Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholewheat Bread

• 26-02-2009 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Anyone recommend some decent and readily available whole wheat breads?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Most recommend mc cambridges. I like it, it does have wheat flour in it, but I think it is just a little bit to start off the yeast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭memo_to_all

rubadub wrote: »
    Most recommend mc cambridges. I like it, it does have wheat flour in it, but I think it is just a little bit to start off the yeast.

McCambridges/Gills/Aldi own label/Lidls own label.....all equally as good as one another (if you know what I mean).

McNamees from up North is another good one.

Theres wheat flour in all but no yeast. These breads are chemically leavened ( bread soda and butter milk).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Blazing Salads Bakery on Drury St. do a mighty organic whole wheat loaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

rubadub wrote: »

I love McCambridges as well! Though it says yeast free on the packaging???
    It's the only bread that doesn't give me a food coma afterward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

try the LifeFibre Co stuff (Hi Fibre & Seed):
    http://www.abreadlessordinary.ie/products.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Theres wheat flour in all but no yeast.
    Mink wrote: »
    I love McCambridges as well! Though it says yeast free on the packaging???

My mistake!, I wondered why it used wheatflour and could only presume it was the same yeast used in all breads in the factory, dunno why they use it so.
    McCambridge Irish Stoneground Wholewheat Bread has many benefits including:
    It is yeast free.
    It contains no added sugar.
    It is low in fat.
    It is high in dietary fibre.
    It freezes excellently. This is particularly important when buying on-line because you may need to freeze some of the consignment for use at a later stage.
    It is packaged in a convenient resealable bag. You can use this bag to keep the product fresh once opened.
    http://www.mccambridge.ie/product1.asp?pagename=product

Advertisement