Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 2009

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got mine this morning from Gamesnash. :) I ****ing love gamesnash. :) Great game loving the career mode so far.

Had a game online player match not ranked was abit laggy but not unplayable. He picked Mir so I picked Lesanr and he was dominating me on the ground, managed to get up and catch him with a huge right hand that put him down, then jumped on him and pounded his face in until the ref stepped in! Timed at 4.59 of round number 1! Excellent stuff!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Have it preordered in Game (yesterday) but they wouldn't tell me how much it'll retail for. €50 maybe?

Hopefully somewhere will break the street date and we can all rush out and buy it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I've set up a group for this. Dunno if it'll do much good but we could use it to try and organise a league or tournaments maybe

Here it is if anyone wants to join:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=149

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I've set up a group for this. Dunno if it'll do much good but we could use it to try and organise a league or tournaments maybe

I spoke to Future Guy about setting up something proper for this in a week or two once people get used to it so maybe hold off till then. We already have good leagues running on FIfa and he does a street fighter tournament too.

Axwell wrote: »
    I spoke to Future Guy about setting up something proper for this in a week or two once people get used to it so maybe hold off till then. We already have good leagues running on FIfa and he does a street fighter tournament too.

Yeah, cool. I dont mean anything right away but the group is there for when we do start with anything.

• Advertisement

Yup cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭da ax murderer

is any where having a midnight release ??

I doubt it to be honest. I cant remember the last time they had a midnight release for a game in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

its on shelves in gamestop now, just got a call from them to say i can get my pre ordered copy now! So on the way to get it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Hoping to get mine in Xtravision later this evening, I've been hooked on the demo since I downloaded it!

I have a question for thos who have the game about the create a fighter mode. Is it similar to Smackdown in that you need to individually pick every single punch and kick type you throw, or is it defined by the martial arts you select?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    its on shelves in gamestop now, just got a call from them to say i can get my pre ordered copy now! So on the way to get it now

Will it be that sought after that it needs to be preordered because i never preordered mine.

PADRAIC.M wrote: »

Which Gamestop? I've ordered mine in the one on Henry Street. It closes at 8.30 and I finish work at 8....it'll be a race to pick it up

DarkJager wrote: »
    Hoping to get mine in Xtravision later this evening, I've been hooked on the demo since I downloaded it!

I have a question for thos who have the game about the create a fighter mode. Is it similar to Smackdown in that you need to individually pick every single punch and kick type you throw, or is it defined by the martial arts you select?

As far as I know there are 3 level of each fighting style, each with different moves. You cant select individual moves but you can earn better ones as you progress the career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Might be a good idea to move exact discussion to the fighting games forum because it'd be easier to keep track of topics outside of one megathread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Is this looking like a 60euro release?

amacachi wrote: »
    Is this looking like a 60euro release?

44.99 in gamestop and xtravision you can get it now in gamestop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Axwell wrote: »
    44.99 in gamestop and xtravision you can get it now in gamestop

Sound, should be around 30 up north so. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Wooo, got it from Gamestop in the Crescent, Limerick for 44.99 tonight.

The lag is very bad when your playing random lads.

Played Axwell last night, won 7, lost 7 and we didn't have much lag (unless we chose the rematch option). Every time we started a new game we had no lag at all.

Played a lad from Croatia, the lag was unreal, as it was against another lad. The menu's are a bit slow at times (but I'll get over that!).

Those are the only two bad points. Most important thing is that the actual gameplay is brilliant.

THQ posted over on the official website forum saying they are looking into the lag at the minute and are aware its an issue so hopefully they will sort something out soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

I've been so looking forward to this game but for some reason I knew something would go wrong. Bring the game home, red rings. Machine is 2.5 years old. SO FCUKING PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭rdb666

Is this available to rent in xtravision at the moment? would rather try it first before I part with my cash?

rdb666 wrote: »
    Is this available to rent in xtravision at the moment? would rather try it first before I part with my cash?

Download the free demo on XboxLive would probably be the best.
    And yeah I've heard about the lag issues. They havnt done anything about it on the SvR games so thats not a good omen, but hopefully they'll at least try with this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

wouldn't be overly concerned with the lag problem yet, its very early days. Hopefully they'll sort it with in the next week or so unlike bloody GOW2.Got it myself yeaterday and think its amazing, long time between fights though which is no big deal , just need a little patience and a little energon and a whole lot of luck...

Well, at least they acknowledge the problem. It took about a week for EA to acknowledge the Ultimate team lag, and about 3-4 weeks before any real improvement was seen.

I hope it doesn't take that long to sort out!

Got it this morning and loving the career mode so far. Spent most of the morning wondering why my fighter wasn't kicking anyone in the head till I copped the "bootcamp" invites. Now its knockouts all around!!

Just fought Brock Lesnar and christ is he hard, think I managed to last about 30 seconds before he got the mount and smacked my head in :D

DarkJager wrote: »
    Just fought Brock Lesnar and christ is he hard, think I managed to last about 30 seconds before he got the mount and smacked my head in :D

Oh he'll mount ya alright.

He's a ****er! Have only been tko'd 3 times so far, and its usually by some flukey kick to the head. All my ground stats are crap cause I've been concentrating on building up strength and kick stats, so Lesnar is going to be major trouble..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Loving this game. Have gotten quite good with Muai Thai fighters already.

Online play isn't that bad but can get terribly laggy in spurts. Was playing Axwell earlier and just reminded me how great the game can be. Had knocked Axwell down so rushed in to begin pounding, Axwell grabs and arm and taps me out from nowhere. Great stuff. I do take solace with my wins in the other fights though ;)

Edit: Also, for those who don't check out the MMA forum this is courtesy of Rovert
    http://ufc-caf.com/?p=53

Is anybody else getting great satisfaction from knocking guys out when they've beat you once? :D I was scheduled to fight Antoni Hardonk (some dutch kickboxer guy) but got caught up doing photo shoots :) and entered the fight with 25% stamina. Needless to say, he kicked the **** out of me..

A few weeks later, he came up again as an opponent choice so I took the rematch. I'd learned the head kicks in muay thai boot camp and done some serious strength training since the first fight with him, and had 100% stamina this time. The place was looking like a slaughterhouse by the time I allowed him to collapse :D

• Advertisement

I am loving this game, I really am. I played a good few matches online last night and while it can get laggy in bits its really good.
    One thing I've noticed with people online is that they cannot play the game. Between ranked and unranked matches I'm about 25-0-4 (in ranked i'm 9-0-2 but I had 3 guys quit as I've won). with all my wins I would say I have about 21 submissions, all in the first round and a good lot in the first minute. The guys online just seem to run out and start throwing punches and kicks. After about 30 or 40 seconds of me blocking they are gassed so I just take them down and submit them. It gets a bit repetative but its still fun

Advertisement