Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lent

• 26-02-2009 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone using lent to change their ways? Not religious myself, but my wife and Son are giving stuff up, so I've given up eating after 9pm (a real killer for me).

Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Well I decided I usually fall off my healthy eating wagon after a night out so have given up the booze for lent - scary stuff :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'm abstaining from chocolate :( (More to do with the fact that I have the Nationals coming up in April and will need to keep my weight down than for religious beliefs!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ta2liam

i've stopped drinkin (alcohol) but i'd be happy if i last till paddy's day haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I changed my ways 2 weeks before lent so ill just continue it on ;). Drink/sweets/takeaways/anything processed. You do feel alot better for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Gave up alcohol, Chocolate bars and biscuits. Its more for religious reasons than anything else but it should see me eating healthier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Davei141 wrote: »
    I changed my ways 2 weeks before lent so ill just continue it on ;). Drink/sweets/takeaways/anything processed. You do feel alot better for it.

Thats some going Dave. You should be very pleased with yourself if you can keep that up through Lent (and you'll definitely benefit health wise).

Good luck with it man.

There are a few nutrients I just never seem to get on top of with my Diet. Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamen D.
    I'm really bad at remembering supplements but I am going to try to for lent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've decided to give up alcohol, as it might help the old weightloss along! I already turned down a free glass of wine at lunch today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Babybing wrote: »
    Thats some going Dave. You should be very pleased with yourself if you can keep that up through Lent (and you'll definitely benefit health wise).

Good luck with it man.

Thanks. :) Managed it for about 5 months earlier in the year so im looking to do it beyond lent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Might try giving up alcohol... I don't eat enough junk food to make it worth my while giving up and the cigarettes are gone since the start of the year.

Having so few vices this year is weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Khannie wrote: »
    Anyone using lent to change their ways?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Im trying to give up crisps and chocolate :rolleyes::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

marie_85 wrote: »
    Having so few vices this year is weird.

Same! It took me ages to pick something. It felt very weird. Like I should add some vice to my life. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

So good to have the money saved to give to the needy too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Come on lads its ment to be sufferage you are givin up for weight reasons, Try giving up sex from what I see on the forum that wont be hard(pardon the pun) as most men dont get it anyway

" Marriage is the best contraceptive invented"

Jasus

"Movin in is the best contraceptive invented and then she invites her mom around"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

This not eating after 9pm thing is working out a treat I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Giving up snacking as I had got quite bad and it was affecting my weight loss. So back to just fruit if I want a snack. Seem to be doing ok, especially with the biscuits which were always the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

Had my first night out not drinking on Saturday. Wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. Loved waking up with a clear head on Sunday morning and even better, with money in my purse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Im off chocolate and fizzy drinks! Not too hard though cause I never had a lot of either, feel like I should have tried harder :o

Advertisement