Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aditional preamps for a Digidesign 002

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Howdy folks,
    Just wondering if anyone here would know a suitable preamp that i could use to add another 8 mic pre's to my protools set up. I have a 002 with 4 mic pre's but want/need another 8. I'v been looking at presonus, focusrite etc etc and i'm just wondering have anyone here had experience or advice they would be willing to share on which pre i should get!
    cheers in advance,
    N3ddy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

Hey, yeah there are a few options for ya. I read a review of a new 8-ch. preamp from presonus called the digimax d8 in musictech magazine, looks pretty handy alright. It has 24-bit ADAT out, which is what you need to sync it to the 002. It's £350.
    Also, there is the m-audio profire 26, focusrite saffire pro 40. I have the focusrite saffire 26 which is pretty decent. You need somethin with ADAT connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The Pre Sonus is a little cleaner and not as colored sounding as the FocusRite.
    Behringer make one for about a fiver called the ADA-8000 or something like that tha's both an a2d and a d2a cheap and cheerful. Anything above that I'd go for the Audient with an Adat expansion A2D card.

http://www.audient.com/audient/product/asp008

The audient is better than the Presonus or Focusrite IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 N3DDY

cheers for the replies guys much appreciated! i think the audient is a bit out of my range price wise but looking at the specs it seems to be a serious piece of kit. What about the pre sonus octopre?
    when i was looking at the digimax d8 i noticed it didn't have an 'adat in' does it not need that to sync with the 002 or does the adat out send both 8 channels and sync data?

Advertisement