins, what is the purpose of this night time activity?? or setting them on fire, strange and disrupted childhoods all round for these lads i think.

i really dont get why people like to steal wheelie bins, what is the purpose of this night time activity?? or setting them on fire, strange and disrupted childhoods all round for these lads i think.
    I'd say drink has a lot to do with it too. People seem to find the most un interesting objects interesting when they drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah when I was in college I regularlly woke up with a traffic cone / road sign / bale of news papers / other random stuff in the bed beside me :D

Think they wanted to take it for a spin.....shameful heads on them when I got it back, felt like someones mother shouting at them, especially since they were a bit older than me! Dreading when the college students come back! (yes yes I know Im a student too, but I have a bit of cop on!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

bumpety bump bump.

Hows kingtut

How's everyone's weekend going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

quietly!
    going to Harry Potter in a bit though. that should be fun.

Good good. Did you see the shuttle the last night?

I did.
    I decided at the last minute to try to get some video of it going over head.
    I set up my teeny camera on a tripod pointing in entirely the wrong direction and ended up with some ultra shaky shakycam action. but I saw the shuttle.

That looks pretty cool alright.

How is everyones weekend going?! Very boring for me, have worked, slept and ate....the most exciting thing thats happened is that I got new lenses in my glasses, no more scratches! Yay! But spent my drinking money one them....boo!

How is everyones weekend going?! Very boring for me, have worked, slept and ate....the most exciting thing thats happened is that I got new lenses in my glasses, no more scratches! Yay! But spent my drinking money one them....boo!
    I had a very eventful night lastnight. Friends came up for a friend's birthday so I stayed around cause stayed mine. Went out just for a few...but birthday boy drank way too much to point he became the hulk.
    I'm snipping away rest, but I nearly ended up getthing thrown over wall into river, a friend got bit on arm, met a few guards, ambulance etc. (He passed out - thought he might get alcohol poisining)

Now we all have bruises, cuts etc. Ah well

We left the Quad at 1.45, didn't get home until 5am. I'm only up in college road like!

Webmonkey wrote: »
    I had a very eventful night lastnight. Friends came up for a friend's birthday so I stayed around cause stayed mine. Went out just for a few...but birthday boy drank way too much to point he became the hulk.
    I'm snipping away rest, but I nearly ended up getthing thrown over wall into river, a friend got bit on arm, met a few guards, ambulance etc. (He passed out - thought he might get alcohol poisining)

Now we all have bruises, cuts etc. Ah well

We left the Quad at 1.45, didn't get home until 5am. I'm only up in college road like!

Wow....ok you win the award for most eventful weekend.....any chance ye were the ones screaming and roaring on Barrack Street last night....some hooligans were about! Disrupting my sleep!

Note to the general public of Cork, I do not need to hear your drunken ramblings about how you got your hole from x, y and z outside my window while you vomit/eat your take away outside my bedroom window.

Sorry for the ranting! Last night was the worst night outside my apartment since I moved in and Im cranky!

Uh oh that could have been us! Duh sorry! The Guards were with us too for good bit, paddy wagon. It was a disgrace

About 7 of us. It is not like us, but one of our friends got into a huge state and then mini arguments broke out between everyone. Some people came out to us. We were quite load. Sincere apologies!

And yes we were outside the Zam Zam chipper area for about 1 hour half. You near that area

Aww Zam Zams my faithful neighbour, I wish to thank that fine establishment for providing me with the many hours of drunken wisdom/bullsh*t I hear through out the nights. Lol. Ill leave you off this time! But be warned, Ill come after ye with my mop next time.

Haha gas. Thanks. We couldn't move him so had no choice but to stay there :p

• Advertisement

much debauchery

good lord. but, as you didn't wake me up - nice one :)

Harry Potter is good. too long and too complicated for the little'uns (and me truth be told).

Yeah we woke quite a few up I'd say but it really did seem like we had murdered someone and were panicing, at least that was what it looked to passers by. One guy actually checked for a pulse as if he didn't trust us.

You a big HP fan then? - Never got into it myself. I can't stand reading books :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Hewlett Packard?

I can't stand reading books :)
    um - you may find your choice of career for the next few years a bit of a shock!

I am a big fan of the Harry Potter stuff. I even queued for the midnight book launches!

I like Hewlett Packard servers too. very expensive, but excellent if you have the cash.

deRanged wrote: »
    um - you may find your choice of career for the next few years a bit of a shock!

I am a big fan of the Harry Potter stuff. I even queued for the midnight book launches!

I like Hewlett Packard servers too. very expensive, but excellent if you have the cash.
    Oh no don't get me wrong. I love technical books, but can't read fiction unfort! :)

Yep HP servers are good alright!

I love technical books, but can't read fiction unfort! :)

ah ok - you're still in for a shock!

deRanged wrote: »
    ah ok - you're still in for a shock!
    Yep, going to be tough no doubt! - We'll see how it goes anyways! How you getting on yourself

reading wise? not bad. could do with writing more though. or at all these days.
    we're just after moving into our swanky new office in the new IT building in UCC though, so there's a much better work vibe these days.

Nice one, new building always improves moral anyways. :)

• Advertisement

it's fantastic. I've spent the last few years working in a windowless office. it's amazing the difference a proper office makes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement