Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland, the economic stoogies of Europe...

Options
  • 26-02-2009 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Ok, before I start, let me say out loudly and clearly that I voted NO for Lisbon and I'll be voting NO again should I be asked...

I've voted NO, because I don't like what I see coming from Europe, where we vote NO and are continually asked to vote again on the same deal until we vote yes. To me, I am not interested in what is in the Lisbon Treaty, for as long as I see this entirely undemocratic approach to the ratification of EU treaties.

Having said that, if the EU was more respectful of our particular constituency, I would vote yes on the basis of what is in the treaty itself.

Let's just look at what is happening here...

We are paranoid about the EU interfering with our 12.5% rate of Corporation Tax and this was apparently a major reason given by the no side on the last occasion, so we told them to shove their treaty up their ars*.

But now that we are in the economic manure business, we are looking to our European neighbours and the ECB, to bail us out if we default!?!?!?!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2009/0226/breaking30.htm

Does this not make us Irish look like the retard nation of Europe???

"Don't think you are touching our tax rates..." 9 months later... "Oh Jasus wait hang on a minute, we can't pay our bills, you're gonna have to bail us out lads!"....

There is only one word for this: IRISH.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Well we are the economic bad boys of Europe so why shouldn't they treat us like that?

We disregard the rest of the union when it suits us and think they aren't social if they won't do anything to benefit us.

We want it both ways and thats just stupid. Being part of union requires compromise. The no to Lisbon was Ireland demonstrating that we will only compromise when we need something additional to everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

To your last question: Yes we do look the retard nation of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I've voted NO, because I don't like what I see coming from Europe, where we vote NO and are continually asked to vote again on the same deal until we vote yes. To me, I am not interested in what is in the Lisbon Treaty, for as long as I see this entirely undemocratic approach to the ratification of EU treaties.

That opinion is why we look like a pack of "retards", nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Ok, before I start, let me say out loudly and clearly that I voted NO for Lisbon and I'll be voting NO again should I be asked...

Wait...you voted No in the first referendum because "we vote NO and are continually asked to vote again on the same deal until we vote yes"?

confused,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Wait...you voted No in the first referendum because "we vote NO and are continually asked to vote again on the same deal until we vote yes"?

confused,
    Scofflaw

It was a test :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Amberman

Meh....wouldn't worry about it too much...we arent even half way through this crisis and already the key players are openly discussing whether or not the Eurozone will even survive.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a2JbfmRZSr7A&refer=home

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Portia 27

It is called using Delphi Technique to get enough people to vote the right way.

It is a famous tactic of Common Purpose, which few people know about.

Facilitators are put in the "right" places to get the job done.

They stop at nothing to get what they want, and I mean nothing.

Some of the graduates have taken over county councils , HSE, etc.

It is a secret organisation- providing so called leadership courses, but it has Chatham House rules whereby the programmed graduates obey their master- EU.

Portia 27 wrote: »
    It is called using Delphi Technique to get enough people to vote the right way.

It is a famous tactic of Common Purpose, which few people know about.

Facilitators are put in the "right" places to get the job done.

They stop at nothing to get what they want, and I mean nothing.

Some of the graduates have taken over county councils , HSE, etc.

It is a secret organisation- providing so called leadership courses, but it has Chatham House rules whereby the programmed graduates obey their master- EU.

On behalf of both sides of the debate, I'll request that you save the conspiracy theories for the Conspiracy Theory forum.

politely,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Amberman

Where does this go? Conspiracy forum where all those crazy people hang out? ;)

Scofflaw wrote: »
    On behalf of both sides of the debate, I'll request that you save the conspiracy theories for the Conspiracy Theory forum.

politely,
    Scofflaw

write to Bruce Arnold and allow him to clarify for you.

And I shall copy this, and you tell me you were right in 2012.

• Advertisement

Amberman wrote: »

Where does this go? Conspiracy forum where all those crazy people hang out? ;)

Thank you for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

Meh....wouldn't worry about it too much...we arent even half way through this crisis and already the key players are openly discussing whether or not the Eurozone will even survive.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a2JbfmRZSr7A&refer=home

hahah its from an american. do you actually trust them?

why else are iceland and now hungary begging to become members?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

interesting shtuff

Hmm. OK, well, let me repeat the comment about this not being CT in a more definite way.

definitely,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement