Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Undisputed 2009

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The only thing I cannot figure out is when I'm in the mount but being held down how do i posture up?

Struggling to figure this one out myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

The only thing I cannot figure out is when I'm in the mount but being held down how do i posture up?

If you're in the position i'm thinking of you push up on the right stick then swing to the up-left position on the stick, you should open up then be ready for some ground and pound!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

It should say it in the actions list, but I'm pretty sure its just a minor transition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Yeah its just another transition. If your being held by the person on the ground, a half cicle on the right stick should take you to the next transition. i.e them not holding on to you :D

It should say it in the actions list, but I'm pretty sure its just a minor transition
    nicklauski wrote: »
    Yeah its just another transition. If your being held by the person on the ground, a half cicle on the right stick should take you to the next transition. i.e them not holding on to you :D

Neither of those result in a posture up they result in you transitioning out of the full mount to a side mount which isnt what we are talking about.

When you are in the full mount and you are being held down its to be able to posture up out of it free so that you can punch we are talking about.

Edit:Bubs i figured it out, its a major transition without LB

• Advertisement

Well it works for me anyway. What way are you rotating the right stick? If you do a semi circle to the left, you should go back to side control. Semi circle to the right to posture up. Or maybe Im just getting luck, but as I said it works for me.

Well it works for me anyway. What way are you rotating the right stick? If you do a semi circle to the left, you should go back to side control. Semi circle to the right to posture up. Or maybe Im just getting luck, but as I said it works for me.

Semi circle is a minor transition and will always end up in side control..major transition will posture up. Go to the practice and set it up so you are in the mount and try it.

Yeah but if your already in side position surely the next minor transition is to mount up? I dont need to try it, its not me having the problem. I was just trying to help a brother out :D

Yeah but if your already in side position surely the next minor transition is to mount up? I dont need to try it, its not me having the problem. I was just trying to help a brother out :D

Your missing the point..we arent talking about being in side control..we are talking about being in full mount..but they have your head held down..then you posture up using what i said above..so they arent holding your head then you can pound them. Using the semi circle way you described goes from the full mount to side control (not what we want to do) then you can transition again to bring you back to full mount (back to square one) so basically your going in circles..everything we are talking about is within the full mount..no transition to side control.

I think this needs to be settled in the Octagon :D

• Advertisement

lol...sounds like a plan! :D
    GT Irish Wolverine ill be on later tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Bren1609

Does anyone know how to create or unlock Randy Couture or Royce Gracie?

Axwell wrote: »
    Your missing the point..we arent talking about being in side control..we are talking about being in full mount..but they have your head held down..then you posture up using what i said above..so they arent holding your head then you can pound them. Using the semi circle way you described goes from the full mount to side control (not what we want to do) then you can transition again to bring you back to full mount (back to square one) so basically your going in circles..everything we are talking about is within the full mount..no transition to side control.

All I'm saying is, that if your in mount and there holding on to you, if you do a minor transition (with the right stick to the right) the next transition is to push them off you and go full mount for the ground and pound.

And Turd, I've no hassles if this punk wants to step into the arena :D

Bren1609 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to create or unlock Randy Couture or Royce Gracie?

Cant unlock them but:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/ufc2009undisputed/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-49572175&pid=949120

cant find once for Gracie but here is the official CAF site

http://ufc-caf.com/

I'm sure more versions of each will be posted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just read this and thought it was quite funny..

http://kotaku.com/5271751/ufc-fighter-left-out-of-ufc-game-because-he-hasbig-hair

No long hair or southpaws.. its a bit weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

/\ I heard about that hair thing with Guida before the game came out, how is that news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I still haven't got this, but im getting this tomorrow:D!I can't wait, i play the demo constatly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    I still haven't got this, but im getting this tomorrow:D!I can't wait, i play the demo constatly!

The game is amazing, apart from the quitters online very irritating.

Palms are sore from vigourous wiggle of the right stick so moved onto button bashing to get out of submission attempts, now thumbs are red raw.

Will there be a tourney any time soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

All I'm saying is, that if your in mount and there holding on to you, if you do a minor transition (with the right stick to the right) the next transition is to push them off you and go full mount for the ground and pound.

And Turd, I've no hassles if this punk wants to step into the arena :D
    No its a Major Transition to achieve full mount offensive, a minor transition brings you back to side control

No its a Major Transition to achieve full mount offensive, a minor transition brings you back to side control

Already tried to explain this to him loads of times already but it goes over his head :D

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    Already tried to explain this to him loads of times already but it goes over his head :D
    God dammit :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I got the game this morning, i am really liking it.I haven't won online yet.I made Mir tap out but the connection went and i didn't get the win for it!I was just wondering how do you get out of the Muay Tai clinch?
    Cheers in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I made Mir tap out but the connection went and i didn't get the win for it!

That was a quitter. Happens all too often.

As for the Muay Thai clinch I'd like to know too. When a Muay Thai guy starts whipping you're head about the place and landing some vicious knees all I can ever do is block and wait till the guy gasses himself.

I got the game this morning, i am really liking it.I haven't won online yet.I made Mir tap out but the connection went and i didn't get the win for it!I was just wondering how do you get out of the Muay Tai clinch?
    Cheers in advance!
    Keep hitting him and pulling back in the left stick to move away while standing still. When he tries to swing you in the clinch you have to flick the right stick in the opposite direction to where he's swinging to break the clinch(that isnt easy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

every now and again if you grapple in the clinch you'll counter grapple one of the kness and do a take down.Have done it a few times but I think its more luck than anything and probably depends on if you have bjj.
    On a different note, having a great laugh listening to the commentry, fav line so far is Joe Rogan saying that he always gets asked about bj and the other guy goes, that doesn't sound good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Stupid question, but this has ruined my mind (and a really good career).
    When i try to save the char, it's greyed out, and i'm unable to save my character. This is in career-mode, btw.

I haven't copied the game over to the console, but if that's what it takes i will.

Please help. I'm into my second character tonight and wouldn't like to start it all over again :/

I've googled high and low and haven't found either this issue nor a solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Sorry for the rant here but I have to get this off my chest! I'm fcuking sick of absolutely dominating fights only to be submitted! I'm literally kicking the sh1t out of people, standing up and then ground and pound, screen going grey etc, and the poxy mother fcukers always recover and submit me. I'm talking guys with 25% stamina left guillotining the heck out of me after having their face donkey konged for two whole rounds! I mean surely the fight should be over by then! It's damn frustrating. This game was so enjoyable when playing with friends who didn't really understand the technical nuances as we'd have a good old fashioned slug fest and someone would win fair and square. Suddenly I go online and guys have this magical button that brings them back from the brink to twist my arm around my back and score an undeserved victory. Anderson fcuking Silva gets submitted by Wayne Clarke fighting out of Wilimington, Delaware with a fighter rating of 5. My record is 8-19 and I'm well pissed off because I've had at least 5 fights end like this. Has anyone any solutions? I know the game is fundamentally flawed in certain areas but its (fairly) fun to play so I'd love to start kicking some ass! The game red ringed my previous xbox so I'm thinking of giving it a taste of its own medecine and snapping it in two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Sorry for the rant here but I have to get this off my chest! I'm fcuking sick of absolutely dominating fights only to be submitted! I'm literally kicking the sh1t out of people, standing up and then ground and pound, screen going grey etc, and the poxy mother fcukers always recover and submit me. I'm talking guys with 25% stamina left guillotining the heck out of me after having their face donkey konged for two whole rounds! I mean surely the fight should be over by then! It's damn frustrating. This game was so enjoyable when playing with friends who didn't really understand the technical nuances as we'd have a good old fashioned slug fest and someone would win fair and square. Suddenly I go online and guys have this magical button that brings them back from the brink to twist my arm around my back and score an undeserved victory. Anderson fcuking Silva gets submitted by Wayne Clarke fighting out of Wilimington, Delaware with a fighter rating of 5. My record is 8-19 and I'm well pissed off because I've had at least 5 fights end like this. Has anyone any solutions? I know the game is fundamentally flawed in certain areas but its (fairly) fun to play so I'd love to start kicking some ass! The game red ringed my previous xbox so I'm thinking of giving it a taste of its own medecine and snapping it in two!

............ it's only a game!

THat sounds like my brother, he has good ground skills in the game, is always getting destroyed for 2.9 rounds and pulls it out of the bag with a submission.

Reflects the nature of the sport IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

MrStuffins wrote: »
    ............ it's only a game!

THat sounds like my brother, he has good ground skills in the game, is always getting destroyed for 2.9 rounds and pulls it out of the bag with a submission.

Reflects the nature of the sport IMO!

Yeah I've cooled off a bit now. That was a late night rant! Still frustrating though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah I've cooled off a bit now. That was a late night rant! Still frustrating though.

Even in the offline game it happens to me. I'm smashing people and get subbed! It's annoying. But thats the game i guess.

Whats more annoying is the quitters online :mad:

Advertisement