Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a sim-free phone

• 26-02-2009 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

If I buy a sim-free phone in uk will i be able to use it in ireland with an irish sim-card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If you say sim free do you mean with out a sim? Or sim unlocked? Where you thinking of buying from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

boogyboogy wrote: »
    If I buy a sim-free phone in uk will i be able to use it in ireland with an irish sim-card?

If the phone is unlocked, yes. If it is network locked, then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

boogyboogy wrote: »
    It may be cheaper to buy a locked phone and have it unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just bought an e66 from expansys sim free but I don't use may minutes so it was actually cheaper than buying it from vodafone (Phone shipped from france english spec) yes irish sim card worked in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

just bought an e66 from expansys sim free but I don't use may minutes so it was actually cheaper than buying it from vodafone (Phone shipped from france english spec) yes irish sim card worked in it
    Hope you bought it from Expansys UK. Generally cheaper with the current exchange rate according to a previous poster!

• Advertisement
Advertisement