Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip :)

Options
  • 26-02-2009 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Well since the other Leixlip page is now locked, thought it might be a good idea to make a new one?

Anyway, I left Leixlip about 3 years ago and have only came back a few times since. I can relate to all the issue's in the other thread, the other age drinking one's that is. Will i ever forget them days.
    I used to live down in the Farend side of the town (Real Leixlip!!) and was wondering has there been any changes in the past 3/4 years?

Is the local rivalry still on? as in this hiller/Farender business? just curious! It was huge back when i lived in Leixlip, many the nights after the hitching post there would be war. ha the good aul days :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

Nobody goes out in Leixlip anymore,... not even to have a fight!

Though the Courtyard is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

well you do have ozone there when people are too lazy to go into town. Ive only been there twice and been living in the area on and off for 13 years. Dive if you ask me.

Ya court yard is good for a reasonably quite night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

We all hate the ozone....think it's been renamed this week though. Still be as bad as ever.

The hill/farender thing is a pure age thing. Lads, who as kids were squaring up to people from the other side now sit down and drink together.

Just as an aside though, i've always found it funny how far enders call themselves real Leixlip.... even your name says you're from the far end... Which means confey is closer to the town, and therefore by defination we're better!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

gatecrash wrote: »
    Just as an aside though, i've always found it funny how far enders call themselves real Leixlip.... even your name says you're from the far end... Which means confey is closer to the town, and therefore by defination we're better!! :D

Take this into account.

Train stops:

Leixlip
    Leixlip Confey.

I thought the 2 stops are Leixlip Confey and Leixlip Louisa Bridge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

confey is a separate place to leixlip. just easier to lump it all in together. confey has its share of historical places, it's just that the far end got built up more quicker, and the hill was kinda used when ye ran out of space.

Let the fight begin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    well you do have ozone there when people are too lazy to go into town. Ive only been there twice and been living in the area on and off for 13 years. Dive if you ask me.

Ya court yard is good for a reasonably quite night out

Ozone is going under renovations at the moment, i won't lie, it did turn into a dive when they started letting just about anyone into the place. But apparently there's all sorts of plans for the new "club Zinc"

Theres going to be an over 25s section, over in the corner where the small bar used to be, with massage chairs and PlayStation threes. Pool tables on the second floor, where they used to have functions and the roof is the new smoking area/beer garden with bar.

Its being completely refitted and changed around, they're hoping to open some of it this weekend.

The above has come from a friend who was in there on Saturday, chatting to Thomas Hanningan (owners son/manager)

I'm hoping they'll start being stricter on the sort of people they let in, towards the end it had turned into a complete knacker fest

Ozone is going under renovations at the moment, i won't lie, it did turn into a dive when they started letting just about anyone into the place. But apparently there's all sorts of plans for the new "club Zinc"

Theres going to be an over 25s section, over in the corner where the small bar used to be, with massage chairs and PlayStation threes. Pool tables on the second floor, where they used to have functions and the roof is the new smoking area/beer garden with bar.

Its being completely refitted and changed around, they're hoping to open some of it this weekend.

The above has come from a friend who was in there on Saturday, chatting to Thomas Hanningan (owners son/manager)

I'm hoping they'll start being stricter on the sort of people they let in, towards the end it had turned into a complete knacker fest

if they're having pool tables/cues there they'll bloody have to be stricter. used to be ennough fights there without giving those idiots weapons!!!

if they're having pool tables/cues there they'll bloody have to be stricter. used to be ennough fights there without giving those idiots weapons!!!

That was my thoughts, but i'm guessing since there only on the second level, they'll probably be quite strictly looked after, its not a huge place up stairs. But i agree with you, they'll need to be strict.

• Advertisement

Is there an actual dress code there? They have to find some grounds on refusing entry there. Can't really say locals only toninte :pac:
    Not worth it, I will stay clear of that place. Rather hang out in Maynooth, Lucan or City Centre.

That was my thoughts, but i'm guessing since there only on the second level, they'll probably be quite strictly looked after, its not a huge place up stairs. But i agree with you, they'll need to be strict.

haven't been upstairs there in about 10 years. Then again the last time i was there was the rockafella's reunion at christmas. that was a great night, good laugh but everyone was just out to have a good time. 2 cops i know were saying it was a quiet night for them, none of the usual hassle...just a bunch of very merry 30+ year olds having a laugh

haven't been upstairs there in about 10 years. Then again the last time i was there was the rockafella's reunion at christmas. that was a great night, good laugh but everyone was just out to have a good time. 2 cops i know were saying it was a quiet night for them, none of the usual hassle...just a bunch of very merry 30+ year olds having a laugh

Thats the last time i was there aswell, it was good craic. Friend of mine who works for the Hanningans organised the idea, we all agreed it worked well so said it'll probably happen every Christmas.

Thats the last time i was there aswell, it was good craic. Friend of mine who works for the Hanningans organised the idea, we all agreed it worked well so said it'll probably happen every Christmas.

seems we both have the same friend then!!

seems we both have the same friend then!!

Is this person getting married shortly? Just make sure we're thinking of the same guy :P

Is this person getting married shortly? Just make sure we're thinking of the same guy :P

yeah he is...were ya down in Galway with them? I couldn't make it, had to feckin work.

yeah he is...were ya down in Galway with them? I couldn't make it, had to feckin work.

No, i wasn't. But i was talking to them all yesterday in the Riverforest and they said it was pretty mental :)

No, i wasn't. But i was talking to them all yesterday in the Riverforest and they said it was pretty mental :)

That lot? was always gonna be mental!!

might find out a bit about it tonight, the post piss up footy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kilmac

Has anyone been to Zinc yet? I have been living in Leixlip for 4 and a half years and I am from Cork I don't know many people around so I thought i would check this thing out to see what Leixlip has to say for itself. I am very amused at the Hiller Farender thing I have read in some posts nothing like a bit of rivalry between the sides Ill be watching out next time I venture up the Hill. I have been to the NO Zone twice in my defence no option on both occasions birthdays etc. Much to my horror a creche fest!!! :mad: Any glimmer of hope that they have become a little more selective would be a welcome change. With the big "R" in full swing it would be handy not to have to go to town all the time cause it costs a bomb. Apologies if this post is not in the right place joined boards last year but only used it a couple of times so haven't a clue what the rules are. So if I am out of line could someone politely shove me in the right direction.:)

No havent been yet, but might go sometime with few mates. Same people going though so I dont see how it will be any different

• Advertisement

Ah thats a bit disappointing I was getting my Culchie hopes up. There is nowhere to go apart from town if your on the mature side of 25. Although the Courtyard is a grand place for a few drinks especially durong the summer but not if you want a night on the tiles. I guess Ill just have to get the glad rags on and have a peek for myself over the BH Thanks for reply. :)

kilmac wrote: »
    Ah thats a bit disappointing I was getting my Culchie hopes up. There is nowhere to go apart from town if your on the mature side of 25. Although the Courtyard is a grand place for a few drinks especially durong the summer but not if you want a night on the tiles. I guess Ill just have to get the glad rags on and have a peek for myself over the BH Thanks for reply. :)

Club Zinc has a bar for over 25s now, you get a stamp when you go in. There's Playstation 3s in there apparently.

There's Playstation 3s in there apparently.

Ha ya just don't bring the missus with ya! :P

Club Zinc has a bar for over 25s now, you get a stamp when you go in. There's Playstation 3s in there apparently.
    Not a big one for the playstations while on the lash but I'd give it a go for the laugh the over 25 sounds great seen it on an earlier post. What does the stamp say "over the hill" :D

Would be a good laugh although I think a pool table would work better and there would be arguements about sharing the playstation! Of course not that 25year olds would be so childish.....while locked :D

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Would be a good laugh although I think a pool table would work better and there would be arguements about sharing the playstation! Of course not that 25year olds would be so childish.....while locked :D

Well Pool Table Rules of Ettiqutte are pretty well established. As for the over 25's bit? A colleague in work came in yesterday with her over 25's stamp.... shame she's barely 20.
    She told me that the girl just gave her the stamp as she came through the doors....

A colleague in work came in yesterday with her over 25's stamp.... shame she's barely 20.
    She told me that the girl just gave her the stamp as she came through the doors....

So over 25's ya, seems like it's the same as the old place, let me guess...anyone under 18 gets to go into the normal place, anyone over 18 can go into over 25. Maybe that's there plan all along!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Is it members only this thursday??Few lads got a txt saying that and its open from 9.30 -12

Well Pool Table Rules of Ettiqutte are pretty well established. As for the over 25's bit? A colleague in work came in yesterday with her over 25's stamp.... shame she's barely 20.

Great there goes that then !!!! What a shame can't say the hopes were up too high all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Yeah the 25's thing is a bit of a joke. I'm 26 and thought that was a mint idea (always seats etc.) but they're fairly lax with that. On the plus side, they are giving out memberships this weekend. Anyone heading there tonight? Sound off!!

Advertisement