Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Chit chat / Randomness

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Princess Lou

does anyone know how i can change my username?

does anyone know how i can change my username?

Why do you want to do that ? Going under cover :D

RoverJames wrote: »

ya to hide from all of ye lol. got my answer here "It is your responsibility to keep the information in your profile up-to-date. You should especially ensure that your email address is kept current. You can alter any of the fields in your profile, except your username. Once you have registered your username, it becomes yours for life. In extreme circumstances, you may request that the administrator change your username, but he or she will require a very good reason to do so."

You'll have to remain as Princess Lou so :D When you're 50 odd that will be so so sad :P

ah u are gonna mock me now ain't ya???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

maybe she is no longer a princess.... :( and to think she was going to help rule my kingdom *shakes fist*

ah u are gonna mock me now ain't ya???

Of course not :)

kingtut wrote: »
    maybe she is no longer a princess.... :( and to think she was going to help rule my kingdom *shakes fist*
    I'm gonna rule ur kingdom still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm gonna rule ur kingdom still
    You can subscribe to boards and then change it. I got mine changed years back at a request, but I don't think they do it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

So what is everyone up to tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Same old thing - watching telly! There's nowt else to do... :(

I'm somewhere I'm not meant to be on a Tuesday :D

I'm back from a lovely pizza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

oeb wrote: »
    Could not believe the Saints won! I hit the sack before the end of the second quarter, and the Colts were still dominating the game at that stage! They must have made some comeback.

Brilliant game! Was backing the Colts but some of the plays from the Saints were just unreal! At one stage they intercepted the ball right by the end zone and ran it all the way back for a touch down. Happened in seconds and no one saw it coming!

Afternoon everyone!! It's Wednesday already. Awesome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mercy Hospital

Are you up for a challlenge? This year the Mercy Hospital Foundation has not one but two extreme mountain survival challenges to test you to Cover%20logo.jpgthe limits!

Our brand new Wicklow Mountains Survival Challenge will be held on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd May 2010. While the Comeragh Mountain Survival Challenge is back by popular demand on the 24th, 25th and 26th September 2010.

The aim of the Mountain Survival Challenges 2010 is to raise €100,000 and to provide you with a unique and exciting personal experience. Funds raised through the Mercy University Hospital Foundation are used to purchase state of the art equipment, to enhance and develop services and to help Hospital staff in providing a world class service to the patients.

In order to take part in a challenge you must raise a minimum of €650 per person. We can provide you with a sponsorship pack and lots of fundraising ideas so you can raise the required sponsorship. Challenges are designed for teams of two so each team needs to raise a minimum of €1,300 in aid of the Mercy.

Take part by going to www.mercyhospitalfoundation.ie/survival

“The challenge will bring you to the limits both psychologically and physically. Anyone who wants to prove themselves should try it.” Kieran Coughlan, Comeragh Challenge Participant 2009

If you have any queries on the challenges or other fundraising events please contact us on 021 4274076 or by email to info@mercyhospitalfoundation.ie

Resized%20group%20photo.jpg

Mercy University Hospital Foundation, Unit 1 Millerd Hall,
    Millerd Street, Cork Tel. 021 4274076

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭YourSQL

I'm somewhere I'm not meant to be on a Tuesday :D

asbo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

RAG week has made town busy eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

In order to take part in a challenge you must raise a minimum of €650 per person. Challenges are designed for teams of two so each team needs to raise a minimum of €1,300 in aid of the Mercy.

:eek:

Is begging allowed on this forum? I think it's a disgrace to come on here, begging for money.:mad:

Yeah something not right in that alright. Surely any size contribution should be welcomed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Take it easy lads......

This is just like the Neil Mellon township thing where you have to raise €4,000 euro or parachute jumps for charity where you have to raise a minimum of €700.

And its not begging to be fair...it is a worthy cause and they are incurring big charges to hold this so if someone only made a contribution of a tenner and turned up then they would be making a loss....

Oh don't get me wrong...I don't see it as begging...not sure where that comment came from. Just seems a bit strange that there's a minimum to raise.

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Oh don't get me wrong...I don't see it as begging...not sure where that comment came from. Just seems a bit strange that there's a minimum to raise.

Ah not you,twas col said it was a sort of begging.
    The minimum raise is the norm nowadays for big charity events such as that.

Fair enough :D - I don't see the logic in it though...it turns me off a little to say the least. I mean to me it seems a bit snobby of them, not to accept 300 euro if I was able to make that amount for them. Maybe if a minimum of 50 euro might be ok but €650!, it's a bit extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it kindof goes against the whole "every little helps" thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bumbletumble

4 peaks challange you need to raise a mininum of 4,500 euro to enter it!!

• Advertisement

YourSQL wrote: »
    asbo?

Was in Cork :D

Just bought tickets to the Dropkick Murphys gig in the Savoy in April. Not too sure why cause i don't have any cds or anything. Thinking it'd be a good one though going by that song from the departed and their influences!

Anyone else going?

Never heard of them, any linky to their tunes ?

Got work in Cork :D I can change my location now to only Cork in month or so, happy out boi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭YourSQL

Never heard of them, any linky to their tunes ?

Got work in Cork :D I can change my location now to only Cork in month or so, happy out boi.

check PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

NoDice wrote: »
    Just bought tickets to the Dropkick Murphys gig in the Savoy in April. Not too sure why cause i don't have any cds or anything. Thinking it'd be a good one though going by that song from the departed and their influences!

Anyone else going?

Seen them a few years ago. Tawt they were pretty good.

• Advertisement

Cool, dying to go to a gig and I'll just be back from holidays then so looking forward to it. Savoy is a good venue too I think. Saw Biffy Clyro there and it was pretty cool.

Roverjames, congrats on the job, always great to hear good news around here!

Dropkick Murphy's, btw, are a celtic punk kinda group. I really only know them from that rocking song at the end of the Departed. :)

NoDice wrote: »

Roverjames, congrats on the job, always great to hear good news around here!

Thank you :)
    'tis the place I left to come up here, my contract is up shortly here so the timing is great.

Me thinks I wouldn't be into that band, cheers to yourSQP for the PM and the link, me thinks I was right :)

Funnily enough they're not a band that play the type of music I would usually go out of my way to get a ticket for. It jsut seems like a good night out.

Man I'm so sick of Cork like. There is no where good to go out at all. Said I'd do a pub crawl type thing last weekend and worked my way up Barracks street a bit so hit Tom Barry's for the first time. Really cool place, nice smoking area but wonder what the music is like in there on a busy night? There was none playing on the Sunday.

Has anyone been to the club next to the Quad?

Have never been to Tom Barrys, the sister loves it though. She lives quite close to it too.

Might go there again some night, massive smoking area with a fire and all! Nice pints too and loads of space. was told it's a good spot for saturday nights.

I'm still sickeningly inclined to go to the Brog!! I'm so sick of it and it smells and the pints are bad (but they're €3!! €3 I said!!!) and the staff are generally rude and the bathrooms are dirty but it's home. It's home and I wish I was there now. Damb you!!!

sorry.. rant over :o

I'm shocked....i just got told my neighbour hung himself...I mean the family are lovely....this doesn't make sense

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Sorry to hear that :(

He's only 18 like

strange stuff...the reasons why he done it apparently are quite frightening...such small things if only he spoke about them.

Anyways how's every one here? - I'll be back in Ireland saturday...its very snowy here in Germany! What's it like there...

• Advertisement

strange stuff...the reasons why he done it apparently are quite frightening...such small things if only he spoke about them.

Anyways how's every one here? - I'll be back in Ireland saturday...its very snowy here in Germany! What's it like there...

It was actually a really lovely day today. The sun was shining and the place was actualy warm,well till the evening anyway. How did Germany go for you?

Waiting for my damn food to be delivered :(..........

I loved the week to be honest. A meal every evening with few drinks with all partners, of all different nationalities.

We ate in this really cool restaurant just an hour ago where you order your food on touch screen at table and it arrives via a track over your table to you! Really funny concept but it worked.

http://www.sbaggers.de/main-ger/?sid=restaurant&lang=en

Sorry to hear that, very sad, especially when the chap was only 18.

Sorry to hear that, very sad, especially when the chap was only 18.

Yeah it real is quite a sad thing when you hear about it and especially when its someone close to you or somebody you know. I've had 2 friends and two family members go that way and its just horrible when it happens. The first thing you always seem to ask yourself is why you didn't see it coming but the thing is nobody ever does.

Just by chance was he in UCC aswell?

You're right about everyone wondering why they didn't do more to see it coming..

No he didn't go to college....he was a boy racer, but he lost his license and it was down hill from there apparently :( Such simple things

You're right about everyone wondering why they didn't do more to see it coming..

No he didn't go to college....he was a boy racer, but he lost his license and it was down hill from there apparently :( Such simple things

Yeah its strange the things that will set people off or make them enter depression. 18 is just way too young to go like.

Yeah its strange the things that will set people off or make them enter depression. 18 is just way too young to go like.
    Indeed. He obviously wasn't rational with anything...I think children need to be brought up to be more open and talk about things. Keeping things locked up is not good and results in things like this.

I'm shocked....i just got told my neighbour hung himself...I mean the family are lovely....this doesn't make sense

Very sorry to hear this Webmonkey. Got a few shocks like that myself last year. You're completely right about kids needing to talk about everything more openly. If you guys were close and you want to talk about it, feel free to pm me. I don't mind. As you said yourself it helps to talk.

On a lighter note, where in Germany are you? Was thinking of doing a trip there but Amsterdam is very persuasive... :)

Good afternoon everybody.

Afternoon :)

• Advertisement

Made the move from Galway yet? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement