Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 2009

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm fcuking sick of absolutely dominating fights only to be submitted!

Happened me 4 times in a row last night against one lad. I'd hammer him for 2 rounds, dominating him on the ground (he didn't know to how stop reversals) and then he'd got a submission in the last.

I was careful to keep my stamina at least the same as his at all times, even picked Maia who has a submission defense of 92... no difference

It's fine if a flash submission happens one every so often, but every time is a bit much. It just seems like a magic win button.

Whats best to use, the buttons or the stick to escape? I've tried both but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I know the stick is supposed to give you a higher chance of escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

This game is an absolute joke online, all I'm getting is clowns with their little turbo controllers and a cross between Superman and the Incredible Hulk as their created character.

Firstly, I fight as Mir against CroCrop, I'm demolishing the guy and have his stamina bar at zero but CroCrop is easing out of the submissions, TIME AFTER TIME, AFTER TIME.I get knocked out with a headkick.

Secondly, I fight as Koscheck V GSP, the guy barely gets a punch in for the first two mins, my stamina bar is full, I take him down, he goes for a submission and then my stamina bars runs down quicker than Usain Bolt running for a bus. I lose.

Thirdly, I play as Griffin against a created character, we'll call him The Incredible Superman for arguments sake, I destroy him all fight, get his bars down to zero, once again he practically laughs at my submissions while checking himself out on the big screen. I hit him so many times I'd say he thought he was surrounded but lose due to his freak like attributes.

That is all:cool:

Oh, and may I add these are only Player matches, I won't play Ranked matches due to the cheats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Try punching and kick to the mid section and legs while standing, this reduces stamina. I dont go for the head shots until their energy is low.

Using a BJJ fighter always rotate the stick when going for submissions instead of button mash. Clockwise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bren1609 wrote: »

Using a BJJ fighter always rotate the stick when going for submissions instead of button mash. Clockwise.

When going for a submission that makes absolutely no difference, either or is the same. When getting out of a submission is the only time it matters if you press the buttons or use the stick as they are two diff types of escape.

JokerD wrote: »
    Oh, and may I add these are only Player matches, I won't play Ranked matches due to the cheats.

I played 5 ranked matches today and 4 quit out just after I knocked them out or submitted them and it just came up the match is invalid. Surely THQ can do something that if someone quits out they get a loss and the person fighting them gets a win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Got rid of the game a few weeks ago and was kind of regretting it at the time cause got rid of it in a rage cause of the online quitters, same day thq announced that a fix was on the way and was due that week.However after reading this I'm glad I got rid of it as the same olde ****e seems to still be going on.As I said before imo THQ couldn't give a flying **** about the people that got the game , they have the money and probably are concentrating on getting a new one out before xmas, instead of trying to work on patches to correct their shoddy work.I wouldn't mind if they even attampted or looked like they were trying to do something about the glitches.Other developers at least acknowledge problems and attempt to rectify them with patches as they understand the importance of looking after online gamers and know the better the game runs on line the more longetivity it will have and the more money peole will spend on add ons,Halo ,COD and Gears being prime examples.Guaranteed they all have their flaws but at least the developers try and fix them.
    Any way the blood preasure is back to normal and the hair I ripped out is starting to grow back, and I'm determined to never spend another penny on any crap that THQ release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Axwell wrote: »
    When going for a submission that makes absolutely no difference, either or is the same. When getting out of a submission is the only time it matters if you press the buttons or use the stick as they are two diff types of escape.

I'm pretty sure I read that button bashing is more effective for most fighters but if you want a submission award or are great at submissions you want to twirl the stick to get a technichal one

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I read that button bashing is more effective for most fighters but if you want a submission award or are great at submissions you want to twirl the stick to get a technichal one

I thought in terms of submission escapes it was bash the buttons for a brute force escape..twirl the stick for a technical one..and that it didnt matter at all in terms of applying a submission. Im pretty sure this is the way it is.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ufc-quitters-will-be-punished

Says here that there's a patch coming soon that will stop people being able to quit out of a match online and not get a loss on their record.

Hopefully it comes out soon because its putting me off playing ranked matches online because of the amount of people that quit out.

Bout time, this is badly needed. My record is shot to pieces because i wouldnt quit when I lost but wasnt getting awin recorded when i did win because the other loser would quit out. I havent played ranked matches in weeks because of it. They should reset everyones rank back to 0 and start from scratch with this patch in place.

• Advertisement

The patch for UFC 2009 Undisputed has been released worldwide on Xbox 360 and throughout Europe for PLAYSTATION 3. (The patch is still in submission with Sony Computer Entertainment America, but its release is expected shortly). We wanted to get the patches out to the UK public rather than make you wait until all versions were completed!

Included in the update are the following items:

Online matches will better support issues with users who leave a match. The game will now detect users who disconnect and will assign a “Loss,” as well as a “Did Not Finish (DNF),” to that player. The DNF is only assigned to the player who executes the disconnection. The DNF rate will be displayed on the fighter selection screen of the “Online Ranked Match.” When disconnected, the “Winning Streak” is also reset to zero.

Ranked Matches have been adjusted to match players with better connections.

The difficulty of performing submissions against computer opponents has been adjusted to improve the balance of submissions vs. striking.

The Flash Knockouts rate has been adjusted so they are less frequent.

The maximum number of points awarded in online play has been increased from 99,999 to 999,999. The “Max Level” has also been increased from 100 to 200.

The “Winning Streak” bonus maximum has been moved from 5 to 3.

Decimal places on the “Leader Board Winning Percentage” have been changed so that only whole percentages are shown.

Create-a-Fighter (CAF) issues have been addressed so that the skill levels in CAF cannot be cheated and increased. Also, any CAF with unfair point values will no longer be able to be used online.

For PLAYSTATION 3 system users, game freezes during auto-saves have been eliminated. The controller used to “Press Start” on the title screen will be identified as the main controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Tried some ranked matches tonight. First one I was in the guy quit, I got the win but you don't gain any points or fans. Also, a little annoyed that it shows 20 DNF on my profile as I never quit, it's counting the people who have quit on me. However it doesn't count any more dnf's, just past ones.

Still 20 dnf's 102 wins, 39 losses and 1 draw ain't bad. Should be 122 wins though, damn quiters.

Advertisement