Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ShaneU wrote: »
    Don't blame the game because you suck

im not. im blaming the game because its too technical and not fun in the slightest (so far)

definitely for hardcore ufc fans only imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Helix wrote: »
    im not. im blaming the game because its too technical and not fun in the slightest (so far)

Thats the impression I kinda got aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm not a hardcore UFC fan at all, watch the odd event, but I think the demo is great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would be a hardcore fan of the UFC so i love the demo but my mate while a fan of the ufc is a completely useless player on xbox yet he loves it aswell once he got the hang of transitions and countering them. I think if you put the time in to learn stuff you will enjoy the game..i think rather than saying definitely for hardcore ufc fans its not for button bashers like some fighting games tend to be.

i think its the polar opposite to button basher fare, its TOO precise and fiddly. technical fighters are all well and good, but this is definitely taking it to new extremes

seems to be plenty of options and lots of depth to it for those who stick with it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I think its good that its not a button bashing game. If you want button bashing there are a million fighting games out there to enjoy. Plus it adds more realism to it. UFC is about skill. When have you seen a fighter run out swinging wildly and jumping around? I dont agree with being a hardcore fan of UFC to enjoy this game though. I would consider myself but be a fan (not hardcore) but I've played the demo with friends who dont watch it at all. It took them 5 or 6 fights to get the hang of the controls but once they did they loved it.

i think its the polar opposite to button basher fare, its TOO precise and fiddly.

Its not like its rocket science. After a couple of fights, you get the hang of the controls. Some of the flicks of the stick can be hard to get right first time, but thats about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Really enjoying this however, I do think the non-UFC fans will get bored of it very quickly.

It does have a steep learning curve, but with all things, practice makes perfect!

Definite buy.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Its not like its rocket science. After a couple of fights, you get the hang of the controls. Some of the flicks of the stick can be hard to get right first time, but thats about it.

theres too much stuff to remember right off the bat. the tutorial section was very poorly executed imo, and it only ends up throwing too much at you when it should be gradually easing you into it by of actual fights instead of having to sit through text, then a demo you cant skip, and then finally the chance to do it yourself

theres too much stuff to remember right off the bat. the tutorial section was very poorly executed imo, and it only ends up throwing too much at you when it should be gradually easing you into it by of actual fights instead of having to sit through text, then a demo you cant skip, and then finally the chance to do it yourself

Its a lot to take in at the start alright, but, I'd rather the game allowed you to do a lot of different moves rather than just being able to do a small amount of moves that gets very boring very quickly.

The tutorial tells you what to do, and lets you do examples. You can do one small section at a time. Its not like you have to do it all in one go. If you feel like they are throwing too much at you at one time, go back and do the rest later. Each section only lasts 2-5 mins in the demo. How much more could they possibly break it down?

None of the moves by themselves are very difficult, so as you play a couple of fights, you'll pick up the controls. Its not like any one move is overly difficult.

After 5-6 fights, you should have a fair idea what you are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Can anyone tell me how large the demo on Xbox live is? I'm mad to give it a try, but will be downloading through a vodafone 3g connection, so the smaller the better :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bout 500mb if i recall correctly

Axwell wrote: »
    Bout 500mb if i recall correctly

Aww sweet :D I know what I'm doing when I finish work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i haven't been this excited about a game since i was a young fella. downloaded the demo lastnite and payed it for 3 hours. its that good

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    After 5-6 fights, you should have a fair idea what you are doing.

ah i do know what im doing, im still finding the whole thing very counter intuitive is all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

I got it and I have to say, its as good as the demo, only major problem is when I played online, its was jerky, unresponsive and generally terrible! I only played once mind you, now it could be just a bad connection, and may also be fixed in the next few days for full release or after a while with a patch, i dunno. Haven't played the career just yet. Created a guy, its not hugely in depth, and can't be from Ireland :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Julez wrote: »
    I got it and I have to say, its as good as the demo, only major problem is when I played online, its was jerky, unresponsive and generally terrible!

Same , probably will improve after its released here as everyone on there is from the US right now,

Edit what am i thinking add me sure and it might be ok , xbl tag is calex deus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

is it available in shop anywhere yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Im about 5 fights into my career ( 5 K.O.S !! ) im getting better but its still at the stage of i dont really know what im doing. As i get more moves worked out it gets a bit better. Graphics are great but i dont like the UFC on TV so ive no idea about the fighters or all the different fighting styles and ground fighting etc so its a steep learning curve at the moment.

Dont think ill stick with it for too long though its all ready getting a bit samey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

was asking about this game in gamestop on sunday and they said its in their system as €55 but it might come down and be cheaper depending on the demand and what others are selling it for.

My girlfriend went in today to get it for me, it said in the window, RELEASED now, and she went up to the desk, and he said "nope sorry, FRIDAY"

she wasnt impressed!! saying why have the $^%-ing poster up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

halolma wrote: »
    My girlfriend went in today to get it for me, it said in the window, RELEASED now, and she went up to the desk, and he said "nope sorry, FRIDAY"

she wasnt impressed!! saying why have the $^%-ing poster up

sue them for false advertisement. Or just practice the moves on the person behind the counter until friday.

Got the demo downloaded this morning and was hooked on it for about 3 hours straight. Its the perfect balance between Fight Night and Smackdown gameplay. The KO's are simply brilliant (including standing over the downed opponent and smacking his head in :D). I had heard very little about this game, but having read the comments here and now having had the chance to play the demo, I will most definitely be picking it up on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Does the gum shield come out on every single knockout in the full game does anyone know?

amacachi wrote: »
    Does the gum shield come out on every single knockout in the full game does anyone know?

Noticed that myself! I think it adds a nice touch to the knockouts, literally "knocking the taste" out of your opponents mouth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There's an achievement for knocking the mouthpiece 3 metres

Dont think ill stick with it for too long though its all ready getting a bit samey.

Sure I'll take it off your hands if you're getting rid of it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

HMV on henry st sometimes put games out at about 8 pm before these close at 8.30 on thursday night so you could try them. I know i have gotten afew games that way just by chance.

Might take a trip late to Xtravision, or Tesco at the Coonagh road roundabout...

Unlikely they'll have it up on the shelf early, but worth a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

amacachi wrote: »

Think that's just to indicate the fight has been ended. What I'd liked to have seen was Herb or Mazagatti pull your fighter off when your dominating in the mount as opposed to a knockout every time

Advertisement