Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Repayment Protector/ Redundancy Insurance cover

Options
  • 26-02-2009 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Just wondering what the wisest thing to do about Mortgage Repayment Protector or Redundancy Insurance cover...

I am worried about being made redundant (like half the country I know!) and wondering what type of policy is best to take out to cover the mortgage if the worst happens.

Should I steer away from the Policies offered by my lender?
    I am worried about putting all my eggs in one basket, like if the bank turns up toxic then any cover they would have given would surely be useless?

I saw a few dodgy ones on Google who when you dig down (cro.ie and whois.com) seem to be just individuals who would seem to be untraceable...

Can anyone advise.

Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I am worried about being made redundant (like half the country I know!) and wondering what type of policy is best to take out to cover the mortgage if the worst happens.

That makes it void in the event you want to claim!

I looked into it last month and when I told them what I did I was told you reason to suspect that you would be let go in the next 6 months so it wouldnt pay out.

Its a gimmick as far as I can tell and it makes it very hard to claim

Advertisement