Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Americans

Options
  • 26-02-2009 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

Hi everybody. Now this thread isn't racists but it's amazing how much Americans and their culture wrecks my head. I know a few and they wreck my head with their ignorance. For starters their attitude to alcohol pisses me off to no end. I know 19 and 20 year old Americas here in Germany and they have an obsession with Alcohol. They are not allowed drink at home and here they think they are the bees knees because they have freedom. They do be saying "Omg Taylor had 2 beers last night and we had to carry him home and Corey wasn't much better after a shot of vodka". And they seem to think that because I've an Irish accent and spell **** differently that I am in some way inferior the ****ing idiots. What really pisses me off about them is their general ignorance. They all say they love the "european experience". This phrase makes me choke. I mean they are in ****ing Germany. Europe is not a country. Say Germany not ****ing Europe. Europe could also refer to France or Belarus. And in Europe there is much more cultural variation than Europe. It pisses me off that they do not realise this. Also it pisses me off that the averasge American 20 year old male is as mature as my 12 year old female cousin. They bitch about everything and are like big ****ing kids even when it comes to stuff such as who's turn it is to "ride" in the front seat. I'm not even going to mention the guy I met in New York who thought London was in Ireland. I really think they are so thick that we should bring all their women over here and make them suck every cock in Ireland! Anyway not to hijack my own thread I wanna hear some funny stories about Americans you boardsies may have encountered at some point in your life. Just a small video to cheer me up I should share with you....

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tl;dr.

Also.

Paragraphs.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Each country has its faults including our own.
    I'm not going to start throwing rocks at others - I'm saving them for throwing at our own useless plebs in the dail!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I read it. You didn't miss much. To recap, the guy knows one or two (or possibly three) Americans and they are, in his opinion, ****ers. (The **** part remains unknown.) They can't hold their beer and want to ride the front seat of a car. Or something.
    NADA wrote: »
    And in Europe there is much more cultural variation than Europe.

:confused:

Did you mean "in Europe there is much more cultural variation than in America"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

We need more education to help the Iraq :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

woah woah woah...

you have a 12 year old female cousin?

pics or gtfo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

I once bought a Yank 4 beers and 1 shot, they went unconscious and puked about 8 gallons. The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

It's ok, Americans aren't a race.
    You're just a xenophobe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

all their women over here and make them suck every cock in Ireland!

Bagsy first go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

You're not alone. No one likes the yanks. They're complete retards. My pet hate is how they're trying to remake the English language with their spelling variations! What really pisses me off the most is Irish people copying their lingo. Has anyone noticed a Southside Dublin accent is slowly becoming an American accent? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Are Americans to be the new Kerrymen.
    You can't just generalise like this, but if you really want to, Hey these are the thicko's who put a man on the moon 40 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

we should bring all their women over here and make them suck every cock in Ireland!

Good idea! After all, fat girls do give the best head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

RATM wrote: »

Would, despite the stupidity! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I can hear Overheal a comin'...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

wilson10 wrote: »
    Are Americans to be the new Kerrymen.
    You can't just generalise like this, but if you really want to, Hey these are the thicko's who put a man on the moon 40 years ago.

The Germans put the Americans on the Moon. Well, they sent them there, but whether they actually arrived or not is a different story. If the Americans couldn't point Europe out on a map, how the hell could they find the Moon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Hi everybody. Now this thread isn't racists but ..... they seem to think that because I've an Irish accent and spell **** differently that I am in some way inferior the ****ing idiots.

Do they spell it "racist"?
    Also it pisses me off that the averasge American 20 year old male is as mature as my 12 year old female cousin.

I bet they say loads of immature stuff like Irish people are so thick that we should bring all their women over here and make them suck every cock in America :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

There is a good thread about this on the humour forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The Germans put the Americans on the Moon. Well, they sent them there, but whether they actually arrived or not is a different story. If the Americans couldn't point Europe out on a map, how the hell could they find the Moon?

Where did the Germans come into it ?
    If you mean that the rocket scientists working in NASA were originally German then you could take it a stage further and say that the only real Americans are the native Indians.
    So the Americans are really Europeans, give or take a few generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,068 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

wilson10 wrote: »
    Where did the Germans come into it ?
    If you mean that the rocket scientists working in NASA were originally German then you could take it a stage further and say that the only real Americans are the native Indians.
    So the Americans are really Europeans, give or take a few generations.

Read up on the history - it's not rocket science. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

OP I agree, you should take some inspiration from your stay in Germany and find a 'final solution' to the 'American question'. Just don't forget to pay your gas bill

In before the Overheal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

dSTAR wrote: »
    I can hear Overheal a comin'...

Was he Yanking his chain? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

my fiancée is from Cashel and a few summers ago she was outside the Rock of Cashel *the big castle for any yanks here* when two american tourists came up to her and asked "excuse me miss, can you tell us where the rock is?" bewildered she looked up at them and said its right here the response was o we've already seen the Castle we wanna see the rock, she explained they got confused, she walked away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

corny wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a Southside Dublin accent is slowly becoming an American accent? :mad:
    Still though, it's an improvement on their west brit accent.

I wouldn't complain to much about the yanks because the Celtic tiger just highlighted where the Americans got all their bad habits from. As soon as we got a bit of cash in our pockets we became every thing every body always despised about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

RATM wrote: »

That girl would make a great politican,maby minister for foreign affairs:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Americans... What really pisses me off about them is their general ignorance. They all say they love the "european experience". This phrase makes me choke. I mean they are in ****ing Germany. Europe is not a country. Say Germany not ****ing Europe. Europe could also refer to France or Belarus.
    Which "Americans" are you referring to? North Americans (3 countries), Central Americans (19 countries, plus 4 French, 3 Netherlands, 5 UK, and 3 USA territories), or South Americans (12 countries, plus 1 UK and 1 French territory)? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

If it's any consolation to you OP, I suffered a similar fever when I started working with a couple of US people a few years ago. It will fade when you realize that not all of them want to make everything better where-ever they go. A few who do just see the faults you don't as you are too close to the situation, they are just being kind.

You must realise they are number 1 in some many ways, this is undeniable, learn your place and you will feel better quickly:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,245 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

They bitch about everything and are like big ****ing kids even when it comes to stuff such as who's turn it is to "ride" in the front seat.
    Are you sure they didn't want to "ride" in the back seat? The front can be very uncomfortable with buckets seats, steering wheel, and a gear shift.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Which "Americans" are you referring to? North Americans (3 countries), Central Americans (19 countries, plus 4 French, 3 Netherlands, 5 UK, and 3 USA territories), or South Americans (12 countries, plus 1 UK and 1 French territory)? :rolleyes:

What should people call them so? Its shorthand which everyone understands, what's the big deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I have never met an American that i didnt like. I have, however, met lots of Irish people that i havent liked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 chimpanzee

Hi everybody. Now this thread isn't racists but it's amazing how much Americans
    Yes it is . You are singling a certain race and saying everything you hate about them . It is . If it wasn't you wouldn't feel need to suggest that.
    For starters their attitude to alcohol
    In which part of america and what people . The fact that they think drinking , what we in "Europe" would call a small amount , and calling it a big amount because of their in experience with it is stupid. A certain amount of people may but you are forgeting the americans that get to live the "european experience" are daddy bucks little rich kids . Loikened;) to a D4 rich kid going to america if you wish .
    pisses me off to no them is their general ignorance
    This is a certain group and general ingorance is all around you , you just pick up on it more when it is not the irish doing it .
    They all say they love the "european experience". This phrase makes me choke. I mean they are in ****ing Germany. Europe is not a country
    America is a massive place with states the size of european countries .We don't differentiate between states . They generalise a bit ,like you have.
    For the rich kids it is all about the european experience , they don't care about the country , all the see is the stereotyped europe that has been shown on the big screen.
    It pisses me off that they do not realise this. Also it pisses me off that the averasge American 20 year old male
    Awwww jeez look who you are talkin about .
    I'm not even going to mention the guy I met in New York who thought London was in Ireland

You just did;)
    their women ............. suck every cock in Ireland!

Now first of all it was 20 year old guys , secondly , you are degrading them and speaking down about them in the same way which pissed you off
    Just a small video to cheer me up I should share with you....
    Oh nice a video that puts down americans.

Next time you get this riled OP tell it to there faces, it is much more of a stress relief and they may learn to cop on. It is not the same for all of america , same way Ireland is not full of intelligent witty drunks , even though there are a good few on AH.:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement