Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skyfest 2009 in Waterford....minimeet?

• 26-02-2009 10:40am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭

as posted by Aquos76 in waterford forum...is it work having a mini meet?
    Skyfest 2009 Waterford
    Event Details

Date: Saturday 14th March

Event: The National Lottery Skyfest

Time: 6.30 – 8.30pm
    A breathtaking fireworks display is unleashed over and above the River Suir. Thousands gather on the quays to view this awesome pyro-musical show where dazzling colours and explosive effects are choreographed to an amazing soundtrack curated by Mark McCabe. The evening will kick off with a performance from Kìla themselves who are renowned for their uniquely energetic performances.

Just over 2 weeks now, should be a good nights entertainment with plenty of great photo opportunities

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/cms/events_skyfest.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'm up for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I'm there half 6 to half 8 yeah, any good vantage points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Working at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Damn. Stuck in Dublin,.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Panhour

I'd be interested....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Vitoldus

I should be able to make it, too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭vikarama

Cabaal wrote: »
    as posted by Aquos76 in waterford forum...is it work having a mini meet?

love to see that,hopefully the fireworks will be on display at murrayfield as IRELAND go in search of first GRAND SLAM in 60 years......if Ireland win and fireworks start at 7.45 that would be perfect timing!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'm planning on being there once the weather's not bad. Can anyone recommend somewhere to park and somewhere (hopefully nearby :)) to shoot from?

Anywhere in particular boardsies will be meeting up at?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Stephen wrote: »
    I'm planning on being there once the weather's not bad. Can anyone recommend somewhere to park and somewhere (hopefully nearby :)) to shoot from?

Anywhere in particular boardsies will be meeting up at?

Parking will be a nightmare, I'm hoping to park down by Poleberry where I used to live...should be space down in that area though its a 15min walk to the quays.

Where to shoot from no idea off hand it depends where the put the fireworks, down around the bridge or up around reg's tower...could be either.

Might be no harm setting a meeting point alright. any suggestions from people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

AFAIK ,

Fireworks will be left off from multiple locations , so a high vantage point would be best , such as mount misery or a not so high one such cromwells rock area to view the city and suir ?

• Advertisement

Where's cromwell's rock? I don't mind a 15 minute or so walk as long as its not pissing rain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

From met.ie: Saturday will be a bright, breezy day with scattered heavy showers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Completely forgot about the christening I'm going to

Stephen wrote: »
    Where's cromwell's rock? I don't mind a 15 minute or so walk as long as its not pissing rain :)

Stephen ,

Cromwells Rock is behind the Atheneaum House hotel in Ferrybank / More or less accross the river from Adelphi Quay and the Tower hotel. As it will be just after high tide it will give a better and more uninterupted view of the river than you would get from the city side.

Lets hope the forecast holds off so the display wont be delayed

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Jambo wrote: »
    Stephen ,

Cromwells Rock is behind the Atheneaum House hotel in Ferrybank / More or less accross the river from Adelphi Quay and the Tower hotel. As it will be just after high tide it will give a better and more uninterupted view of the river than you would get from the city side.

Lets hope the forecast holds off so the display wont be delayed

How would you go about getting their, any chance few of us meet up and head over that way perhaps?

Cabaal ,

If you know the Abbey Church in Ferrybank on the Abbey Road , on the RHS of the entrance there is a small gate lodge , to the right of that there is a small disused laneway which leads to the train tracks if you go over this small wall you then can go to the left along the tracks / river bank .(You wont be able to access the port property to the right as its fenced off)

I reckon you should go have a look first sat afternoon to make sure this vantage point is ok for you.

this might be useful to people

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/cms/events_skyfest_map.html - the map of the street closed off

http://www.stpatricksfestival.ie/cms/events_skyfest_road.html - road closures and times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Where are the fireworks being set off from? Ferrybank side?

Yeah I'd imagine so. The spectator viewing area is on the quays directly opposite.

bravo wrote: »
    Where are the fireworks being set off from? Ferrybank side?

From the Suir and Ferrybank , looking at the weather for tomorrow id say my reccomendation for cromwells rock is a no as you prob will only end up looking at smoke .

Best vantage point to have the city as a back drop rather than the derilict flourmills and jurys will prob be mount misery!

• Advertisement

I hope to get down to waterford tomorrow around 5pm, will have to see what I can come up with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Thanks Jambo,

Where's Mount Misery? ESB station on the overlooking the bridge?

bravo wrote: »
    Thanks Jambo,

Where's Mount Misery? ESB station on the overlooking the bridge?

No its behind the train station (I believe)

Thats it just over the train station , you can access there via jurys ( which is fenced up ) or via the reservoir beside the Rockshire care centre on the Rockshire road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I reckon I'll just head out with my 50mm and no tripod, chances are I'll end up in the pub anyways!

Is there anywhere you can park for free up there Jambo?

Advertisement