Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Haha how about we stage a tournament in "The Ultimate Fighter" format, where 16 of us find a cheap house on Daft.ie and go live there, each week our coaches (forum mods) will choose one from each camp to fight it out with the loser going home untill only 1 remains...

Or just a standard tree-tournament. Either way im in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

Yeah tournament sounds good.

Hats off to the publisher on this, they have been very smart with the lead up to this game. We all agree that the demo is really really good and has A LOT of depth, depending on what tpye of fighter you want to be.

By releasing the demo a month early they have given everyone a chance to learn the moves and combos etc, while creating a buzz at the same time. Result, a lot of egar gaming MMA fans looking forward to this game.…...probably a lot of first week sales.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell wrote: »
    ...stamina is low you can pull them off...

You have a habit of lowering the tone whenever you post :rolleyes: Am downloading the demo and looking forward to playing it. I'll run a tournament if its requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Anyone for a UFC tournament??
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'll run a tournament if its requested.

Its requested!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Although, I have a feeling I'll probably get done in the back passage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭shanec1928

the demo is class.the grafics a vrey good

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

You have a habit of lowering the tone whenever you post :rolleyes: Am downloading the demo and looking forward to playing it. I'll run a tournament if its requested.

Consider it requested!

You have a habit of lowering the tone whenever you post
    Axwell wrote: »
    Consider it lowered!

Fixed that typo for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Can we get this back on track before a mod steps in, oh wait it was a supposed mod who started the thrash talk! :P

I think you're lost FG this is the real fighting game thread, Street Fighter is over that way kid
    >

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Just got the demo last night and I must say it is bloody fantastic! I wasnt really expecting much from THQ to be honest (they have constantly disappointed with the Smackdown games) but they have really stepped up with this game.
    The way you can counter and transition is just unreal. It really does give you full control over your fighter. I've already pre-ordered this....roll on the 22nd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Theres no post on this in the PS3 forum... but as a lover of UFC, im really really buzzing about this game, cant wait for the full version to be out! The huge list of moves and fighting techniques as me wanting to learn so bad... cant wait to give my mates a bashing on it!

Any updates on a realease date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Its out on the 22nd of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

This is interesting.. I'm I the only one who didn't enjoy the demo?
    I dunno, I downloaded it with a mate, we played a few rounds, got bored and moved on.

Maybe I need to give it another chance.

Looks like you are the only one who has posted so far and didn't like it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'm unbelievably excited for this game and i'm not a big gamer.

I'm actually afraid to buy it on launch day because i have exams until the end of May and i'll seriously play it and not study :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Buy it after your exams, then you can waste the summer away instead ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I'm unbelievably excited for this game and i'm not a big gamer.

I'm actually afraid to buy it on launch day because i have exams until the end of May and i'll seriously play it and not study :mad:

I was massively looking forward to COD WAW(not as much as this though:D) and I had exams coming up in Mid December. I put my XBOX away for about two months and missed the launch and a lot of weeks of potential gaming. I must say I barely missed the thing as my mind was occupied, also it made me look forward to the exams as I knew when they were finished I was ready to go:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Maybe it was just because of how much I'd heard about the demo, but I just wasn't all that blown away with it tbh. Will more than likely get the game second-hand in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

The demo WAS rubbish, bring on FNR 4;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

This is interesting.. I'm I the only one who didn't enjoy the demo?
    I dunno, I downloaded it with a mate, we played a few rounds, got bored and moved on.

Maybe I need to give it another chance.

bored of it meself to be honest. Cant wait for the full game though.

Played the demo last night while I was langered. Dont do it. I nearly chewed through the controller cos my hero chuck kepy getting killed :(

Dont try the wrestling demo either. Stupid hulk hogan is kicking the bejaysus outta andre the giant on me all the time. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

seanybiker wrote: »

Played the demo last night while I was langered. Dont do it. I nearly chewed through the controller cos my hero chuck kepy getting killed :(

Dont try the wrestling demo either. Stupid hulk hogan is kicking the bejaysus outta andre the giant on me all the time. :(

Stupid Hulk Hogan??? Hulk Hogan is a hero... and he body slammed Andre the Giant to win Wrestlemania III

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its a good thing the game replicates real life then :D

I got my first TKO last night after playing about 80 fights since I got the demo. Has anyone else noticed the lack of TKOs or is it just me. I usually play with Chuck and I've mounted Shogun alot and just rained the punches in, even rocking him, but its never actually given me a TKO before :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I got my first TKO last night after playing about 80 fights since I got the demo. Has anyone else noticed the lack of TKOs or is it just me. I usually play with Chuck and I've mounted Shogun alot and just rained the punches in, even rocking him, but its never actually given me a TKO before :confused:
    Could just be Shoguns groud defense (dunno since I rarely use chuck and never tried to G&P when I did). Ive beaten chuck a fair few times like that with shogun. Have to against friends. Bastards with their constant overhand rights and superman punches. I dont think ive ever seen chuck throw a superman punch.
    Also does anyone think chucks got a bit of lipo in the game compared to real life :D

What difficulty have you got it on?

amacachi wrote: »
    What difficulty have you got it on?

I've it on advanced. I've gotten a few TKOs since then (one even with leg kicks!) Its weird that I've only started getting them now

I've it on advanced. I've gotten a few TKOs since then (one even with leg kicks!) Its weird that I've only started getting them now

Fair enough, on the two lowest difficulty levels TKOs seem to be almost the only finishes for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I think its a quality demo, going to order it so it will arrive the day after my exams finish.

I'm playing on advanced and can win more than 50% of the time with either fighter.

I find it very hard to get a submission and I find it very hard to knock someone out with G+P unless they are already 'rocked', the computer just seems to be too good at transitioning from the bottom but it could just be me needing to improve.

Definitely up for the boards tournament.

Its one match with two fighters. If you never got bored of it, there'd be no point in buying the actual game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

can't wait for this. been looking forward to it for a while now. just got the demo yesterday and i must say, it's pretty slick. Will be getting this on release date. Stick me on your friends list for a couple of online line games.

Gamertag in the sig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Never really been a fan of UFC myself but downloaded this demo on a whim the other day and really liking it - the perfect middle ground between the likes of SFIV and WWE games, neither of which I can really get into.

I have one question though... how the in the name of Bertie do you escape from a submission? The minute that Brazilian chap starts putting one on me it's game over!

Advertisement