Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 2009

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Easiest way is brute force method, punch them when they apply it using your free hand if its an arm bar etc, a few punches will usually make them break the hold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 XGI Crucius

demo is really good but chuck is way to stong no point in fighting him and way to easy to fight with him cant wait for the full game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

demo is really good but chuck is way to stong no point in fighting him and way to easy to fight with him cant wait for the full game
    I really think they pumped up chuck a bit in this since he's one of the best known. I dont think the mans thrown a superman punch in his career but ive lost count how many times the gits gotten me with them in the demo.:mad: Now im fighting smarter though againt the murrafugga. Ahhhh back to realism :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Seen this playing in Gamestop over the weekend, looks mighty impressive. Can anyone tell me if there's actually damage in it (e.g cuts and bruises)? After fight night round 3, I just can't face playing fighting games unless I can really **** the opponent up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

There are cuts and they effect your response times.
    the same way that taking loads of leg kicks slows down your ability to sprawl and shoot.
    Very well thought out game.

And Chuck isn't overly powerfull.
    He's one of the biggest fighters in the game after all, what do you expect.
    The trick to beating him is taking his back.
    He's great at getting off his back, but it's easy to choke him out from behind.
    He's also suceptible to a triangle. when on top.
    Gethim into rubber guard and you'll pick him off.
    You'll have a tough time gettin him to tap with and leg or arm bars though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Anyone here work in Game? I have ufc pre ordered in Gamestop and could only get my money back in store credit. Would anyone on here be able to get an extra code to download Bader and Efrain? Would be very appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I thought Gamestop were giving out codes for the pre-order? Anyways I'm sure there'll be a few floating about online

As far as I know its Game that are doing the codes. Hopefully it will be Gamestop. If it is I may be able to get my hands on a few.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its gamestop doing the codes but not sure if its just an american thing

Its Gamestop in the States and GAME in the uk doing the codes.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Just a quick question for people. I know its supposed to be out on 22nd but does anyone know places that may sell this early? Do you have a local place that just put it out as soon as they get it? I dont know if I can wait till firday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Sometimes you can get new games a bit early. Gamestop usually stack new games a day before release near closing time.

I have gotten a few new games from xtra vision a day before release. I got COD4 early when I went into xtra vision around 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

AFAIK you can get games after 6pm on the day before release. Because all the Game shops close, late or 24 hour shops like Tesco and Xtravision usually sell the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Looks great, can't wait to get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

*Slaps*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

snip
    fzero-falconfacepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Looks great, can't wait to get it!

The fact you edited your comment means you're only getting an infraction. Had it still been there it would've been a month off. Be careful what you post on the forums please.

Played the demo of this and while I didn't bother to learn any of the moves/combos in much detail it was still some laugh! I love the way they drop like a sack of spuds when you get a K.O. Very enjoyable. :D

Asmodean wrote: »
    Played the demo of this and while I didn't bother to learn any of the moves/combos in much detail it was still some laugh! I love the way they drop like a sack of spuds when you get a K.O. Very enjoyable. :D
    Well if you don't learn youll be seein that happen to your character more and more :pac:

Who said it was the character I was playing that was hitting the deck! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just thought i should let you guys know. The status of UFC 2009 on XBOX 360 on Play.com is "In Stock. Usually dispatched within 24 hours."

So anyone with a pre-order with Play can expect their game any day now.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just thought i should let you guys know. The status of UFC 2009 on XBOX 360 on Play.com is "In Stock. Usually dispatched within 24 hours."

So anyone with a pre-order with Play can expect their game any day now.
    Id say next week more then likely. Damn play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Any sin of a price anywhere guys? Play have it for €52, amazon fr €49 or so. Think I seen cdwow with it for €45 but there is no chance I will be anything off them again. What will xtravision, smyths, gamestop etc.... price it at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

playing this at the minute. didnt bother with the demo but the full game arrived in the office today. just running through the tutorial at the minute, but even the regular digs look fierce realistic... few grimaces from me at well connected punches to the chops so far lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I think this game is gonna suck big time

youre right so far :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Helix wrote: »
    youre right so far :mad:

Its ok to a point even with its uber slow menu's and lack of dublin and even ireland as a home town, its when the difficulty curve goes way up once you progress from fight nights to ufc 100 etc, after that good look escaping an instant tko from a mount even on beginner :mad: the right stick transitions are just annoying me now :mad: 10 times ive been pounded out form the mount by the same guy 10 times :mad:

Also the lack of variety of of strikes is shocking , you'll notice it more in career as your playing with the same guy all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't blame the game because you suck :rolleyes: I've been playing the demo non-stop and I can win on expert with ease, once you learn how to stop transitions you'll go far. It has an 88 on metacritic http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/ufc2009undisputed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have pre-ordered this now so hopefully I'll get it by the end of the week...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

was asking about this game in gamestop on sunday and they said its in their system as €55 but it might come down and be cheaper depending on the demand and what others are selling it for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I got (well, pre-ordered) mine from thehut.com - shopto.net had the cheapest price but it uses Mastercards Securecode system which won't work with my card because of problems on AIB's end that they won't acknowledge (unless they know my DoB better than I do). It was just shy of €40 for me anyway.

What are TheHut like for deliveries of pre-orders?

Advertisement