Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C15- who's up for it?

• 26-02-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Well folks as another recruitment campaign looms and its time for us not so lucky ones, and a few first timers to apply, I thought I'd create my first ever thread and see who willl gather for another year of waiting, hoping, waiting, passing, failing, ...did I mention waiting.

All those up for C15 say me...ME!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭DownMTBer

*tumble weed rolls past*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

ME! (caps lock on as I am shouting as loud as I can!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

count me in too. and for the next few years too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jclegs

Count me in as a first timer!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Yes, me too :rolleyes:. The thought of going through the a/c again :eek: makes me shiver but needs must and all that. Suppose I have to get through the IST again first :o Counting chickens springs to mind :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mhairt

me me meeeee. My first time will need loads of advice from everone else. Roll on March if that is when it will start:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

I'm in to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Good luck everyone.

I'll be rootin' for ya's. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

So we have a good crowd buliding up. Hate the thought of doing it all over again without even having a definate 'no' from C14. 3rd time lucky hopefully.

So we have a good crowd buliding up. Hate the thought of doing it all over again without even having a definate 'no' from C14. 3rd time lucky hopefully.

Yep, know that feeling! Don't know whether to leave it later to apply this time so I can get a later IST and A/C date so maybe I'll have got a yes or no from C14 before having to go through the a/c again? What do you think? Also, I didn't really hear of many who passed the a/c and then got a Dr John already - did you? Maybe most of them just 'disappeared' from the board when they got a no letter?

Hmmmm....strangest recruitment campaign I've ever been involved in that's for sure lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Double Oh Seven

Yep I'm applying. First attempt...but I'm trying to stay positive!

Yep, know that feeling! Don't know whether to leave it later to apply this time so I can get a later IST and A/C date so maybe I'll have got a yes or no from C14 before having to go through the a/c again? What do you think? Also, I didn't really hear of many who passed the a/c and then got a Dr John already - did you? Maybe most of them just 'disappeared' from the board when they got a no letter?

Hmmmm....strangest recruitment campaign I've ever been involved in that's for sure lol.

I know of a reserve cop who passed the AC for C14 but still received a 'Dear John', she got her letter not long after hearing she had passed. Crazy.

I dont think leaving it later to apply will make much difference really. For example if you apply on the 5th March or the 25th March and your nearest IST venue was Belfast on the 20th April then you are likely to still get the same venue/date. Well thats my take on things, im probably wrong though, and im sure someone will let me know:o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭1979SD

Good luck to everyone going for c15, count me out though c14 or nothing for me!
    Will keep checking the boards just out of noseiness while i'm propping up the dole queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

me!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

ME!! only joined up here and my 1st time applying! fingers and toes and everything else crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

1979SD wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone going for c15, count me out though c14 or nothing for me!
    Will keep checking the boards just out of noseiness while i'm propping up the dole queue!

I'm same position as you 1979sd but I will be re-applying! I dont want to shut the door on my Dream job yet! we have good merits and only vetting holding us up hopefully so keep the jurgen CHINSmen up! C14 for us all being well will be our campaign!:D

Also PYG I am gonna take my chances and apply late, hoping I am successful in C14 by time IST comes for C15!

integra1 wrote: »
    I'm same position as you 1979sd but I will be re-applying! I dont want to shut the door on my Dream job yet! we have good merits and only vetting holding us up hopefully so keep the jurgen CHINSmen up! C14 for us all being well will be our campaign!:D

Also PYG I am gonna take my chances and apply late, hoping I am successful in C14 by time IST comes for C15!

I wish you all the best, but with a score like yours I wouldnt think C15 would be neccessary. Maybe you could do C15 but pretend to be me and get me a really good score like yours;). Plan!!

I wish you all the best, but with a score like yours I wouldnt think C15 would be neccessary. Maybe you could do C15 but pretend to be me and get me a really good score like yours;). Plan!!

ok I'll need a bra, a wig, and a short of a length!!!lol:D

I know you and MGH will do well this campaign! dont rule out C14 yet either matey!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

Count me in too PYG oh yeah MEEEEEEEEE!!! here we go again!;);)

ok I'll need a bra, a wig, and a short of a length!!!lol:D

I know you and MGH will do well this campaign! dont rule out C14 yet either matey!;)

Thanks for the optimism but I think C14 is a goner (that word looks weird), I just hope last time wasnt a flook. Im sitting here with a wasted, passed vetting and people like you who are getting in havent had theirs passed yet-crazy!!

• Advertisement

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    Count me in too PYG oh yeah MEEEEEEEEE!!! here we go again!;);)

Cant believe next week will bring it to a whole year of waiting!......and still not knowing either way.:(

Cant believe next week will bring it to a whole year of waiting!......and still not knowing either way.:(

Hang in there PYG hang in there your day is a coming!!!;);)

Chelsea555 wrote: »
    Hang in there PYG hang in there your day is a coming!!!;);)

I hope Mystic Meg:D. I hope this tiem will prove lucky for you too.

Tis mad like, but hey such is life! I am just one of those people who has to wait for everthing!:rolleyes:

I hope Mystic Meg:D. I hope this tiem will prove lucky for you too.

Me too otherwise it is going to be a loooonnnng year:(

Tis mad like, but hey such is life! I am just one of those people who has to wait for everthing!:rolleyes:

Buses, trains......... not to mention the phone ringing and the postman/woman arriving:D;)

Buses, trains......... not to mention the phone ringing and the postman/woman arriving:D;)

And theres me thinking it was just me!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

I dunno if I should re-apply.... with all this waiting I'm starting to worry that they wont fill all 220 RC spaces and then the higher merit non RC people that would normally have gotten in will miss out in this campaign. But I think I'm just over-thinking, and they'd have to fill the full 440 trainee spaces...wouldnt they??!!:):confused:

Ali08 wrote: »
    I dunno if I should re-apply.... with all this waiting I'm starting to worry that they wont fill all 220 RC spaces and then the higher merit non RC people that would normally have gotten in will miss out in this campaign. But I think I'm just over-thinking, and they'd have to fill the full 440 trainee spaces...wouldnt they??!!:):confused:

What's your situation at the moment?

• Advertisement

What's your situation at the moment?

non RC merit of around 200, waiting on vetting.

PersonAli...08;), I think you are in a very very very very hopeful situation (lucky old you). I would say you are safe enough with that great score. I guess just to cover your back there would be no harm in re-applying. You might even get the call before having to sit the IST or AC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

you could count on getting in. 100%. reapply anyway. id reapply if i had merit number 1 and hadnt gotten the call yet. theres no harm in it.

Thanks guys! I suppose it does no harm to re-apply, just to be sure. i don't wanna count my chickens before their hatched n all that. Recruitment moves in mysterious ways.

Thanks guys! I suppose it does no harm to re-apply, just to be sure. i don't wanna count my chickens before their hatched n all that. Recruitment moves in mysterious ways.

Hopefully they will mysteriously give me a med date......yeah right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭el_nino_9

Count me in! Il be applying again! im still in with a shout for c14 but i dont know for definite if my merit number will be good enough to get me in. hard to know at the early stages of the intakes where the merit numbers are at, but no harm in putting another application in. its the job i want so gona apply till i get in. good luck to all applying again and those first timers, prepare to be patient.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 hipbones

Im applying, this is my first time! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I wish everyone applying the best of luck with it. For those who are applying for the second and subsequent time, learn from past mistakes. You will return a stronger candidate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

TheNog wrote: »
    I wish everyone applying the best of luck with it. For those who are applying for the second and subsequent time, learn from past mistakes. You will return a stronger candidate.

Oh, oh. <sticks hand up>

Can I be the poster boy for this whole 'learn from previous campaigns and come back a better candidate' thing? :D

For me, third time really was the charm ( i knew Receuitment would cave in eventually).

Keep applyin folks, but don't ever lose sight of why you want this job/career/life in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

carlty888 wrote: »
    Oh, oh. <sticks hand up>

Can I be the poster boy for this whole 'learn from previous campaigns and come back a better candidate' thing? :D

For me, third time really was the charm ( i knew Receuitment would cave in eventually).

Keep applyin folks, but don't ever lose sight of why you want this job/career/life in the first place.

Sir Carlty of the Boards is correct, I know I'll be much better prepared this time round, knowing what to expect is half the battle, tho the thought of the IST still gives me the willies.:(

Carlty, I hope my 3rd time proves as lucky as yours did!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Sir Carlty of the Boards is correct, I know I'll be much better prepared this time round, knowing what to expect is half the battle, tho the thought of the IST still gives me the willies.:(

I most definitely agree, the thought of the IST is not a nice one!:eek:

Just wondering folks, does everyone who applies for PSNI get invited to take the IST? Or is there an initial paper sift?

Just wondering folks, does everyone who applies for PSNI get invited to take the IST? Or is there an initial paper sift?

Hi there

As long as you meet the criteria as set out on Consensia's website then you will be invited for an IST.

MBC x

Excellent, thank you.

Yup, I'm gonna have me a big ole slice of C15, although I hope I'll just be wasting my time.

Yup, I'm gonna have me a big ole slice of C15, although I hope I'll just be wasting my time.

You and me both matey:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

not too sure mate still waiting on the call to see if im lucky enough for C14 - still no word on the vetting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

not too sure mate still waiting on the call to see if im lucky enough for C14 - still no word on the vetting

Hey TangoVictor

Just to let you know that text speak is not allowed on boards.ie. I have edited your post for you.

cheers

Nog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭suziesaysso

yep i'll be there, but like many i do sincerly hope that C14 is the one for me!! i hope to do better in the second half of the IST to improve my overall score. and obviously do better in the assessment centre god willing. more respect for diversity haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭TangoVictor

TheNog wrote: »
    Hey TangoVictor

Just to let you know that text speak is not allowed on boards.ie. I have edited your post for you.

cheers

Nog
    soz

• Advertisement
Advertisement