Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leixlip :)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

its all hype at the minute but in a few weeks itll all have died down again.it does look very smart inside though.i just wish it was over 20/21's and they enforced it.then id happily go.had a good night in it last week but the crowd hasnt changed.still lettin the scum in that come from lucan/clondalkin/blanch etc and the kiddies.a 17/18 yr old wont spend as much on booze as a 22-24 yr old so why they let them in ill never know.its stops the older crowd from going.

was funny last week.theres flat screens all over the place that show the signs of the ozone/rock-a-fellas/ninjas-the places they owned down the yrs.anyway after a while it must of broke or stopped so a screensaver came on.about 15 screens with windows XP on them.was like a microsoft shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Having spent some time in Leixlip recently it seems like a nice enough place. Can't really see anything wrong with it except that as a small enough town it lacks the amenities of larger towns. But it's right beside Maynooth and Lucan and on the train to Dublin.

Really surprised reading about previous town "feuds" there. I gave someone a lift to a conference at the Springfield Hotel recently and had 4 hours to kill wandering around Leixlip. Only noticed one estate which gave the impression of potential "trouble", (looking at a map now it may have been St. Mary's Park?) but didn't see anything which gave the impression of "anti-social behaviour", etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

donaghs wrote: »
    Having spent some time in Leixlip recently it seems like a nice enough place. Can't really see anything wrong with it except that as a small enough town it lacks the amenities of larger towns. But it's right beside Maynooth and Lucan and on the train to Dublin.

Really surprised reading about previous town "feuds" there. I gave someone a lift to a conference at the Springfield Hotel recently and had 4 hours to kill wandering around Leixlip. Only noticed one estate which gave the impression of potential "trouble", (looking at a map now it may have been St. Mary's Park?) but didn't see anything which gave the impression of "anti-social behaviour", etc.

Mary's Park? doubt it.

It was probably the back end of Riverforest..they're so far from the shops down there that they eat their young!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

df1985 wrote: »
    its all hype at the minute but in a few weeks itll all have died down again.it does look very smart inside though.i just wish it was over 20/21's and they enforced it.then id happily go.had a good night in it last week but the crowd hasnt changed.still lettin the scum in that come from lucan/clondalkin/blanch etc and the kiddies.a 17/18 yr old wont spend as much on booze as a 22-24 yr old so why they let them in ill never know.its stops the older crowd from going.

Im sure all the 17/18 year olds moan about all the old people in the place!

What are Glendale and Riverdale like as places to live? Having walked around them they seem grand, very nice. I noticed story though from a bit of googling: http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/0426/leixlip.html (man beaten by gang of teenagers in unprovoked attack).
    It may be a one-off, but does look unpleasant?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

What are Glendale and Riverdale like as places to live? Having walked around them they seem grand, very nice. I noticed story though from a bit of googling: http://www.rte.ie/news/2003/0426/leixlip.html (man beaten by gang of teenagers in unprovoked attack).
    It may be a one-off, but does look unpleasant?

I'm living in glendale, love it there.gonna have to move out soon though, as i'm buying by myself. Would love to be able to pick something up there but not too sure... only a few houses for sale.

Don't know riverdale that well but it's a nice estate.

that incident was 6 years ago, and as with all towns there are a few little sods intent on causing trouble. I wouldn't let it put you off.

Any thoughts on the Oaklawn West estate of Leixlip? I've had a good look around most of Leixlip and really like it. But haven't seen Oaklawn. From brochures the houses look good, and it's handy for Louisa Bridge station.

I noticed that the houses there are have cheaper guide prices than other parts of Leixlip. Is there anything to watch out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

anyone know the name of the pub across from the zinc nightclub?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭portumna

anyone know the name of the pub across from the zinc nightclub?

The Rye Vale Tavern or Darkie Moores. There's 2 names on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

portumna wrote: »
    The Rye Vale Tavern or Darkie Moores. There's 2 names on it.

ah thats why i was confused!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Spiderman80884

Any thoughts on the Oaklawn West estate of Leixlip? I've had a good look around most of Leixlip and really like it. But haven't seen Oaklawn. From brochures the houses look good, and it's handy for Louisa Bridge station.

I noticed that the houses there are have cheaper guide prices than other parts of Leixlip. Is there anything to watch out for?

I was brought up in Oaklawn West and tbh I couldn't say a bad word about it. It was built in 1970 AFAIK and my folks still live there. The houses are pretty spacious and it's quite close to anything you will need.

Possibly the houses that are cheaper there are because they need some work to be done to them. A friend of mine rented a house there for a while and it looked like it hadn't been decorated since 1982.

I'd say a lot of the residents there though have been there since the beginning and have raised their families as there doesn't seem to be the same buzz around them as some of the newer estates where the residents are younger and have kids running about the place, or certainly the same buzz about them since I remember it as a kid.

Advertisement