Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Leg

• 26-02-2009 2:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

Has anyone listened to their album yet? Its quite good, not as mindblowing as permission to land, but it's got some excellent tunes, like Chickens-ludicrous falsetto, Cocktails with some suspect lyrics and Kissing in the Wind which has a lot of baroque flourishes. I like the guitar sound, its very shrill but its got a nice amount of overdrive or something which makes it sound very liquid. Is anyone going to their gig tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

Has anyone listened to their album yet? Its quite good, not as mindblowing as permission to land, but it's got some excellent tunes, like Chickens-ludicrous falsetto, Cocktails with some suspect lyrics and Kissing in the Wind which has a lot of baroque flourishes. I like the guitar sound, its very shrill but its got a nice amount of overdrive or something which makes it sound very liquid. Is anyone going to their gig tomorrow?

yeah i was gonna go, but then i heard that 80s matchbox are going to be in crawdaddy tomorrow night so i'm going to go to that instead. It's a pity, you wait ages for some fun rock and roll to go to and then 2 come along on the one night.. ah well.. another time Hot Leg...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Class gig, Hawkins hit all the high notes, the solos were impecably played. My only criticisms were; the guitar tones were bad, very tinny/trebly, the mix wasn't great, too much blending, the lead wasn't loud enough in some songs, and the gig was too short, it should have been 3 hours. Apparently they're playing in x music tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

seen them live last year in Edinburgh and heading to them again this Thur in the same place...different venue...last concert was great because there was hardly anyone there and you felt like you were at the beginning of something special. I can see this band exploding like the darkness did and while thats not a bad thing, unless their fizz burns out, i reckon it will lead to me not wanting anything to do with them because every 13yr old kid will want their album

good music though, better than the darkness, because if you have ever spoken to justin he will tell you honestly that this is a project he is more comfortable with

Advertisement