Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I actually was really looking forward to this game at one stage, but this has been dragging on for far too long that it's killed all interest for me. And with every new press release it just sounds like it's not worth the wait as much.

Time will tell though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Just played the demo of this and its really good, detail is great and the control system a lot better than previous versions. Lot in the moves though and takes time to learn, definitely not one for the button bashers out there. Cant wait for the full game to come out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Same here. If anyone could sort us out with a code it would be much appreciated. If I get one before then I will pm whoever wants it.

Well if anyone has a spare code I'll take it with much appreciation, I would love to get my hands on some codes and hand them out but it isn't looking likely:(

Think the codes is a USA only thing anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

The demo is very good! The control system will take some time to get used to, I find myself going "oh sh!t, what do i do here" when certain things happen. There are loads of things you can do. It takes about 40 mins just to go through the tutorial. Probably have to do it at least twice because there is so much to take in.

Button mashers will be KO'ed in less than a round... any kick or punch can KO you or stun you, so if your stamina goes low when you are just mashing the buttons, you are screwed.

It'll take some time to master!! Chuck seems so much better than Shogun too, or maybe its just the fact that I only know the very basics now. The graphics are great too.

• Advertisement

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Chuck seems so much better than Shogun too, or maybe its just the fact that I only know the very basics now. The graphics are great too.

I thought that too at first but when you get to grips with all the moves and stuff they have different strenghts, wait till the full game comes out and ill destroy your Chuck with Shogun :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Axwell wrote: »
    I thought that too at first but when you get to grips with all the moves and stuff they have different strenghts, wait till the full game comes out and ill destroy your Chuck with Shogun :p
    Sounds like real life :pac:

Ya pretty much :D

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    The demo is very good! The control system will take some time to get used to, I find myself going "oh sh!t, what do i do here" when certain things happen. There are loads of things you can do. It takes about 40 mins just to go through the tutorial. Probably have to do it at least twice because there is so much to take in.

Button mashers will be KO'ed in less than a round... any kick or punch can KO you or stun you, so if your stamina goes low when you are just mashing the buttons, you are screwed.

It'll take some time to master!! Chuck seems so much better than Shogun too, or maybe its just the fact that I only know the very basics now. The graphics are great too.

Where did you get the demo??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

i just got an email from THQ saying this was out on the 22nd of may. Just said id pass on the info.

• Advertisement

Old news :p

The demo is officially out on Thursday..ive been playing it over the weekend and its fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Its out 23rd in the US. I have the demo on disc, a friend got it in Birmingham, a couple of weeks ago at the media launch.

I think the game is very promising.
    Even the unfinished demo, the graphics and controls are solid. At first it takes a while to get used to. The tutorial will take a good 30mins to go through. Which I highly recommend you do, to get to grasps with the game.

Its amazing how the game feels like your watching the UFC on TV. All the music is the same, the commentary is spot on. The cameras change at just the same time as on the TV. Even Bruce Buffer is there introducing the fight, and the ring girls in between rounds. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Banes05

Been playin this for a few hours now,always a good sign!First impressions:

Presentation is flawless, the detail put into this game is unreal,really makes it resemble the real thing,the crowd detail,octagon and commentary are first rate

The tutorial will definitely be needed at least once,the sheer number of controls :eek:

The difficulty settings could do with tweeking, easy is just too easy, and intermediate with a bit of practice is a doddle,so the real longevity with this will probably be online, fingers crossed

Button mashing won't cut it in this game, you'll really need to know what button to press and when to press it to avoid gassing your fighter.

KO'ing Shogun with a superman punch in the 3rd second of round 2 is the awesomest thing Ive done all year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

what a stonking game, was a bit meh with all the hype, can barely put it down already....

Does anyone know if this is mutli regional?? im heading to the us next week and will pick it up there if it is?? (if its out? or is it worldwide on the 19th may?)

You wont get it next week..release dates are USA 19th May..Ireland 22nd..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Great game.. just want to keep playing to see how many ways I can finish Shogun! Definitely gonna get it when it comes out... On the mat you can try to move around using the sticks.. THe level of detail is amazing

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Whats is like when you get an opponent to the mat? Are their much options for grabs etc? I was playing UFC on my dreamcast last week with a few mates. Its was a good laugh alright, was just making hankering for this game.

You have all the transitions available when on the mat, along with the various punches and knees etc possible in those positions. Depending on your position you can go for submissions too which are hard to pull off against the computer, easier against another person. But when the computers stamina is low you can pull them off and you have all the normal ones available, rear naked choke,arm bar, leg lock, kimura..depends on your position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Axwell wrote: »
    You wont get it next week..release dates are USA 19th May..Ireland 22nd..

damn.. will just wait it out so!

Haven't been so impressed with a demo for a long time!!!

I know its a bit early but maybe a boards tournie down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

blaze1 wrote: »
    damn.. will just wait it out so!

Haven't been so impressed with a demo for a long time!!!

I know its a bit early but maybe a boards tournie down the line?

Yes, good idea, we'll have to come up with something. Maybe something like different nights for different weight classes and a random draw for what character you get, a bit like the way the FIFA one is done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

The demo is absolutely brilliant so I'll definitely be picking up the game. I havent played a demo that for that long in a long time now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Yeah I spent ages last night trying to last a round with it at the hardest difficulty.. didn't manage it, was knocked in the last 2 seconds once tho!

Loving it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

First impressions for me is that it's pretty savage.

Great knocking out my bro time after time!

Some hits dont look to connect in replay though is my only little gripe so far, hopefully it'll be a bit better by time of release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Really was expecting to be disappointed with this , but I got the demo and feckin wow.The graphics are stunning and I love the fighting system one of the few games that I'm gonna be ripping the hair out of me head waiting for it .Looks like theres going to be some online matches too,brilliant.

Has anybody actually played this and not liked it so far? Seems like everyone thinks this is unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Judging from the demo this is fcuking unbelievable, I cant stop playing it and i love knocking out Shogun!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The demo is a lot of fun. The only little negative I have is that submissions are incredibly difficult to pull off against the computer on higher difficulty settings and seem to be linked to the stamina of your opponent being very low which usually takes until later in the fight. You should be able to pull off early 1st round submissions at least every now and then. That said the demo may not quite be the finished version and they may still be tweaking things.

That said in general I'm very impressed with it as MMA is not easy to translate to a video game. I think this game will really come into it's own online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I downloaded the demo out of boredom on Friday and I have to say I was blown away by it. The last time I was this impressed with a demo was Fight Night 3.

At first I thought it was going to be terrible. The first fight after the tutorial I won with the first punch. Dont ask me how I did it, but I was Chuck and the computer just ran over to me, caught him with an overhand right and down he went. I burst out laughing, I thought it was brilliant :D
    I played it solidly for a few hours and will probably pick this game up at some stage. It's very promosing and good fun to play.
    Oh and Chuck rocks by the way. :D

Played it last night against someone for the first time. Ended up sweating buckets just trying to transition, reverse, cover up, etc. A lot of "oh ****" moments too.

I played it for about 3 hours last night. I thought it was very, very good when I played it for the first time a week or two ago, but then once I went into more depth last night, it is absolutely unreal. I can't wait for it now. It's a pity Randy isn't in the game....

Anyone for a UFC tournament??

• Advertisement

Definitely up for tournament..

Advertisement