Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Your body probably heard the voice in your head say 'must stop drinking and save money' so it gave you the flu so you can drink hot whiskeys all day long..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Webmonkey wrote: »
    dieing with the flu :( Where did this come out of I dunno

Possibly from me....Had it since Friday morning....watch out Miss Shadow, youre next! Damn me being generous with my "pepsi" the other night!

I had the flu jab so sod off!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Ohai, I is on the run at the moment but just wanted to let u know that if u wanna annoy me cause I deserve it or have spare time u really dunno how to employ u can go here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055808375
    I think for another day or two.

Salutations ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

evening all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Evening! - How was the day

Evening! - How was the day
    miserable... how was work??

nursemar88 wrote: »
    miserable... how was work??
    I couldn't go in, work up with flu :( - I'm recovering now so thanks to Lemsip :p - Hopefully I can get in tomorrow. Feel really bad staying in bed all day!

I couldn't go in, work up with flu :( - I'm recovering now so thanks to Lemsip :p - Hopefully I can get in tomorrow. Feel really bad staying in bed all day!
    eugh sounds like a nasty day... that feeling after being in bed all day..it just leaves you with a really groggy head!! hope you are feeling better (a bit) now..

Thanks I am :) - had the weirdest night too last night, time just seemed to go so slow. Kept waking up every 30 minutes thinking it morning.

• Advertisement

Thanks I am :) - had the weirdest night too last night, time just seemed to go so slow. Kept waking up every 30 minutes thinking it morning.
    i think evryone gets like that when they have the flu..its horrible tho!! poor webby! :(

thanks, I'm all better now again I think :D - Glad it feels like just a 24 hour one, though usually they last days!

So any plans for the rest of the night?

thanks, I'm all better now again I think :D - Glad it feels like just a 24 hour one, though usually they last days!

So any plans for the rest of the night?
    no plans except my bed... a LONG 12 hour shift today and i've 3 more ahead of me.. working til friday! :(

no plans except my bed... a LONG 12 hour shift today and i've 3 more ahead of me.. working til friday! :(
    Oh thats long. Ye have long hours alright :( - Can't wait until the weekend so

Oh thats long. Ye have long hours alright :( - Can't wait until the weekend so
    ya im going home to Tipp this weekend...yay!!!:)

ya im going home to Tipp this weekend...yay!!!:)
    Something to look forward to so :) - Do you go back home often?

on the way back from kiskeam, dropped the small one off at the parents so i can do my 12hr shift! Hope i make it back for eastenders lol. Drove my bicycle around the city,upto farranree and back!was a bit scared to drive into car lanes, i must've looked a bit lost but i thought 'to hell with it,if i get knocked down..i get knocked down'.

Something to look forward to so :) - Do you go back home often?
    once or twice a month.. would like to go more but with work, you know?

Where's Ms Dice and Ms Cat these days ?
    (not that I'm getting bored of the rest of ye or anything :P)

meeting one another?!

• Advertisement

meeting one another?!

There's a thought :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

No college tomorrow....a good lie in is in order. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Morning all, Happy Tuesday! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Hmmmm, I'm hungry. What do I want for lunch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

oeb wrote: »
    Hmmmm, I'm hungry. What do I want for lunch?

A large green salad with grilled chicken :)

Fish and chips for me....so much for starting to eat healthier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I'll be having pasta for lunch, some fruit mid-afternoon before my speed session at the track tonight. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Only just after waking up now......... :D Suppose ill go down for my breakfast.

Only just after waking up now......... :D Suppose ill go down for my breakfast.
    haha rubbing in for us here working :p - I got up 6pm last night :p

• Advertisement

hello........anybody out there?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Nope. Nobody. Just the echo off the walls on this empty thread. :(

hey..how are you this evening??

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Nope. Nobody. Just the echo off the walls on this empty thread. :(
    thats not true... I'm here.. and i'm great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

thats not true... I'm here.. and i'm great! :)

Ah, but I didn't know at the time! And neither did the echoes!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Place is dead tonight.....looking for distractions, should really put the head down and get my work done.

I've turned healthy but I'm finding it hard to eat. Half packet of pasta, 5 slices of sodabread with fish on top....I'm getting there.

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Ah, but I didn't know at the time! And neither did the echoes!
    :D:D

Place is dead tonight.....looking for distractions, should really put the head down and get my work done.
    have you much to do? finish the post grad assignment thingy??

I've turned healthy but I'm finding it hard to eat. Half packet of pasta, 5 slices of sodabread with fish on top....I'm getting there.

try and stay away from anything cream coloured is what they say!!
    what fish?did you cook it all by yourself?:):):)

• Advertisement

try and stay away from anything cream coloured is what they say!!
    what fish?did you cook it all by yourself?:):):)
    Yep and I caught it in the lee too :p - nah, me cook :eek: - the best I'd do is pasta, too lazy with rest. I got mackerel canned stuff from tescos. It's grand :D

have you much to do? finish the post grad assignment thingy??

Still going with it, Im such a perfectionist. Got in a tizzy earlier and started my piece all over!

Yep and I caught it in the lee too :p - nah, me cook :eek: - the best I'd do is pasta, too lazy with rest. I got mackerel canned stuff from tescos. It's grand :D

just pasta and mackerel or with a sauce..
    ah well it sounds like progress so well done :D:D:D

just pasta and mackerel or with a sauce..
    ah well it sounds like progress so well done :D:D:D
    Its messy. The mackeral came in tomato sauce. I put salad cream on my soda bread. The tomato sauce and that didn't mix too well together :( - and then pasta sauce in the pasta :p

Still going with it, Im such a perfectionist. Got in a tizzy earlier and started my piece all over!
    oh god i hate when that happens :(... have you being at it long?? you may just need a break...when i was studying i was a firm believer in taking breaks cos no one can keep their concentration for more than like 4 hours! also i used never study past 9 o clock! no matter how important something was coz your brain just shuts off!

oh god i hate when that happens :(... have you being at it long?? you may just need a break...when i was studying i was a firm believer in taking breaks cos no one can keep their concentration for more than like 4 hours! also i used never study past 9 o clock! no matter how important something was coz your brain just shuts off!
    Very true ^^

Very true ^^
    I am very wise! :D

Been at it 4 weeks at this stage! lol. my problem is im the biggest procrastinator ever, so I do a little bit, potter around, watch telly, feel guilty, then go back to it, its a vicious cycle.

Been at it 4 weeks at this stage! lol. my problem is im the biggest procrastinator ever, so I do a little bit, potter around, watch telly, feel guilty, then go back to it, its a vicious cycle.
    I have a friend who's saying in college became 'ANYTHING but study!!' This guy basically decided one night that he had loads to do so he was gonna go to bed early and get up at like 2 or 3 in the morning to study.. his housemates decided to see whether or not it would actually work so they set their alarm for like 3 o clock as well. So they got up and went downstairs to check up on him and he was in the process of cleaning his bathroom!!! Now THAT is proscrastinating!! :)

I have a friend who's saying in college became 'ANYTHING but study!!' This guy basically decided one night that he had loads to do so he was gonna go to bed early and get up at like 2 or 3 in the morning to study.. his housemates decided to see whether or not it would actually work so they set their alarm for like 3 o clock as well. So they got up and went downstairs to check up on him and he was in the process of cleaning his bathroom!!! Now THAT is proscrastinating!! :)

Sounds exactly like me...about 2 years ago himself came home from work to find me standing in a vest top and knickers in the middle of our living room with no furniture in it. I had taken everything out of the room, washed the floors, the windows, all the pvc on the windows, taken all the parts out of the couches hoovered them washed parts of them etc.. Was pretty proud of myself until it he noted that I had opened the blinds to wash the windows....finally the penny dropped, Id been standing on the windowsils in my underware for the whole apartment block to see, thats what I get for avoiding study!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement