Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What broadband services can I get in my new apartment?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm just about to move into a new apartment in the Milltown, Dublin area and I'm wondering what broadband services I might be able to get. There is an NTL cable socket in the apartment (actually it says 'Cablelink' on it !) I assume the cable service is somehow shared with the other apartments in the block. Would I be able to get broadband along this ?

There is also another socket in the room that looks a bit like a phone socket except the place where the springy plastic bit on the plug goes is on the short edge of the socket rather than the long edge like you would normally expect. Is this a standard phone socket or some kind of strange pbx thing that won't work for broadband? It would be nice to be able to get BT on this as I've had no problems with their service previously and already have their wireless router.

Anyway, thanks for any help.

Advertisement