Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C15- who's up for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

soz

made me laff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭waawaa

think ill probably apply for this one too. wouldnt do any harm to say in the loop....just incase c14 goes belly up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 P365

Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I stumbled across this board a few months back and find it a great source of advice and support. Good luck to all applying it is my first time applying as well.

P365

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I know this link has already been posted, but I thought I would post it again as the Consensia webpage is no longer the one to be keeping an eye on its http://www.joinpsni.co.uk/ . It now confirms that recruitment indeed opens this thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Merseyside

I'll be applying.

Transferee from Liverpool but have to jump through consensias hoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

I don't know what to do now - I told my parents I was thinking of applying and they have hit the roof - basically they have demanded that I don't - they aren't political or anything, so it must be a saftey thing
    Anyone else faced opposition from family members? - I really wanted to join to :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Double Oh Seven

If you're old enough to apply, that makes you over 18, which makes you an adult. You should explain to your parents (politely, of course) that you're not asking for their permission, but you're asking for their support. They're obviously concerned about your safety as it's a dangerous job, however, if it's what you really want and if your parents consent is important to you, you should make them understand that it's your decision and your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭integra1

If you're old enough to apply, that makes you over 18, which makes you an adult. You should explain to your parents (politely, of course) that you're not asking for their permission, but you're asking for their support. They're obviously concerned about your safety as it's a dangerous job, however, if it's what you really want and if your parents consent is important to you, you should make them understand that it's your decision and your life.

Couldn't agree more, you are an adult seek their support, not necessarily their approval. My mum is worried too for my safety if I am successful, but I know she will be proud of me and very supportive towards me as its the only career I want to pursue. I am very grateful to my parents for bearing with me through all this. I have applied a few times now, waiting on the call due to vetting holdings things up:(. I'm sure they are sick listening to me lol!!!:D

My granny hates the fact that im trying to get into the police. She says its not a good organisation to be in, in her words 'there are a lot of foolery going on' -how the heck does she know?!? Its funny cause her next door neighbour is an ex police inspector and her husband is an ex segeant and they are both supporting me etc etc. Mum is all for it and dad says he just wants me to be happy and that he wants the best for me. Awh

At the end of the day even if no one supported me id do it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Chelsea555

You just gotta follow your heart its in your blood if you want to join up!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 El-Duderino

Count me in. :D

dark side wrote: »
    I don't know what to do now - I told my parents I was thinking of applying and they have hit the roof - basically they have demanded that I don't - they aren't political or anything, so it must be a saftey thing
    Anyone else faced opposition from family members? - I really wanted to join to :mad:

My mum isnt too fussed on me applying either, i suppose like everyone elses parents she remembers a time when the police were "legitimate targets" Catholic or Protestant & im sure thats a hard memory to shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭beca

my famillys the same, my mum doesnt want me to apply because she says the police takes over peoples life because you have to be really commited to it an also working hours mean id be working on a sunday and as theyre holy they dont believe in working on sundays. she knows the recruitment starts again in a few days an this past 2/3 weeks shes done her best to badmouth the police force and the job and at every opportunity point out my flaws that she thinks make me unsuitable for the police

my dad however is a totally different story, he always tells me and my siblings what to do because hes bit of a control freak and at the minute he doesnt actualy believe me that im going to try for the job and is making a mock out of me anytime theres anything on tv about police

what my familly dont no is that the more they try to convince me and tell me that im not police material, the harder im gonna try to get in!!

the rest of my familly are ok, my bro went through the same thing when he applied for the fire service 4 years ago (and hes still applying!) so hes very supportive. my sister and other brother dont seem too bothered but said if its what i want do go for it.

as someone said in an earlier post dont seek their approval, seek their support and tell them that if they dont approve thats ok but your gonna do it any way!! hope this helps!!

beca wrote: »
    my famillys the same, my mum doesnt want me to apply because she says the police takes over peoples life because you have to be really commited to it an also working hours mean id be working on a sunday and as theyre holy they dont believe in working on sundays. she knows the recruitment starts again in a few days an this past 2/3 weeks shes done her best to badmouth the police force and the job and at every opportunity point out my flaws that she thinks make me unsuitable for the police

my dad however is a totally different story, he always tells me and my siblings what to do because hes bit of a control freak and at the minute he doesnt actualy believe me that im going to try for the job and is making a mock out of me anytime theres anything on tv about police

what my familly dont no is that the more they try to convince me and tell me that im not police material, the harder im gonna try to get in!!

the rest of my familly are ok, my bro went through the same thing when he applied for the fire service 4 years ago (and hes still applying!) so hes very supportive. my sister and other brother dont seem too bothered but said if its what i want do go for it.

as someone said in an earlier post dont seek their approval, seek their support and tell them that if they dont approve thats ok but your gonna do it any way!! hope this helps!!

Yes Beca it really did help - thanks everyone else for your encouragement to -- I'm going to apply - no need to alarm the folks either just yet as there's no gaurentee of getting in first time :D

Yes Beca it really did help - thanks everyone else for your encouragement to -- I'm going to apply - no need to alarm the folks either just yet as there's no gaurentee of getting in first time :D

no bother! happy to help :D

• Advertisement

i hate to think of the long road ahead for c15 if i dont get in for c14.....im knackered already & it doesnt open till thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

hi all i will give it one more go. but had a few medical problems last year so even if i was lucky and did get called i dont know how i would do. but i'll give it one last go ----god is good ,best of luck to everyone

Papayankeegirl
    Peggysue's mama
    Smyff
    Jclegs
    Mustbecrazy?
    Mhairt
    darkside
    Doubleohseven
    mrsgenehunt
    beca
    intergra1
    chelsea55
    Ali08?
    Elnino09
    hipbones
    testarossa1
    suziesayso
    tangovictor?
    waawaa
    p365
    merseyside
    Eldudenno
    tfitzgerald

(i've included the boardies - who might be successful in C14 but who are thinking of reapplying anyway

It will be interesting to see if any of us get the same IST venue. Goodcopbadcop was at mine last year although I didnt know that until afterwards.

It will be interesting to see if any of us get the same IST venue. Goodcopbadcop was at mine last year although I didnt know that until afterwards.

we should all wear ribbons in our hair lol (boys included!) :D

• Advertisement

how many vacancies are there this year is it 220 or 440 I wonder?

we should all wear ribbons in our hair lol (boys included!) :D

Yeah that'll do, red and white polka dots!! haha

Are most people planning on applying first thing on Thursday morning, or perhaps leaving it a few days/weeks? I'm planning on getting the form filled out and sent ASAP, in the hope of getting an IST date more promptly.

Are most people planning on applying first thing on Thursday morning, or perhaps leaving it a few days/weeks? I'm planning on getting the form filled out and sent ASAP, in the hope of getting an IST date more promptly.

9am on the dot, like every other year!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

First thing. I've even got special dispensation from my boss to come in late. ( But I have to bring buns!!:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Ali08

There's no point rushing to get your application in if it's an early IST date you're after! I applied ages after a friend of mine did, and got an IST date for two weeks earlier that her. They dont just give the dates first come first served.

I just want to get it done and in, to feel like I'm doing something!!!:p

I just want to get it done and in, to feel like I'm doing something!!!:p

WORD FOR WORD what I was about to post!

WORD FOR WORD what I was about to post!
    :eek: Spooky!!!!

Plus, check this out, my stars for the month said THIS!!!:eek:

Reach for the stars on the 5th; a cherished wish is within your grasp.

that is too strange, i dont normally believe in the horoscopes but a few weeks ago mine said that i would have a work related disappointment on the 19th of february but that i would get my dream job by the end of july. is it too much of a coincidence that the calls for the april intake went out on the 19th.......just me?

• Advertisement

waawaa wrote: »
    that is too strange, i dont normally believe in the horoscopes but a few weeks ago mine said that i would have a work related disappointment on the 19th of february but that i would get my dream job by the end of july. is it too much of a coincidence that the calls for the april intake went out on the 19th.......just me?

:eek::eek::eek:

my thoughts exactly....but then i dont believe in horoscopes:D

waawaa wrote: »
    my thoughts exactly....but then i dont believe in horoscopes:D

neither do i but my stars said

"look to venus as you start in garnerville on april 12th. jupiter will come into your no fly zone at your srn on the 30th march"

spooky that cause it looks like they are right ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭nickni

Papayankeegirl
    Peggysue's mama
    Smyff
    Jclegs
    Mustbecrazy?
    Mhairt
    darkside
    Doubleohseven
    mrsgenehunt
    beca
    intergra1
    chelsea55
    Ali08?
    Elnino09
    hipbones
    testarossa1
    suziesayso
    tangovictor?
    waawaa
    p365
    merseyside
    Eldudenno
    tfitzgerald
    nickni

Just adding my name to the ever growing list...just in case i dont get in this time round lol

nickni wrote: »
    Papayankeegirl
    Peggysue's mama
    Smyff
    Jclegs
    Mustbecrazy?
    Mhairt
    darkside
    Doubleohseven
    mrsgenehunt
    beca
    intergra1
    chelsea55
    Ali08?
    Elnino09
    hipbones
    testarossa1
    suziesayso
    tangovictor?
    waawaa
    p365
    merseyside
    Eldudenno
    tfitzgerald
    nickni

Just adding my name to the ever growing list...just in case i dont get in this time round lol

imagine a load of us all get into the same squad, all walking roung callin each other PYG and p365 and Peggysues mama, drill instructors wont no what hit them!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

imagine a load of us all get into the same squad, all walking roung callin each other PYG and p365 and Peggysues mama, drill instructors wont no what hit them!! ;)

I imagine they'd be well used to it after the March intake. There are about 18 boardies on it. :D

Hey,

I am working in the US at the moment, have been here for the last 18 months and am returning to the 'Motherland' on March 26th (Visa is up):( so I'm just wondering if I apply on the 5th how soon after could you get called to attend for IST?

To be honest I have not told 'The Old Fella' yet that I'm applying so I don't want him opening any of my post until I get home. He'd just freak out and worry, I'm from the South and RC.

If only he knew what I have seen in Los Angeles over the 18 months. Policing is very 'Robust' out here.

P365

carlty888 wrote: »
    I imagine they'd be well used to it after the March intake. There are about 18 boardies on it. :D

good stuff, were taking over!! we should get some boardies into deloitte or new jobs as instrustors in HGV, give us an easier time!!

P365 wrote: »
    Hey,

I am working in the US at the moment, have been here for the last 18 months and am returning to the 'Motherland' on March 26th (Visa is up):( so I'm just wondering if I apply on the 5th how soon after could you get called to attend for IST?

To be honest I have not told 'The Old Fella' yet that I'm applying so I don't want him opening any of my post until I get home. He'd just freak out and worry, I'm from the South and RC.

If only he knew what I have seen in Los Angeles over the 18 months. Policing is very 'Robust' out here.

P365

recruitments still open til 4th april or thereabouts so you wont get the letter til after id think??

• Advertisement

Oh thats perfect should be back in time then. Thanks Beca. You're up late.

P365 wrote: »
    Oh thats perfect should be back in time then. Thanks Beca. You're up late.

as always! doesnt help when im unemployed and on the dole!! ;)

no reason to be up early so i was out in town with my friends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Canuck4PSNI

This is my second time around. That Numerical reasoning test kick me in the arse! This time around I'm actually living here in Northern Ireland

This is my second time around. That Numerical reasoning test kick me in the arse! This time around I'm actually living here in Northern Ireland

my brother did the same tests for fire service and they were all advised to do 11+ practise papers!!

my brother did the same tests for fire service and they were all advised to do 11+ practise papers!!

they do help. i posted on here before bout them helpin. i did a few and some of the questions are similiar to the ones on the ist!!

About 12 hours to C15 kick off. Best of luck everyone!

• Advertisement

About 12 hours to C15 kick off. Best of luck everyone!

Is it too early to load the page and refresh it every minute to see if I can apply yet. Maybe 8.45am will be time enough for all that. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bc84

spose you can count me in again for this debacle that is the psni recruitment process. seriously had to drag myself back on after throwing thr head up with the year long wait of the last campaign. but hey, fingers crossed eh

Penis Eye wrote: »
    they do help. i posted on here before bout them helpin. i did a few and some of the questions are similiar to the ones on the ist!!

good stuff, theres hope for me yet i got an A at 11+ :D

ill get cracking on them tomorow whilst im still an unemployed bum!

Good luck one and all throwing their hats into the ring again today:D

Lady Moderator, I shall text you when the deed is done!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I might reapply. Just to stick with tradition. :D

You never know... I may need it if I cock-up at Garnerville. :eek:

I wonder what the policy is for those who get the boot? Are they allowed to reapply straight away? I suppose it depends on the reasons behind the departure. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement