Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The old question... Which network...

• 26-02-2009 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

ok on bill pay with vodafone for the last 2 years. noticed my bills are creeping up and not particularly happy with it! getting the nokia 5800 soon but on which network is my question...

paying on average 120 euro a month for my bill. 180 on a bad month.

usually text a good bit and have about 10 calls a day. also call france alot so an international package addon is a need to bring costs down..

with the nokia 5800 i figure ill use the net more so a broadband addon mite be useful.

which network to go for? im currently on vodafone 400 the old plan.

looking at vodafone i can drop down a plan and get everthing but bb for 74 euro.

with o2 i think i can get everything but the international for 82 euro. but has less text message. 100 to be exact. bb is 1gb thou..

havent looked at meteor or 3

so anyone have any recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Consider O2 and use 1call.ie for the Intl calls.
    O2 will also allow free webtexts to France and Cabbage to use these from your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ardmacha wrote: »
    and Cabbage to use these from your phone.

confuse the poor guy why don't ya :D

this is cabbage:
    http://cabbagetexter.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Thanks for clearing that up! was thinking i was eating cabbage! and how that affected my phone i dont know! :)

1call.ie never heard of it before. do you have to know how long your call will be before ringing the number? does you get charged for the call even if you finish the call early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

does you get charged for the call even if you finish the call early?

Yes, you get charged even if the other side doesn't answer. It is a bit inflexible, but if you are calling family or friends then you might know when they would be there or dial a regular call for a couple of secs and then call back. Not so easy if ringing for business etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    confuse the poor guy why don't ya :D

this is cabbage:
    http://cabbagetexter.com

In fairness who named it that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

someone who likes cabbage ALOT maybe! :)

So no takers for stayin with vodafone then!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

davton wrote: »
    In fairness who named it that :D

i was sitting around with some mates and i asked them what i should call it and one of them said a random word taking the piss. and here we are nearly two years later :D

Advertisement