Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First C+C - Dublin Zoo

• 26-02-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

First trip to the zoo with my new dSLR. C+C much appreciated.

109B9708961147F7BE9D5B7E6B64DF52-500.jpg

D6B29BC29EE443E0A40808CF21A90436-500.jpg

783BA1629BF14E8D8EACE296F685F6BC-500.jpg

3F28345C3DDF49458CD13251DAA0AEF0-500.jpg

CB94CA1046D54D5BBC9ADE6647E6A6AC-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

l like the wolf shot, looking directly@ you, The Heron is crystal. what lens are you using? Try cropping the Chimp & give us a look @ his face, they are so interesting....good set chaotic..:)

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

Such lovely shots!!! Love the wolf shot!!! Looks like he's about to attack!!! Lol!!!

The Heron is wonderful, great focus and so clear.

The Robin is my favourite I think!!! You can see the detail on its feathers!!! Its very cute too!!!

I'm curious too, what lens are you using???

Great photos overall and I want to see more!!! :D
    Heading to you're pix.ie account now!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

I like them all. A bit of PP would work wonders :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Love the heron. Great shot

The wolf's expression is great, a good capture but unfortunately it seems a little out of focus.

I like the red panda, thats a great capture because anytime I have seen them they have been asleep near the top of a tree! :)

chimp pic has too much scrubby ground included which takes away from the image for me. Robin has slightly the opposite problem for me cropped slightly too close, the tail feather cut off and same in front of bird.

Great pics! enjoy the new camera :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭chaotic_vr

Thanks for the replies. I was using the Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6.

Using picasa atm as funds a little low then I'll be going over them when I can afford Photoshop or something. Also terrible at pp.:o

Here's the re-cropped Chimp. Not to keen on it, the focus isn't the best.

C63CF8518BCC43E48C35E8CEE270C54D-500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

While the crop may have lost a bit of definition / focus on the subject - i guess the general principle of the tighter crop is sound particularly where the contextual area surrounding the subject has no discerning feature(s).

Having said the above - with #2 I think it a little too tight (can't please some people eh? :) ) but its a good shot.

#3 is great to have caught him/her with that look - again i'd suggest a little too tight on the crop.

But in #4 you've nicely crop'd past the creature's form outline (and appropriately so). Again a little too tight at the top I'd imagine.

The last is good but the focus at the eye is a little soft. I see from the exif you were out at 300mm and f5.6 - assuming you were reasonably close, your depth of field would be very narrow which may be why the eye is out of focus.

Nice shots though - well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I like them. They all seem to be quite well focused for the lense. I do think you could have been a bit more creative with how you've cropped them. All the subjects are very centered in the images. A bit of post processing would do the wolf wonders. It looks a bit underexposed. The monkey shot would be better if you cropped on the left to give more balance to the picture.

Also you don't seem to have to done much post processing on them. They could all do with a good bit of noise reduction. ISO 800 on the Canon 1000 is not very pretty. I see you've used Picasa from your EXIF info in Pix.ie. If you can afford, it might be worth your while looking at Adobe Lightroom.

Over all its a nice set. :)

Dave OS

Advertisement