Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asbestos

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi just looking for some advice lm hoping to reroof a shed this year,

part of the shed roof is old asbestos sheeting last yr was going to reroof shed, was going to remove asbestos myself in the end l had to use the money l had for another project,

Speaking with a friend he advised me that l should get a contractor to remove asbestos as l may have problems with HSA if l remove it myself got a quote today for removal and its quiet high even if l remove asbestos myself l have no intention of dumping it illegally will either store it at my address or bring it to a dump if someone else was in my position what would they do?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hi just looking for some advice lm hoping to reroof a shed this year,

part of the shed roof is old asbestos sheeting last yr was going to reroof shed, was going to remove asbestos myself in the end l had to use the money l had for another project,

Speaking with a friend he advised me that l should get a contractor to remove asbestos as l may have problems with HSA if l remove it myself got a quote today for removal and its quiet high even if l remove asbestos myself l have no intention of dumping it illegally will either store it at my address or bring it to a dump if someone else was in my position what would they do?

Its tricky stuff to get rid of..
    here's a previous thread
    http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054846833

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

Hi thanks for reply l have contacted the company that gave me the quote and have advised them that l want to go ahead witrh it now so will do so thanks again for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Take care if removing it yourself. Take all necessary precautions.
    Do some research on the net.
    Its the Asbestos dust that cancerous - so do not cause it to dust by drilling into it or breaking the sheets!

Wear a mask, goggles and a disposble suit. Make sure the Contractor is registered to remove and dispose of the Asbestos... good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Another tip is to have a hose with you and soak the sheets well before you remove them.

Be sure to double bag them.

Advertisement