Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to renew my passport?

Options
  • 26-02-2009 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I'm wondering if anyone has had experience on renewing an Irish passport while on a PR visa in Oz. My Irish passport expires in September this year and I'm planning an overseas trip in April/May SYD-LAX-SYD (Coachella baby!). Could I be refused entry into the US or re-entry into Oz as my passport expires in less than 6 months at the time of the trip?
    I'm not in a hurry to renew my Irish passport as I get an Aussie one in July and I reckon that it's less hassle to renew my Irish passport once I no longer need Australian visas. I also imagine that it's easier to renew my Irish passport when I go back home again.
    Anyone have any advice from personal experience?
    My cynical mind tells me that if I was to contact the embassy I would end up handing over the cash to renew my passport, and waiting longer for it than if I was to renew from Ireland.

Advertisement