Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30k for 3 months

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Mellor wrote: »
    is 30k possible in 3 months, yes, quite easily. It works out at $2300 or so a week, I know quite a few guys who have cleared this weekly for a while. But these were obviously perple with qualifications, skills, experience, and who put in **** loads of overtime.

Will you walk into one of these jobs with no experience. No, of course not. simple common sense tells you that.

+1

It can be done easily and it doesnt have to include sh!tloads of OT, just an ample amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Getting consistant overtime for 3 months = ****loads for me.
    Really wish more was available :(

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

For a skilled farm worker, 30 K is definitely possible (before tax) IME.

You need alot of uncontrollable factors to be in your favour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

Hmmmm
    might have to rethink my plan of going back out to australia:eek:

but seriously guys i can remember working in the airport in sydney in 1991 and getting $38 an hour as a shuttering carpenter, i also worked in some ****ty town about 3hours south of sydney for $45 an hour and also getting $40 an hour out in homebush this was 20years ago. ok these were exceptional jobs and the normal rate was $25-$30 an hour.
    iam hoping to get out to perth sonn enough, i have a brother out there who is a carpenter and he tells me that formworkers are getting $50+ an hour. also most formwork jobs consist of 5x12hr shifts and a half day saturday (if you are lucky).

my summarry
    i would be dissapointed if you couldn't make 30k in 3 months :)

sponge_bob wrote: »
    iam hoping to get out to perth sonn enough, i have a brother out there who is a carpenter and he tells me that formworkers are getting $50+ an hour. also most formwork jobs consist of 5x12hr shifts and a half day saturday (if you are lucky).

my summarry
    i would be dissapointed if you couldn't make 30k in 3 months :)

Easy

See post #9 and that was shuttering 2 years ago, there is already a big job started on the M2 upgrade last month just hasnt got into full swing yet but is at least 2 years worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Apparently working at a winery for vintage season can pull you about 15-20k over 3 months. I know a couple doing it at the moment and they hope to walk about with about 30k between them.

Long ass hours though and I think you have to sign up for it about 6 months in advance. Due to the high yield in pay, there are always bucket loads of people going for it too.

Feelgood wrote: »
    Apparently working at a winery for vintage season can pull you about 15-20k over 3 months. I know a couple doing it at the moment and they hope to walk about with about 30k between them.

Long ass hours though and I think you have to sign up for it about 6 months in advance. Due to the high yield in pay, there are always bucket loads of people going for it too.

If that also counts as 3 months rural work then watch your inbox fill with PMs of people looking the details.

Advertisement