Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Support Contract

Options
  • 26-02-2009 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right spot, but would anyone have an example of an IT support/maintenance contract? Any info would be greatly helpful.
    Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

These are pretty gaurded documents. They take a long time to write and are specific to each site. Im not sure will anyone volunteer one to you easily!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Ah I'm not looking for anything specific, just a general document I can edit add my own stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

when i was putting together my first maintenance contract i searched high and low to no avail looking for a template. It meant sitting down and creating it from scratch, It is well worth the effort as it ensures that you are tailoring the contract for the specific customer.

Some pointers:

State whether hardware replacements / parts are covered.
    What exactly will you maintain - network, computers, printers (eek!)
    How long and often with maintenance occur
    What are you insured for
    do you offer remote / phone assitance - whats hrs.
    What are the exact charges.
    Can other IT companies work on the network - (obv not)

There is lots lots more to consider as well. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

pablo21 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right spot, but would anyone have an example of an IT support/maintenance contract? Any info would be greatly helpful.
    Many thanks!
    google 'sample sla agreement'

Advertisement