Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 2009

• 26-02-2009 2:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if this game is out tomorrow or not? Have seen some sites say May or June others saying release date 27/02.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

ign says feb 27, i went into gamestop in dun laoghaire and thay said they havent got a realse date,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

cd wow has 27th but amazon and play say later in the year, its a bit of an unknown at the minute!

yeah is it a bit unknown my guess it will probly be end of march, i cant wait im a huge ufc fan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is no date out for it yet. Eurogamer says "Spring 2009" and GameFAQs says "Q2 for USA", no date for Europe. I'd say its still a few months away.

http://www.eurogamer.net/game/ufc-2009-undisputed-xbox360
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/data/949120.html

I really don't think it will be out on the 27th.

Massive fan here too but i dont think end of March if it isnt out tomorrow, most sites are saying May or June unfortunately if not tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Dyaso

brought back to 29 of may from what uv read and play.com has it on pre-order for that date. seems like ive been waiting for its release for years

ahhhh too long to wait, didnt dana white say it would be out in europe before usa ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It will be out in May. They will wait for the friday before a big event.

Cant wait it looks awesome, GREAT fighters lined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah no way, I've been looking forward to the 27th for the past 3 or 4 weeks....I trusted IGN to have a proper UK/Ireland release date.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Ah no way, I've been looking forward to the 27th for the past 3 or 4 weeks....I trusted IGN to have a proper UK/Ireland release date.

maybe it will be out tommorrow who knows ill be checking anyway just in case

• Advertisement

maybe it will be out tommorrow who knows ill be checking anyway just in case

Did you not say above you went into gamestop and they didnt have a release date for it??:confused:
    I cant imagine them not knowing or having a release date if it was out tomorrow they would already have it in stock more than likely and be putting it on the shelves in the morning.

obviously there are more shops that sell games other than game stop

Obviously but they are nationwide and I would think fairly aware if a game was due for release tomorrow, I would imagine the fact they dont have a release date would suggest it hasnt been finalised yet and will be later in the year unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If it was out tomorrow Play.com would have it in stock. Instead they have it listen for release on the 29th of May. A much more likely release date.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/5822257/UFC-2009-Undisputed/Product.html

Axwell wrote: »
    Obviously but they are nationwide and I would think fairly aware if a game was due for release tomorrow, I would imagine the fact they dont have a release date would suggest it hasnt been finalised yet and will be later in the year unfortunately.

yeah man your right but i still hope :), may seems realistic but hmv.co.uk have it for pre order for a march 29th release date , you think that could be right ?, ufc.com have an preview of the game on there website now too,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i cant wait that long. Im going to start practicing on the street while im waiting ha ha.

seanybiker wrote: »
    i cant wait that long. Im going to start practicing on the street while im waiting ha ha.

ha ha yeah man lets go beat some people up kimbo style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Any ideas on how the gameplay is shaping up? I remember playing one on the Dreamcast years ago and it was next to impossible. You start the fight, are just about to press the "kick" button and before you can even blink twice, the oppenent has already got you strangled into unconsciousness with his thighs. :D

ha ha yeah man lets go beat some people up kimbo style
    Might go into town later and see if i can get a bouncer to tap out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Hi Lads, this game looks likely to be out on 02/06/09 and no earlier imo. That 27th FEB is a fantasy release date, it was never going to be out then. There is now a UFC UNDISPUTED offical website and it explains that THQ haven't put out a release date yet, however many game shops have put the date also to the 02/06/09 so there must be something to it

Might go into town later and see if i can get a bouncer to tap out

yeah let him take you down and put em in a triangle , lights out for him:)

JokerD wrote: »
    this game looks likely to be out on 02/06/09

:mad: cock :mad:

DarkJager wrote: »
    Any ideas on how the gameplay is shaping up? I remember playing one on the Dreamcast years ago and it was next to impossible. You start the fight, are just about to press the "kick" button and before you can even blink twice, the oppenent has already got you strangled into unconsciousness with his thighs. :D

I believe some of the gameplay will be quite complex, so anyone who takes the effort of learning the moves will get rewarded. Also the game won't be a button basher which is also pleasing. There is so much I've read about the gameplay(too little time to write it all:()but if you go over to Sherdog and stick UFC UNDISPUTED in the search engine then there is reviews from guys who've already played it and they say its unreal:D

yeah let him take you down and put em in a triangle , lights out for him:)
    thats it boy. If your around waterford at some stage we will have a 2 player. See how good we do.

:mad: cock :mad:

tell me about it:( but the gameplay is looking better with every new video so they are taking their time, lets hope its worth it

thats it boy. If your around waterford at some stage we will have a 2 player. See how good we do.

yeah man cool, add my gamertag give u a game when it comes out, im playin street fighter 4 now, or anyone here thats a ufc fan :)

JokerD wrote: »
    tell me about it:( but the gameplay is looking better with every new video so they are taking their time, lets hope its worth it

Yeah, it does look absolutely brilliant. The graphics look to be as good as those of Fight Night, which were amazing. For it to be pushed back for 3 months is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Last time I trust IGN with release dates. Think I might pick up the new Smackdown second hand for around 30, or 35 if I can find it that cheap, instead.

Yeah, it does look absolutely brilliant. The graphics look to be as good as those of Fight Night, which were amazing. For it to be pushed back for 3 months is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Last time I trust IGN with release dates. Think I might pick up the new Smackdown second hand for around 30, or 35 if I can find it that cheap, instead.

I'd like to think I'm well informed on the game so I'd say that release date is pretty accurate, the fighters look so realistic, there is a new video up of Lesnar V Mir and its quality. From everything I've read about the game physics, it is possible I might never leave the house when it comes out:D

• Advertisement

On the UFC Undisputed website forum there is talk of a demo being released around the 19th of April, if thats the case then the game surely wont be too long after that so fingers crossed for a release early may.

Advertisement