Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood

Options
  • 26-02-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Have to say I'm really looking forward to this. Although some actual game footage would of been nice :( edit: woops, my bad, the opening says it is in game footage. Must just be a rendered cut scene using the games engine. It looks pretty sweet.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46000.html

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

The first one was ok, but Billys? sneaking missions were so tedious... The shooting ones with the priest were brilliant though, hopefully they wont make that mistake this time around :pac:

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yoyo wrote: »
    The first one was ok, but Billys? sneaking missions were so tedious... The shooting ones with the priest were brilliant though, hopefully they wont make that mistake this time around :pac:

Nick

Yeah in the new one it looks like you are playing as the young priest Ray McCall, before he joined the priesthood. So this one will be a prequel to the original.

I'd say his brother, the guy with knives along his chest, will be used for the sneaking and stealth. I personally liked the balance between the 2 characters of the original. In saying that, in the areas where you had to sneak, if I found it was getting too tiresome I'd just go gung ho and kill everyone rather than sneaking. I think there was a camp that I had to sneak through to steal a horse and I just said "screw it" took out the instagib bullet time bow and arrow and just walked through the middle of the camp. I thought it was very good that they didn't make you so disabled that you had to always sneak as Billy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thought the original was one of the best "Wild West" games I'd played, so very much looking forward to seeing how they do with the sequel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,604 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Interesting sequel choice as I thought the first came and went without much in the way of publicity or sales. The first game was very good & really mixed genres nicely. As mentioned, the shooter bits with the crazy-ass Reverand were too cool for school (I really loved the "draw" mechanism, it showed a nice evolution of the Max Payne slo-mo effect). I hope they refine the engine a little though, I recall the first being something of a pig; though that could have been the huge levels.

Advertisement