Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Colbert Station like to leave car overnight?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

As the question says. Anyone with bad experiences? I'm going to the rugby in Dublin at the weekend and I would use Limerick instead of Ennis if I could be sure my car wouldn't be touched.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

finbarrk wrote: »
    As the question says. Anyone with bad experiences? I'm going to the rugby in Dublin at the weekend and I would use Limerick instead of Ennis if I could be sure my car wouldn't be touched.

Would you be sure it wouldn't be touched in Ennis??

Colbert Station is fine, have left my car there overnight many a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Depends on where you park there. If you park in front of the building , then the car is safer. But if you park down the side of the building, it is not so safe, as cars there get damaged on a regular basis, due to the scumbags being out of the line of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I agree with Kess73, part at the front and you should be fine. Ive parked at the back before, when I was more innocent than I am now, my car (which was NOT a flashy car - and is still not a flashy car!) was broken into, and a friends car was stolen from the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Yea, I would be careful not to park it at the very end of the lower car park although I did have to last year (weekend) and there was no problem. There is also a disclaimer from Iarnrod Eireann so there is no comeback. BTW if you are going to park in the station car park remember to have coins ready! - I think it's 3 euro and you have to insert that in the machine on entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Declan30

Park in the front is the best . Not likely to pick on cars there.
    And it is now 4 euros to park at the station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

?

Hey, park your car in a well lit, residential area in the general vicinity of the Station and stroll over while enjoying the likelihood that it won't be sailing skywards offa every speed bump in Limerick 3 hours later or alternatively left where you parked it but just a steel shell with shattered glass.

That's good advice and it comes from manys the sad, sad, story.

- Also, the last Garda patrol of Parnell St./Colbert Station was mid 1972...... [A brief driveby]

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Declan30 wrote: »
    Park in the front is the best . Not likely to pick on cars there.
    And it is now 4 euros to park at the station.

Thanks for that Declan30, wow! it's gone up 2 euro in the last year!! you could really get caught there and feel like a muppet if you don't have the change going in because if theres cars behind you you can't reverse easily! tbh it's very good value for parking overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Thanks for the replies lads. I'll try for the front of the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I wouldn't chance it. Ny bro in law and my mother have left their car in the front a few times to come back to find footprints on the bonnet and roof. They broke the window in the mothers car as well.

Could just be unlucky...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

Leave it in the front car park, the side one is dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

finbarrk wrote: »

I know it's a bit late now but couldnt you have just taken the train from Ennis?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

jmccoy wrote: »
    Leave it in the front car park, the side one is dodgy.

?

Just because someone walked through a minefield once doesn't mean they'll ever manage to do it again does it?

OP Colbert Station carpark front, back, sides or whatever else has to be one of the least secure places to leave a car in Ireland.

Advertisement