Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

nursemar88 wrote: »
    i think my body is aching all over...finished my third 12 hour shift in a row and i've another one tommorrow... :( spent the last two days in A&E being overworked and underappreciated...i didnt get a break from 1 til i finished at 8. if they send me there again tommorrow... i'll openly weep!!! :(

As a nurse, you're NEVER under-appreciated! You do sterling work and should be proud of yourself.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Hey when I was in A&E and hospital last year I appreciated ye! - Such lovely people even when times are stressful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

At least you weren't sent to the kids ward again.....or
    is a&e worse???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

I mean under-appreciated by the staff sometimes coz i'm agency.. no the patients are usually very understanding to us being crazy busy. and i'm not sure which is worse Socks... It's a toss up!!! anyway hi ho hi ho, its off to work i go!!! have a good morning all!

RoverJames wrote: »
    Avatar in the Eye Cinema in Galway, last time I was in the cinema was years back, was living in Dublin at the time, think 'twas Starsky and Hutch I saw. Not a big cinema head at all. I like Maltesers though :)

I dropped my bag of Maltesers at the start of the film, before I even had one :rolleyes: Avatar was ok, not great by any means but ok.

I love Maltesers but I can't eat them because I'm on a health drive at the moment, that should last for years... :(

You should have some, they're the lighter way to enjoy chocolate :D

Uh I hate when I make the effort to come to college and a leturer finishes class an hour early. Sitting in the library all dressed for work, not worth my while going home, would have to leave nearly straight away again! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

Ga ga oooh la laaaa..

shakencat wrote: »
    Ga ga oooh la laaaa..

Hello :)
    Was wondering where you had gotten to
    Where's Ms Dice and Ms Cat these days ?

• Advertisement

Hello :)
    Was wondering where you had gotten to

haha!
    Im here..
    Ah im just trainin alot lately..
    so couch time is more important than gettin the laptop out!

Im in work at the min so bit handier to get to!!

how are you?

Me happy enough, heading back to Cork in a couple of hours :D

Me happy enough, heading back to Cork in a couple of hours :D

ooooh :)
    i see your happy =]

im off at half three.. straight to the gym then home to clean my room before i get thrown outa ''da gaf!'':p

unless my friends ring and say we're headin out of course!:)

......... straight to the gym after the gym eh :) Hope that went well.

I reckon winter is over folks, defo a bit of Spring in the air as I came back to our beloved Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Today sucked, SUCKED! :mad:

kingtut wrote: »
    Today sucked, SUCKED! :mad:

Why did it suck?

That was pretty much same for me every day this week. One of the most depressing weeks I've had....was tempted to quit everything and get out of this depressing country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Why did it suck?

That was pretty much same for me every day this week. One of the most depressing weeks I've had....was tempted to quit everything and get out of this depressing country!

if your username is related in any way to your job, then I know how you feel, has to be one of the worst weeks ive ever had. I.T. sucks :(

corkcomp wrote: »
    if your username is related in any way to your job, then I know how you feel, has to be one of the worst weeks ive ever had. I.T. sucks :(
    I done that stuff freelance alright but got pretty sick of that too!

IT sucks indeed! Most stressful damn jobs ever.

Why did it suck?

Started at 8.30 and left at 7.45 :(
    Nothing went right and all my deadlines came at once :( so annoyed right now grrrr

Sorry to hear about your bad week!!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about yours too. Them days just happen.

I'm very stressed these weeks too which isn't helping. I'm sent to Germany tomorrow week now for 7 days to a non english part to meetings that I will have to answer many questions! Everything has to be completed by theses. I'm tryin to do 6 months work now in these few weeks but finding it hard to get motivated. Having too many responsibilities sucks. 2 more of them coming as well in March. Sounds great this travelling business but it soon becomes a serious hassle and stress after the first or second time

Sorry for my little rant :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I had a brilliant week. which turned to total suckage if that helps? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Seems like everybody had a bad week? I managed to embarrass myself in the canteen at work the other day.

I'd just got my tray of food & was going up to pay. When I slipped on some onion that had been dropped on the floor. Fell on my butt, throwing chicken curry all over the place in the process. :o

deRanged wrote: »
    I had a brilliant week. which turned to total suckage if that helps? :)
    mudokon wrote: »
    Seems like everybody had a bad week? I managed to embarrass myself in the canteen at work the other day.

I'd just got my tray of food & was going up to pay. When I slipped on some onion that had been dropped on the floor. Fell on my butt, throwing chicken curry all over the place in the process. :o

Looks like we all having a bad week :p - lets hope next week be better.

I've changed my diet anyways, think it was screwing me up big time. No more coffee either! - even though I just got a chinese take away there, but it's the weekend :p - It's disgusting unfort!

Looks like we all having a bad week :p - lets hope next week be better.

I only have to get to Wednesday evening without anything bad happening. then I can stay in bed until the following Thursday so nothing can go wrong after that. :pac:
    . I'm tryin to do 6 months work now in these few weeks but finding it hard to get motivated.
    I've changed my diet anyways, think it was screwing me up big time. No more coffee either!

Coincidence? :P

haha maybe :pac:

So hows the night going. I'm having an awful time with my laptop trying to type. The G key keeps popping out

• Advertisement

I had a great week, it just ended too soon is my problem. that and being in the wrong city right now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I have two stock-takes this weekend :(. Have to do one for the floor of the store and the stockroom. Also have 4 lab reports and an anatomy assignment to be done for Monday. This sure does seem to be a horrible week in Cork city :P

ha ha, you'll have to try to have a conversation without the letter g then.

Just a quiet night in, nothing exciting. going to watch Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

If it's any consolation, I had a great week!

Any of you chaps and chappettes going to the warpcon beers?

Possibly and possibly some of my friends. Few my friends involved in the organizing of it.

• Advertisement

it's tomorrow night right?
    I won't be - I've something else on.

I thought it was sunday night, must check the thread again.

Ok yes we are in saturday. Damn weekend is flying

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just went for a good spin on my new bike - I need a new saddle (Or padded shorts...)
    Got myself a nokia N900 the other day too - pretty nifty device :)
    It's been a good week for me, just settled back into work also.

First and last time in cubins......shudder......don't think I'll ever get over it.

oh no why, what happened? - I never liked that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

First and last time in cubins......shudder......don't think I'll ever get over it.

totally agree with you.it's unexplainable what kind of trauma you experienced whilst in there. i hope your ok love. :(:cool:;)

Lol, think I was being a bit dramatic after my drink.....Its such a hole (I know theres undesirables in every club but I felt so unsafe in there!!) How can people go there? Walked in and saw some 16 yr old practically riding some "feen" on the dancefloor, went to get a drink and two guys next to me start throwing punches and not a bouncer in sight! Eventually found one and he looked at me as if I had two heads when I told him what was happening!

Felt so sorry for my manager, shes in her early 30's so she had a worse time of it! Should have just gone to havanas, but one of the girls refused to let the bouncer look in her bag so he wouldnt let her in! GRRRRR!

Lol, think I was being a bit dramatic after my drink.....Its such a hole (I know theres undesirables in every club but I felt so unsafe in there!!) How can people go there? Walked in and saw some 16 yr old practically riding some "feen" on the dancefloor, went to get a drink and two guys next to me start throwing punches and not a bouncer in sight! Eventually found one and he looked at me as if I had two heads when I told him what was happening!

Felt so sorry for my manager, shes in her early 30's so she had a worse time of it! Should have just gone to havanas, but one of the girls refused to let the bouncer look in her bag so he wouldnt let her in! GRRRRR!

I'm getting all nostalgic now, such fond memories of when I used to work there. :pac:

but one of the girls refused to let the bouncer look in her bag so he wouldnt let her in! GRRRRR!

Quite right too - bouncers have no legal right at all to look in anyone's bag.

colblimp wrote: »

I know that, the rest of the girls oblidged, but she had a naggin in her bag so wouldnt open it. Even though they were like if you have drink just hand it over and you can go in.

• Advertisement

colblimp wrote: »

They do ask if they can search your bag..they don't just force themselves on you but its just the simple fact that if you say no then they have the right to say no and turn you away.

Cubins, a haven for teenagers eugh!
    Steer clear next time save_our_socks, I was in there about a year ago and the plus was full of kids, I was so uncomfortable I left after 30 mins! *shudder* :o

I know! I didnt want to go there, but staff night out, couldnt go to havanas when one of the girls didnt get it. Shall never be venturing into that establishment again!

On another note I finally finished my art piece for my postgrad presentation (YAY!). Hands are killing me, wax crayons are not my friend! Damn you Neil Buchanan and your Art Attacks!

They do ask if they can search your bag..they don't just force themselves on you but its just the simple fact that if you say no then they have the right to say no and turn you away.

TBH, I'd prefer to be turned away - all nightclubs are cattle markets, just awful places.

Chuckle chuckle, I was there Friday night, it wasn't bad, very good music but some very unsavoury types, most of the patrons were normal though :) The unsavoury types tend to catch the eye though and it seems the place is full of them. Perhaps on a Saturday night it is worse, I was in there one Saturday before Christmas as a girl in our group objected to the handbag search on the way into HBs too. Cubins was absolutely packed and there did seem to be quite a few unsavouries there. One normal looking respectable type chap was annoying the ****e out of though, a rugger bugger from Waterfall. The unsavouries never bothered us, is that irony (in Alanis' eyes it probably is)

:)

shakencat wrote: »
    :)

:p

:p

go to the gym for me!

• Advertisement

Haven't been to a gym in about two years....have never felt better :P