Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C15- who's up for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

nickni wrote: »
    Papayankeegirl
    Peggysue's mama
    Smyff
    Jclegs
    Mustbecrazy?
    Mhairt
    darkside
    Doubleohseven
    mrsgenehunt
    beca
    intergra1
    chelsea55
    Ali08?

hipbones
    testarossa1
    suziesayso
    tangovictor?
    waawaa
    p365
    merseyside
    Eldudenno
    tfitzgerald
    Emz2009

Just adding my name to the ever growing list...just in case i dont get in this time round lol

Whoo hoo - Nickini andElnino - need not reapply - congratulations again guys - anyone else lucky enough to be taken of the list that I've missed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

hi all ,i found this website usefull go to it and type in interview help ,interview questions ect and if you search enough you will get some good advice http://www.scribd.com/ and remember when you are doing the ist make sure you answer ALL the questions as these are checked by pc you will a=have a 1 in 4 chance of getting them right cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭emz2009

Just wondering anyone else applying to c15 have young babies or children? Or anyone who has got into psni have the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

emz2009 wrote: »
    Just wondering anyone else applying to c15 have young babies or children? Or anyone who has got into psni have the same.

Yep. me again. I have young children. Hoping my wife and I can manage the shifts etc. She works full time as well so will be depending on childcare and the good will of family!!!

Same here family are great arnt they. I have a 9 month old and just wanted to see how people in the same situation have coped with the 4 week placement at gville i know i shouldnt be thinking even that far ahead yet but just thought to ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭tickle_monster

Same here family are great arnt they. I have a 9 month old and just wanted to see how people in the same situation have coped with the 4 week placement at gville i know i shouldnt be thinking even that far ahead yet but just thought to ask!

theres a forum on page two about joining with children if that helps either of you :D

thanks :) I had read that the other day but it was more based on relocating with an older child Im just concerned as my wee one gonna be quite young and staying away from him all week is there any special allowances home duirng the 4 week garniville stay apart from weekends if you dont live too far away i wonder?

thanks :) I had read that the other day but it was more based on relocating with an older child Im just concerned as my wee one gonna be quite young and staying away from him all week is there any special allowances home duirng the 4 week garniville stay apart from weekends if you dont live too far away i wonder?

aww thatd drive you mad being away from him especially being so little! i dont really know but from reading you can leave at night if you sign out and are back in time the next day or if your back at 10 that night! i really dont know, hopefully someone can give you better advice :)

Oh i wouldnt mind that at all be great if you could sign out and be back in the morning again ... even if i only got to see him for a few hours I wouldnt care! I really have to stop getting ahead of myself! that site link i give last night is really hard isnt it! Im gonna have to get a move on lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

Dont want to stay off topic too long..... but by all accounts you can go home at night if you live within a reasonable distance from GV. Not too sure about the first 4 weeks though

Didnt realise this was of topic sorry! Aye its the 4 weeks that im worried about but sure cross that bridge if i come to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

If you want to go home every night during the first 4 weeks you just sign out and go home.... Prefer you to stay but dont make you. Others with family do it! You miss out on lots of craic if you do go home. for lots its not practical re travelling distance etc.

Thanks for the info :) Ive heard all about the crack in g'ville! But Knowing that I can get home to see him is reasuring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭TSG 15

Thanks for the info :) Ive heard all about the crack in g'ville! But Knowing that I can get home to see him is reasuring :)

No worries...:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 overseas

COUNT ME IN FOR C15, in a strange position, first time applying for PSNI but have been through an English forces recruitment process. Passed AC but failed what they call the board interview. Hoping the AC is similar for PSNI so i can hopefully know what to expect. Just got my IST dates so i will concentrate on that for now. Good luck all C15 candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

overseas wrote: »
    COUNT ME IN FOR C15, in a strange position, first time applying for PSNI but have been through an English forces recruitment process. Passed AC but failed what they call the board interview. Hoping the AC is similar for PSNI so i can hopefully know what to expect. Just got my IST dates so i will concentrate on that for now. Good luck all C15 candidates.

Hey. Im a bit like yourself. This is my third time applying for PSNI and I also have a application in full flight with GMP. Should be getting feedback from GMP this week to see if I can progress to AC! I think the ACs are pretty much the same-well im hoping so anyway!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 overseas

Hey. Im a bit like yourself. This is my third time applying for PSNI and I also have a application in full flight with GMP. Should be getting feedback from GMP this week to see if I can progress to AC! I think the ACs are pretty much the same-well im hoping so anyway!!:)

Why GMP if you dont mind me asking??? Mine was Merseyside last year damn board interview got me, Suppose its all good though cause i really want to get into the PSNI.

overseas wrote: »
    Why GMP if you dont mind me asking??? Mine was Merseyside last year damn board interview got me, Suppose its all good though cause i really want to get into the PSNI.

It seems to be one of the more straight forward recruitment processes. The fitness is easier than alot of other forces. Its only a back up option anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 DC Dibble

Im throwing my hat into the ring for this campaign, 1st time trying. If I get it I get it and if I don't I don't. It'll hardly be the end of the world, I'll just try again next campaign. Good luck to everyone.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

Hi everyone count me in for this fun never ending roller coaster. I think i have read every post on this forum over the past few weeks thought it was time i said hi so hi :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Hi everyone count me in for this fun never ending roller coaster. I think i have read every post on this forum over the past few weeks thought it was time i said hi so hi :D
    hello lol. this just your first time applying then is it?!

Seems a good lot of us so far! anyone else got a middle april ist date? Any good links to share??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Slave_To_Sound

smyff wrote: »
    hello lol. this just your first time applying then is it?!
    Yeah I don't expect to get in this time, but i really want to get to the AC stage for the experience so i can do my best next year. Im glad i have found these boards I have got some good advice from them and they have answered pretty much every question I have so I don't have much to post but ill hang around for the journey anyway :D

Yeah I don't expect to get in this time, but i really want to get to the AC stage for the experience so i can do my best next year. Im glad i have found these boards I have got some good advice from them and they have answered pretty much every question I have so I don't have much to post but ill hang around for the journey anyway :D

never know you may surprise yourself and do your best this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Seedy

YES! Come on positivity for my first time applying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CityGirl88

hey evryone! just applied yet again last week there for C15! duno wat will happen though, cos i am still in the pool for C14, duno if am gona get a call though so i thought I would try applying again! Does anybody know if this is ok and if I will get an IST date?

CityGirl88 wrote: »
    hey evryone! just applied yet again last week there for C15! duno wat will happen though, cos i am still in the pool for C14, duno if am gona get a call though so i thought I would try applying again! Does anybody know if this is ok and if I will get an IST date?

Hey, you're sort of like myself. Still in C14 but have applied for c15 just in case! I have recieved an IST date do dont worry!

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

hey if you dont mind me asking where are you in the merit pool?

given1 wrote: »
    hey if you dont mind me asking where are you in the merit pool?

I know the answer! ;)

I know the answer! ;)

lol arnt you such a tease:P

• Advertisement

lol arnt you such a tease:P

Arent I just?!?;):)

Arent I just?!?;):)

lol in the nicest way possible fook of;)

lol in the nicest way possible fook of;)

:(:(:(:(

heya aw cheers for the quick reply! i am quite high up in the pool RC of just a little bit less 1000....shocking i know! Last time I rung was around the end of January and my vetting was still ongoing...believe it or not! lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Seedy

Oh god ill be dead by the time I get my chance to get in :(

heya aw cheers for the quick reply! i am quite high up in the pool RC of just a little bit less 1000....shocking i know! Last time I rung was around the end of January and my vetting was still ongoing...believe it or not! lol.

your by know means ruled out yet, sadie ooo who got the call was accepted for the May intake and he had score mid 800s, id dare say depending on vetting of yopurself and others and any drop outs from R/C theres a chance you could get called for july or august... my m8t was meant to start in April droped out there after his SID he was bit freaked about the security situation which scared me and im sure theres many other R/C thinking the same!

p.s lol my c14 score was much higher and i still didnt receive a dear John, i thought the 50/50 wouldnt even be able to save me:eek:

your by know means ruled out yet, sadie ooo who got the call was accepted for the May intake and he had score mid 800s, id dare say depending on vetting of yopurself and others and any drop outs from R/C theres a chance you could get called for july or august... my m8t was meant to start in April droped out there after his SID he was bit freaked about the security situation which scared me and im sure theres many other R/C thinking the same!

p.s lol my c14 score was much higher and i still didnt receive a dear John, i thought the 50/50 wouldnt even be able to save me:eek:

heya, aw that gives me a bit of hope then!! i would absolutely LOVE IT if i was called for july or august!! right after graduation..but then again as I have said before..(in the words of Kylie Minogue) I Should Be So Lucky! LoL. :pac: well thers always hope...am hoping the fact that I am about to graduate with a degree in Criminology, woman and RC stands by me!
    Got my IST date yesterday...cant do it though...I have an exam that morning! Wrote them a letter though to see if they could reschedule to a later date...fingers crossed!

heya, aw that gives me a bit of hope then!! i would absolutely LOVE IT if i was called for july or august!! right after graduation..but then again as I have said before..(in the words of Kylie Minogue) I Should Be So Lucky! LoL. :pac: well thers always hope...am hoping the fact that I am about to graduate with a degree in Criminology, woman and RC stands by me!
    Got my IST date yesterday...cant do it though...I have an exam that morning! Wrote them a letter though to see if they could reschedule to a later date...fingers crossed!

lol i think that'l all go in your favour:D what is it with people on this board doing degrees in criminology, thats three of us now:) getting that rescheduled shouldnt be a problem.. i think a number of people on the boards are in the process of geting a new date!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 suki600

Hi guys, I have been looking at the boards for a while and decided to sign up. I have also applied for C15,my first ever time applying. Could anyone tell me if many thirty somethings get through, everybody on here seems to be early to mid twenties? I dont want to be like a spare part! Also if you get through all the stages and G'ville would you get posted more than abt 40 miles from home? Cheers and good luck to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

suki600 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have been looking at the boards for a while and decided to sign up. I have also applied for C15,my first ever time applying. Could anyone tell me if many thirty somethings get through, everybody on here seems to be early to mid twenties? I dont want to be like a spare part! Also if you get through all the stages and G'ville would you get posted more than abt 40 miles from home? Cheers and good luck to everyone.

Yes plenty of new recruits are in their thirties and I'm hoping to be one form C15!! Thank god for someone else who remembers the 80's!!!!

I cant answer about distances from your station, perhaps PSNI can pick this one up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭dark side

suki600 wrote: »

Hey there Im in my early 30's applying for the first time - hopefully I won't be in my early 40's by the time I get in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭RoscoPColtrane

Yes plenty of new recruits are in their thirties and I'm hoping to be one form C15!! Thank god for someone else who remembers the 80's!!!!

Are you kidding me?????? I am still sporting the shoulder pads. Some say its not a good look. I however beg to differ. . . :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

i'm not a kick in the tush off 30, so tis a mixed enough group with regards to ages!

Youre telling me PSM. Just lets put it like this. Ive a few good miles in me yet and I want to do something that I have always wanted to. PS. I hope Peggy Sue is of the canine variety or have I got it way wrong????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

yep peggy sue is of the pooch variety..... am goin to have to change her name if i make it to gv they'll know who i am a mile away, never shut up bout her......have turned inot one of those people who talks bout their dog...ooooohhhh noooooo, that is so bad!:p

• Advertisement

Tis OK. Kindred spirit. I give everyone the willies about my dog. Im a nause. What can I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

im not going to say what sort of pets we have loool. one of them died last week though

Terrapins never last that long anyway. . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 suki600

Thanks for replys, feel a bit better now knowing Im not the only one. The Eighties were alright, Nineties far better, what I remember of them! Just trying to get my head round these questions, its been years since I had to do any of this sort of thing.

Noughties are much better though!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement