Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the awarding body?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I am completing the online application for a taught course through the PAC system. After being asked what university I attended, now I'm looking at the question

"Name of Awarding body"

I am right to assume this means the college itself I received the undergraduate degree from?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

UCD's awarding body is NUI for example.
    TCD's is University of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

HETAC/ Above

Check your course outline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

.... or your academic transcript.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I put down HETAC for mine as that is what was on my degree certificate, as i know the institution i attended arent in place to award their own degrees at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ihateirony

Hi, sorry for the necro, but the topic actually requires expansion now. Any idea if the NUI Maynooth awarding body is different now since the incident in 2010? I can't remember the exact details, but didn't they disband or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

ihateirony wrote: »
    Hi, sorry for the necro, but the topic actually requires expansion now. Any idea if the NUI Maynooth awarding body is different now since the incident in 2010? I can't remember the exact details, but didn't they disband or something?

There was talk about disbanding the NUI, but it hasn't gone ahead. Primarily because you would need to have a constitutional amendment on the seanad constituencies, of which the NUI is a member. So, they can talk about getting rid of the NUI as part of cost cutting, but in practicality they can't and it'd end up in the Supreme Court.

Besides that, yes the NUI awards the NUI institutions (UCD, UCC, NUIM, NUIG etc...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ihateirony

El Siglo wrote: »
    There was talk about disbanding the NUI, but it hasn't gone ahead. Primarily because you would need to have a constitutional amendment on the seanad constituencies, of which the NUI is a member. So, they can talk about getting rid of the NUI as part of cost cutting, but in practicality they can't and it'd end up in the Supreme Court.

Besides that, yes the NUI awards the NUI institutions (UCD, UCC, NUIM, NUIG etc...).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Either it be HETAC for the Institutes of Technology anyway, NUI (UCD, DCU, NUIG, NUIM and UCC) or University of Dublin like previous posters stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mary.

My undergrad was FETAC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Who is the awarding body for DCU, is it NUI?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

dceire wrote: »
    Who is the awarding body for DCU, is it NUI?

DCU awards its own degrees. It's not part of the NUI.

Advertisement