Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student Finance

• 26-02-2009 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Tried to get a Student Maintenence loan for the year, but can't get it unless you live in the UK, I live on border anyways so its a bit silly,and the loan would have financed a move into a flat which would be in UK anyways..

What way does everybody else finance themselves?
    Anybody else get a loan from anywhere else or just from jobs/grants etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Smegball wrote: »
    Tried to get a Student Maintenence loan for the year, but can't get it unless you live in the UK, I live on border anyways so its a bit silly,and the loan would have financed a move into a flat which would be in UK anyways..

What way does everybody else finance themselves?
    Anybody else get a loan from anywhere else or just from jobs/grants etc?

from buncrana co. donegal survive on a student loan for fees and a grant from dcc, wat uni or you planning to attend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

regob wrote: »
    from buncrana co. donegal survive on a student loan for fees and a grant from dcc, wat uni or you planning to attend

Ah rite, I'm already at Magee, first year but should be in second year but changed course and went back into first year in a different course. So no grant for me now lol, does anyone know if you get the grant again after first year seeing as you progressed the year then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Undergrad was student loans company (UK), postgrad is a mixture of VEC and scholarship.

Myth will be able to help you out on the progression question I'm sure :cool:

Ah rite, I'm already at Magee, first year but should be in second year but changed course and went back into first year in a different course. So no grant for me now lol, does anyone know if you get the grant again after first year seeing as you progressed the year then?

honestly mate i dont think so, i think if ya have to repeat a year or change course after ure first year, i think thats fineto to the grant, sorry mate

Uh ohhh that aint good lol. Thanks anyways regob :)

• Advertisement

Uh ohhh that aint good lol. Thanks anyways regob :)

sorry bout the bad news, wat course you studying anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You are eligible for the grant again, if Im understanding the question correctly. I was in WIT for a year, got my grant there, then transferred to QUB. Could have went into second year (and continued to get my grant) but decided to do first year again and forego a year of the grant. Im now in second year and am now collecting the grant again.

Ugh, I said the word grant too much.

regob wrote: »
    sorry bout the bad news, wat course you studying anyways

Computer Science, brilliant course.

What you studying?

Computer Science, brilliant course.

What you studying?

economics in jordanstown. glad ya like your course

Advertisement