Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AD - Adding Child Groups to parent domain group

Options
  • 26-02-2009 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to setup an AD group.

The group is for users on two different domains, to have access on a shared folder on the parent domain..

I have setup the group on domain A (JJJSNRAD) and I'm trying to add a group from domain b (child, JJJJNRAD ). When I go to add the users and groups from the other domain, I enter in the group name and hit "locations" and select "Entire Directory" the only option im given is groups on the parent domain.

Anyone know how to get the child groups up.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What sort of group is it? Universal, Global?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Its a global group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Hmm, been a while, but from what I recall you need to first create global security groups in both domains and add members that need access to the resource to the respective global group. Then add both global groups to one universal group.

Then in the parent domain where the resource resides create one Domain local group and give it access to the resource. Add the universal Security group as a member of the domain local group.

That is if I am understanding correctly, which is always dubious this early :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Cheers that worked a treat.

Advertisement