Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit chat / Randomness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Evening! Just finished rhythm heaven for the ds, well proud of myself......twas very exciting all together!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I don't know what to do, I'm perfectly happy in my current job but I keep getting offered other jobs. Don't know what to do :( especially when some of them mean leaving Cork *sniff sniff*

Well if you are happy with your current and don't want to leave Cork then maybe better off staying. Be happy you getting offers! But I know it can put you in a very confused state and make you wish you weren't getting these offers.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Well if you are happy with your current and don't want to leave Cork then maybe better off staying. Be happy you getting offers! But I know it can put you in a very confused state and make you wish you weren't getting these offers.

but I have not applied any of the positions :( they keep head hunting me :(

• Advertisement

Lucky you then!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

kingtut wrote: »
    I don't know what to do, I'm perfectly happy in my current job but I keep getting offered other jobs. Don't know what to do :( especially when some of them mean leaving Cork *sniff sniff*

Better the devil you know and all that......

Unless they are paying double :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Aw webby is right.maybe it will be a good experience going for a new job!if its an offer you can't refuse then i'm sure you will know it! X

My mobile phone has finally died....The charger will not plug into the phone and the battery is dead....I need to get a new phone at the weekend. I don't even have an old phone lying around (thought I had) to put my sim card into so no mobile for a few days!!! AHHHH

Can anyone recommend a decent, inexpensive phone? Thanks.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Better the devil you know and all that......

Unless they are paying double :P

it's not double it's triple but I don't want to leave Cork....far too many people will miss me....my boardsie friends will won't they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Can anyone recommend a decent, inexpensive phone? Thanks.

I've heard good things about the iphone, and I'm sure you could pick up one of the older gen ones for a handy price.

deRanged wrote: »
    I've heard good things about the iphone, and I'm sure you could pick up one of the older gen ones for a handy price.

Do you know what price range they are?

towel401 would kill me if I got one....and possibly smash it to bits at the first opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Do you know what price range they are?

towel401 would kill me if I got one....and possibly smash it to bits at the first opportunity.

i should actually have one to sell in a couple of days (because it's a piece of crap, like i always knew it was). hasn't arrived yet but its a 2g in decent enough condition, unlocked. will get rid of it for 200e

in other, news the e63 is a great little phone, also 200e unlocked.
    the person buying my E51 hasn't paid up yet and possibly never will if you want you can have that for 100 if he doesn't pay

Ya must be mad! TRIPLE where is this job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

great to have choices, an no phones to ring the friends on ahh well.

Got trashed on quake live :(

you mean pwned?

It could be to do with the way my mouse is on the sofa arm rest. It not very ergonomical

It could be to do with the way my mouse is on the sofa arm rest. It not very ergonomical

its always good if you can blame the tools. I can't shoot so I say the barrel is bent

Its more the environment really plus I'm after a bit of drink too. I really did get pawned and so did my house mate.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

it's not double it's triple

Triple?
    Take the job = NOW
    Unless you have a load of cash and are happy here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

la la la la la.....so whos confirmed for Friday night? Just wanna make sure its happening as Ill probably get a text from work tomorrow at some stage being asked to work, so need to know whether I should turn the shift down or go make some money?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

By whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

it's not double it's triple but I don't want to leave Cork....far too many people will miss me....my boardsie friends will won't they?

If you can triple your salary then take the job, unless it's in Saudi Arabia or on an oilrig or something. It might be worth taking €10k off your salary for the sake of living in Cork but no more than that. There's not a lot going on here in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭N1one

So how do they get the Cork into the wine bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Boards beers in Clonmel anyone?? :D

..Sure

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

I was headhunted aswell. And now i've been in Ireland for over a year and a half and i'm not regretting anything. Came here knowing noone (or anything about Ireland really) but i love it here. Sweden is cold in the winter. ;)

I'd say go for it. Atleast as an experience.

Kingtut, if it's triple it's a no brainer. Go for it - I doubt you will regret the decision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Arghh trying to decide whether to do 1 year or 6months work placement for college :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement